C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell us how you really feel about throttle response?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 04:18 PM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Throttle Response (or lack thereof) is another way for manufacturers to make sure things don't get broken before the warranty is up. A simple tune can often get rid of throttle response delays. But there goes the warranty.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:51 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

1. Stock Z51, M7, pretty boring. Came from a C6Z and was dissappointed.

2. AFE, Corsa X, ported TB, and Diablo 93 tune. Much better throttle response and deeper exhaust sound. Not sure on horse power, but SOTP felt way better than option #1.

3. LG catted Super Pro's and ported intake manifold from Weapon X with a good professional tune. Now we are talking. 1st and 2nd are explosive. 3rd use to seem like it was geared too high and just wouldn't pull. Now it pulls hard all the way to 100+. And the sound is insane. Catted LT's with NPP will make you smile
Old 05-31-2016, 06:09 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by dovervold
1. Stock Z51, M7, pretty boring. Came from a C6Z and was dissappointed.
That has been my experience also, coming from a c6z. I was just about to start ordering parts, but I'm waiting to hear what it would cost me to trade into an Admiral Blue something, as I prefer that color to Laguna Blue.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:55 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
That has been my experience also, coming from a c6z. I was just about to start ordering parts, but I'm waiting to hear what it would cost me to trade into an Admiral Blue something, as I prefer that color to Laguna Blue.
Mike Furman has an Admiral Blue Z06 on his weekly post of deliveries and pictures. It is really really nice. Hope you can make something work
The following users liked this post:
UsernameProtected (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 10:48 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by dovervold
Mike Furman has an Admiral Blue Z06 on his weekly post of deliveries and pictures. It is really really nice. Hope you can make something work
Worst case if I don't, I'll get to keep my 2016 Laguna Blue. Not a bad outcome either way. Two months ago I'd never owned a brand-new car...it's tough to get comfortable with the idea of buying two within six months of each other.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:56 PM
hanks10GS
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts

I find the throttle response excellent. It seems so much better than my 2010 GS, and seems like much more than a 30hp difference. I attributed how responsive it feels to the direct fuel injection. Sorry to hear that others don't feel that the C7's are as responsive as they should be.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:34 AM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
I just installed a Vitesse Throttle Controller last night. It can be done in about 5 minutes, or longer depending on how integrated someone wants it to be. The difference is night and day. It doesn't make the car "faster", but it definitely wakes it up during normal everyday driving. The difference is noticeable at setting 5, and setting 9 makes the throttle response hyper-sensitive. For now, until I get more used to it, setting 7 is great.

I think it makes driving the car much more enjoyable around town.
Does the Vitesse save it's setting when the car is shut off? (If it does I might mount it out of sight, figuring once I find a setting I like I will probably keep it there)
Old 06-01-2016, 02:27 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMN
Does the Vitesse save it's setting when the car is shut off? (If it does I might mount it out of sight, figuring once I find a setting I like I will probably keep it there)

Yes, the Controller has an internal memory that will keep the last setting you chose. you can simply hide it and forget it.
JonMN (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 02:34 PM
raylo
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 255 Posts

I find the throttle response laggy both on and off. I notice it a lot whilst rev matching for downshifts. Getting the timing right is not intuitive. Plus when letting off after a burnout, the back wheels spin a little too long after you thought you were done. My old 4th gen Z28 LT1 was much better and more predictable... it felt much more directly connected to the pedal. I'd probably get a tune if not for warranty issues.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:32 AM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
In addition to the 2015 C7, I also own a 2009 Jaguar XKR 4.2 L Supercharged Portfolio Edition vehicle.

Between the C7 and the Jaguar XKR, the pedal and throttle on the Jaguar XKR is much more responsive than the C7. The Jaguar literally throws your head back into the head rest.

I am pleased with the Corvette and the throttle response, but it just doesn't compare to my supercharged Jaguar XKR.

Both cars suit my current driving habits, and I am not that interested on how fast the car accelerates when stomping on the gas pedal. There is plenty of power for me on American roads when I need it.

