C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone has a Procharger Stage 1 kit???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Z06FRC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone has a Procharger Stage 1 kit???

I recently bought a Procharger stage 1 kit with ECS bracket. I would to hear from other owners of this kit their experiences with it. Things like horsepower gains, maintenance, etc.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 AM
03blackZ06
Drifting

call procharger and order there stage 2 upgrade its like $650 or so but it comes with a new radiator bracket to lower the radiator and over the radiator intake set up plus so other cool things. its well worth the money. plus you will get some good gains from it.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

if you already have the ECS bracket... It is no longer a stage 1 kit

As the other poster mentioned, one upgrade that i think is required is to lower the radiator and pull air from over the radiator (keep the stock fans in place also).

I believe ECS has a bolt on radiator bracket to do this, and it wouldnt be $650. Not sure what all is in the "procharger" kit - but beings you already have an upgraded bracket, i wonder if many of the parts would be relevant.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:50 AM
clemsondave
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume it is a P1SC. Should see anywhere from 500-650rwhp depending on other mods and how much boost you want to throw at it.

Not much maintenance to it. Change the procharger oil when you do your regular oil changes. Have to get the oil from Procharger or a dealer. Also, make sure the belt stays in good condition.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:57 AM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by clemsondave
I assume it is a P1SC. Should see anywhere from 500-650rwhp depending on other mods and how much boost you want to throw at it.

Not much maintenance to it. Change the procharger oil when you do your regular oil changes. Have to get the oil from Procharger or a dealer. Also, make sure the belt stays in good condition.
500-650 RWHP?
Gee, I must have been gipped! I am barely pushing 500 RWHP with a P1SC-Stage II kit, with a FAST-92 intake, Lingenfelter 90MM TB, 90 MM MAF, AR 1-7/8" Headers, and much more.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
clemsondave
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I made a bad assumption. I have a P1SC with an A&A kit. 9# with headers, meth, stock tb and stock intake. 595/495.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:27 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

guess its all in the tune...
Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
jeffrey757
Heel & Toe

I saw that you said u have to change the procharger oil. Is that true. And how do you do that? Any info would be great.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Z06FRC
Racer

Originally Posted by SmoothFRC
if you already have the ECS bracket... It is no longer a stage 1 kit

As the other poster mentioned, one upgrade that i think is required is to lower the radiator and pull air from over the radiator (keep the stock fans in place also).

I believe ECS has a bolt on radiator bracket to do this, and it wouldnt be $650. Not sure what all is in the "procharger" kit - but beings you already have an upgraded bracket, i wonder if many of the parts would be relevant.
Here a link of what I purchase below

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...kets-pics.html

I also ask if this kit was design to work with the factory air box? I have a Vararam VR-B2 intake and I'm wondering if I can make it work with the supercharger?

Originally Posted by clemsondave

It has the P1SC-1 headunit. The kit was sold to me with two pulleys. One for 7psi and the other for 9psi. I would like to run 9psi, but is that alittle much for my stock motor?

Do I have to remove the head-unit to change the oil or can I leave it on the car?

Last edited by Z06FRC; 05-12-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: More to add
Old 05-12-2009, 05:15 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Well, I have 701 RWHP on the P1SC-1 with the A&A second gen bracket and am running a 3.2" Pulley @ 14.4 PSI of BOOST!

See sig below for more details, In all seriousness they work great!

I do have the twin intercoolers

Thanks,Matt
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 AM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06FRC

I also ask if this kit was design to work with the factory air box? I have a Vararam VR-B2 intake and I'm wondering if I can make it work with the supercharger?

It has the P1SC-1 headunit. The kit was sold to me with two pulleys. One for 7psi and the other for 9psi. I would like to run 9psi, but is that alittle much for my stock motor?

Do I have to remove the head-unit to change the oil or can I leave it on the car?

First and foremost you should get the bracket to lower the radiator to pull air from over the radiator. Your intake will now be coming from the procharger head unit. With all the piping from the dual intercoolers, you will not be able to re-use the vararam. Majority of us just have a pipe coming right off the head unit and attaching directly to a filter.

A&A sells an airbridge that is designed to keep the radiator in the stock location... (no bracket to lower rad required) not sure if this will work or not with the ECS bracket (not sure if the head unit is mounted high enough)... You can always call Andy and ask, and worst case, you can modify the stock radiator hold down and hammer down a small section of the radiator for clearance of the airbridge (sounds worse than it is, think alot of people do this)

you will get many different answers on how to do things or upgrade the stock procharger kit. The biggest issue by far was the bracket design (i still have it). But when using it on a stock motor, you would have been fine. but you have the upgraded bracket, so you are good to go.

