C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Corsa Extreme vs Borla Atak

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,713 Likes on 2,920 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray
same for me, not up yet...

I think for the corsa exhaust and the xpipe for the stingray (not Z06) the weight savings were 2-4 lbs, so not that significant. Cant speak for the Z or the borla.
Borla's (16 lbs.) X-pipe is lighter than stock (23) and Corsa (20).
Old 02-23-2015, 10:07 AM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by King6
I didn't see anything on the website, was it delayed?
still nothing on site for monday on the non npp. Something must've went wrong...
Old 02-23-2015, 05:49 PM
King6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still nothing on site for monday on the non npp. Something must've went wrong...
I was getting excited to see what Borla was rolling out, but now I may be leaning towards Corsa!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:21 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

I was getting excited to see what Borla was rolling out, but now I may be leaning towards Corsa!
yeah, i didn't want to wait since i had the cash. I thought the wife may find another use for it lmao I ordered the corsa xtreme in black tips and double helix xpipe. The x pipe will be here tomorrow already If i don't like it ill sell it and get a borla when they actually come out.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:03 AM
shockwave
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by David Borla
If you hear drone issues with our system, especially in quiet mode, something is not right because we tuned the drone completely out of these systems. It's possible something is wrong with your system and we need to resolve this for you. Would it be possible for you to let me know a little more about this, when you bought the Borla system, where in the RPM range you hear the objectionable frequencies etc? Either here or you can email me at davidb@borla.com . We need to know what happened so we can resolve the issue to your satisfaction. There should be zero drone.
Will see you at Carlisle to check your system out. The drone issue I was referring to was on a friends vehicle and not my own. Not sure which version he had. I do like the idea that you are keeping the ability to change the sound modes mechanically.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:16 PM
King6
Instructor

Is it just me, or does it seem strange that Borla was on here hot to trot about their exhaust system and saying last Saturday it would be up on their website with info, sound clips, etc.....and NOTHING. And not even a peep on here about the delay. Makes me now wonder if it's a product issue and they spoke too soon of it's release?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:08 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Is it just me, or does it seem strange that Borla was on here hot to trot about their exhaust system and saying last Saturday it would be up on their website with info, sound clips, etc.....and NOTHING. And not even a peep on here about the delay. Makes me now wonder if it's a product issue and they spoke too soon of it's release?
yeah, i wish they would have updated us. i may have waited to see prices before ordering the corsa. Thats the other reason i didn't wait, i felt like maybe we would be guinea pigs and have problems with the new product...
Old 03-03-2015, 06:40 PM
David Borla
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

david, i stumbled on this thread while deciding corsa vs borla and i can't find any borla for non npp, non Z06 application, but this statement makes me think you do have a non npp system for the C7??? Please explain
Yes we do

S-Type - http://www.borla.com/products/c7_cor...rt__11877.html

ATAK - http://www.borla.com/products/c7_cor...rt__11869.html

And here's a link to all of our C7 stuff, look for anything that says "w/o NPP" We have a lot of parts for non-NPP cars.

Thanks for your interest

db
Old 03-03-2015, 06:49 PM
David Borla

yeah, i wish they would have updated us. i may have waited to see prices before ordering the corsa. Thats the other reason i didn't wait, i felt like maybe we would be guinea pigs and have problems with the new product...
Sorry guys. I can understand your skepticism. The weather in Tennessee set us back the last 2 weeks. The prototypes are done but the CAD drawings have to be completed and we have to finish the durability testing requirements dictated by our quality system. I can guarantee you that the first to have these parts will not be guinea pigs, if you're dissatisfied with our parts we will always stand behind them and resolve whatever issues you may have to your satisfaction, so you should have no worries in that regard.

However, I can fully understand that you don't want to wait and I'm disappointed we didn't get these parts out sooner. My apologies. Regardless we're really pleased with the systems we developed for the C7 Z06 and are excited for you to experience them. Again, if you want to talk to me directly call me at 805.246.6067 or send me an email to davidb@borla.com .

