C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:19 PM
jgraessley
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robe38
After picking up my new Z06 yesterday I had put about 800 miles on it and when I did a 5th gear pull from about 110-150 it gave me a "Engine Power Reduced" alert and also the speed was limited to about 60 mph and the car would not get into boost.
I stopped and restarted my car but the "check engine" light stayed on. Called onstar and they said it had code p228c which was something to do with fuel pressure being too low or something like that.
It seems that the power is back to normal and there's no mph limit on speed now but the Check Engine is still on.
Anybody else experience this or know how to remedy the problem?
Is it still safe to drive my car like that?
I have the same thing occur pretty consistently at Thunderhill (a track in Norther California). I took it in and the dealership said was designed to do that. I'm trying to find someone that knows what they're talking about. Crapping out on a track because I exceeded 120mph seems pretty lame for a car advertised as something great for the track.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:29 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Did I read that right you put 800 miles on your car on it's first day?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:01 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by robe38
After picking up my new Z06 yesterday I had put about 800 miles on it and when I did a 5th gear pull from about 110-150 it gave me a "Engine Power Reduced" alert and also the speed was limited to about 60 mph and the car would not get into boost.
I stopped and restarted my car but the "check engine" light stayed on. Called onstar and they said it had code p228c which was something to do with fuel pressure being too low or something like that.
It seems that the power is back to normal and there's no mph limit on speed now but the Check Engine is still on.
Anybody else experience this or know how to remedy the problem?
Is it still safe to drive my car like that?
You will get the Reduced Power message if you have had the hood open and turn on the ignition before you close it.

In fact, even when we switch intakes in testing different filters, just having the hood open, plugging and unplugging the MAF sensor will cause this RP message, even if the hood was closed prior to ignition.

The fix? Open and close the hood with the ignition off, and restart. If that doesn't work try disconnecting the negative side of the battery and putting it back on.

If all else fails, the dealer is your next stop.

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 04-01-2015, 05:34 AM
hootowlc7
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

I got a code when warming the interior up while taking my console apart to install my MGW shifter. I pulled the connectors so it set a code. Not sure if it went out yet but I'm sure it will.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light