The dual intercoolers are another area of discussion. Again, i think if you are keeping the stock longblock in there and want to keep it safe, you are fine with these. As the poster above mentioned, he is still running the duals and has 700hp..

as for the pulleys... that is a discussion you should have with your tuner. I have the 3.85 pulley on my car, and have run this for 60k miles. This does create a bit more boost them my tuner wanted me to run, so we limited the car at 6k versus 6500.

Good luck, and you will love it!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

A&A sells an airbridge that is designed to keep the radiator in the stock location... (no bracket to lower rad required) not sure if this will work or not with the ECS bracket (not sure if the head unit is mounted high enough)...
It works, I have the ECS bracket with the A&A air birdge and top shroud.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Z06FRC
Racer

Can I change the oil while the headunit is in the car or does it need to be removed?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

My P1SC-1 came with a stainless braided line connected to the drain hole. I just life the the car, and remove the plug on the other end of the hose and let it drain.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Blow Torch
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by csdunaway
My P1SC-1 came with a stainless braided line connected to the drain hole. I just life the the car, and remove the plug on the other end of the hose and let it drain.
Yes; This is a cheap mod that you should definitely consider. You need to periodically change the blower oil, and this little mod makes it a 5 min. EASY job, instead of a 20+ min. PITA.

According to the info I found on the stage one, the only really BAD issues are the old bracket and the in-shroud filter. An article on the S2 upgrade, stated the over the radiator mod was worth about 30-40hp. It certainly makes it much easier to service the air cleaner.
I made my on brackets and lowered the radiator, and ran 4" pipes to the blower and TB. Not a hard job at all.
The pulley will be trial and error. Everything you do to remove restritions in the air flow path; from the over the radiator plumbing, to headers and intake, will LOWER your boost, thus requiring you to go to a smaller pulley (that's a good thing) Get some recomedatins from some vendors and go from there
Old 05-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Z06FRC
Racer

First and foremost you should get the bracket to lower the radiator to pull air from over the radiator. Your intake will now be coming from the procharger head unit. With all the piping from the dual intercoolers, you will not be able to re-use the vararam. Majority of us just have a pipe coming right off the head unit and attaching directly to a filter.

A&A sells an airbridge that is designed to keep the radiator in the stock location... (no bracket to lower rad required) not sure if this will work or not with the ECS bracket (not sure if the head unit is mounted high enough)... You can always call Andy and ask, and worst case, you can modify the stock radiator hold down and hammer down a small section of the radiator for clearance of the airbridge (sounds worse than it is, think alot of people do this)

you will get many different answers on how to do things or upgrade the stock procharger kit. The biggest issue by far was the bracket design (i still have it). But when using it on a stock motor, you would have been fine. but you have the upgraded bracket, so you are good to go.

The dual intercoolers are another area of discussion. Again, i think if you are keeping the stock longblock in there and want to keep it safe, you are fine with these. As the poster above mentioned, he is still running the duals and has 700hp..

as for the pulleys... that is a discussion you should have with your tuner. I have the 3.85 pulley on my car, and have run this for 60k miles. This does create a bit more boost them my tuner wanted me to run, so we limited the car at 6k versus 6500.

Good luck, and you will love it!
Originally Posted by bullitt4110
It works, I have the ECS bracket with the A&A air birdge and top shroud.

Can someone give me a part number or a internet link to the A&A airbridge?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Blow Torch
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=292

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone has a Procharger Stage 1 kit???

Old 05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
0Arun@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06FRC

Those don't look like the ECS brackets in the pic.

Nope!

Not with the right tune

That's the easiest way.

You defintely want to lay the rad down like on Madmatt's car-just aks him what the difference was!

We have the rad drop spacers and can get yout eh air inlet tubes if you need them-doing that is probably worth 30-50 rwhp right there!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 AM
reneeautumn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stage 2 p1sc and am making 641rwhp/553ftlbtq...so he was right in the ball park..feed those mice..ha,ha and good luck.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 AM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by reneeautumn
I have a stage 2 p1sc and am making 641rwhp/553ftlbtq...so he was right in the ball park..feed those mice..ha,ha and good luck.
What all have you done to get 641 rwhp??? I have a P1SC1 Stage 2, and am only getting 500 RWHP!

Quick Reply: Anyone has a Procharger Stage 1 kit???