Thanks and my apologies once again.

db
Old 03-03-2015, 06:55 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

no need to apologize for getting a product out when its ready, not early just to sell more!!! I will own my C7 for a long time and have no problem selling my corsa in a little while to get something new!!! I'll be checking out the sound in upcoming shows and hopefully i will hate your products for the non NPP. (obviously that won't happen)
Old 03-04-2015, 07:48 AM
apolo
Advanced

Ben,

For the corsa atak, is it direct bolt on or is there cutting involved after the arm valve ?

Thanks
C7 z51

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
I've already been shipping the Corsa system, both Extreme and Sports are available.

Akrapovic is working on a system for end of year release I was told last month but that could be next year.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:00 AM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Originally Posted by apolo
Ben,

For the corsa atak, is it direct bolt on or is there cutting involved after the arm valve ?

Thanks
C7 z51
for the corsa, its the extreme, borla has the atak. For corsa you have to cut the muffler off the over axel pipe. It wasn't hard, i just did it last week. It seems from the pics in the links above from David, the borla doesn't have to be cut cause it looks like they provide their own over axel pipe...
Old 03-04-2015, 08:19 AM
King6
Instructor

for the corsa, its the extreme, borla has the atak. For corsa you have to cut the muffler off the over axel pipe. It wasn't hard, i just did it last week. It seems from the pics in the links above from David, the borla doesn't have to be cut cause it looks like they provide their own over axel pipe...
SharkGrayStingray,

How do you like the Corsa you installed? Did you go Extreme or Sport? Is it a deep sound? I have read some reviews that the Corsa can be raspy and sound a little more "exotic" versus a deep rumble. I am curious to get your take on it versus the stock exhaust.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:27 AM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

SharkGrayStingray,

How do you like the Corsa you installed? Did you go Extreme or Sport? Is it a deep sound? I have read some reviews that the Corsa can be raspy and sound a little more "exotic" versus a deep rumble. I am curious to get your take on it versus the stock exhaust.
I honestly can't answer you fully. I installed it last week and have started the car twice for 1 minute each. The weather is so bad i can't take a ride for (what may feel like) weeks probably... Initial thoughts? I have the extreme with the double helix x pipe, and so far i love the sound!!! If you listen to all 3, the extreme was ok, but combined with the double helix pipe, it sounds awesome!!! I had the sport on my C6 and loved it, but thought i wanted the extreme. I'm glad, so far that i got the extreme on the C7. Also, don't forget i have a base C7, not a Z06, so if you have a Z06 it may be too loud, not sure. I don't think its exotic at all. It sounds like a vette should sound.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:28 PM
David Borla

Yes, correct. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:36 PM
0billyb_at_borla
Former Vendor

Hi guys, we are literally shipping out a handful of the first batch of Z06 systems in a couple of weeks - but the demand will be high - our exhaust systems are handcrafted with the best material, so please keep that in mind when ordering - as there will be a turnaround time - but man are these systems worth it. great car. great sound!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:55 PM
0billyb_at_borla
Former Vendor

Our Z06 systems are also designed to work with factory valves!

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa Extreme vs Borla Atak

Old 05-31-2015, 09:23 PM
mcmillion
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Bump

Anyone install a borla yet?
Old 07-18-2015, 06:50 PM
silke69slim
Heel & Toe

Default Matter of preference

I have a 09 and i have the Corsa Xtreme and my Buddy has an 07 with the Borla. we finally parked side by side with both cars idiling. And let me tell you just sitting there sise by side he drowned me out! And when we hit the throttle and gave them good revs, his bark was bigger than mine. Like comparing a german sheppard to a great dane. But when we took rides in them and we both have the same sound system Bose Premium mines you can hear with no problem, and his on the other hand he had to crank up the volume and still there was drone. I love that Borla Atak and maybe i should have gotten it because I only drive my vette on Friday to Sunday High way miles but on a long trip that thing would give a damn headache! Its all in taste and what you want. The Borla Atak is one nasty exhaust system but be warned it ain't for everyone.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:03 AM
crazystylin
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Corsa Extreme with X pipe

Quick Reply: Corsa Extreme vs Borla Atak