Both vehicles are an absolute pleasure to drive and own.
damn. Vert Jag and a red Vette. You are living large brother! Lol.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

I thought it was just me as when I test drove the c7 last week. I was surprised by the slow throttle response. I last had a c6 years ago and remembered it feeling more responsive. I bought the car cause I love erevrything else about it and traded in my supercharged a6 3.0 which felt faster at light throttle. Of course once I've driven it since and went 3/4 down on the pedal it took off like a rocket. I miss the feeling of taking off fast without having to use more pedal so the Vitesse Throttle Controller sounds interesting. is this basically programming the same way as the Diablo?

Ted
Old 10-13-2016, 01:25 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

Chuck Cow throttle booster also makes the throttle response more linear, like night and day.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:31 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted P
I thought it was just me as when I test drove the c7 last week. I was surprised by the slow throttle response. I last had a c6 years ago and remembered it feeling more responsive. I bought the car cause I love erevrything else about it and traded in my supercharged a6 3.0 which felt faster at light throttle. Of course once I've driven it since and went 3/4 down on the pedal it took off like a rocket. I miss the feeling of taking off fast without having to use more pedal so the Vitesse Throttle Controller sounds interesting. is this basically programming the same way as the Diablo?

Ted
Our Controller will do exactly what you need, will make your gas pedal feel more linear ( Same as with a hard cable Throttle ) : 50% Gas pedal = 50% Throttle body blade opening. You can even increase it at higher settings...

The Throttle controller will allow you to choose from 9 different settings. Without the need to load a different Tune... Changing your setting

Most tunes will only allow you one single setting and the throttle response improvement will never match what the controller can do.

The maximum Throttle response improvement on a Tune = 25% of what the controller can do. The ECU does not accept anything higher.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:00 AM
CaliforniaJed
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

Feels slow to me but I have gotten used to it. My last car was a 2015 Challenger SRT with a 392 Hemi, stock. Instant, tire spinning response from just the lightest tough on the throttle made for tons of smiles. My 2016 Z51 is not anything like that, and I missed the feeling at first. Now, though, I am starting to appreciate the controlled power the Z51 delivers with a heavier foot. Apples and oranges.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:21 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Corvettes of westchester cow tune to improve throttle response...

Gym tends to numb down the early portion of throttle response in its performance cars to keep people not used to driving high hp sports cars from killing themselves...

The sport mode of the corvette stock should meet your expectations...

If not contact chuck ar corvettes of westchester to meet your throttle response desires
Old 10-14-2016, 09:23 AM
SCorvette08
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

Mr cow how do you do a tune if Im in South Carolina ?? is it a in the mail tune or do you have to be present ?
JerriVette (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 11:12 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by SCorvette08
Mr cow how do you do a tune if Im in South Carolina ?? is it a in the mail tune or do you have to be present ?
You could just do this and not worry about voiding your warranty with a tune.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ll-review.html

I have it and love it.

Get notified of new replies

To Tell us how you really feel about throttle response?

Old 10-14-2016, 01:16 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by SCorvette08
Call the guy and have him send it to with auto cal I think? I think it's pretty cool as I have the cow tune in my corvette and like it.

Either that or he travels around the country and make an appointment?

Hope this helps
Old 10-14-2016, 07:13 PM
NYVette2112
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

So does the throttle response contribute to this ridiculous noise?

My car did not have it the first 1 1/2 weeks, but does now and I know many other vettes have this noise.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:08 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

your vette had that noise on day 1 and 100% of them have it.

do you have a test video of the first 1.5 weeks?

is there a functional purpose to quick throttle jabs from 0% - 20% throttle while sitting at idle or is it just a test? does the test of the emergency broadcast system on your TV indicate something about your home audio system, too?

would you like GM to wrap the engine in cotton so your ears aren't harmed by the horrific sounds of an ICE?

do you call your friends outside at 2am to demonstrate this ridiculous sound or do you drive the hell out of the car like you should?

IMO, it sounds less ridiculous than a lot of things, like Civics with loud exhaust and presidential debates.
bigsapper (10-16-2016)

Quick Reply: Tell us how you really feel about throttle response?