Northern California Northern California

Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Oakland Raiders

Off the subject of Corvettes, but the Raiders should be 3-0 if it wasn't for the defense choking the second half. The Raiders still have a ways to go, can't trust that defense, but surprised they beat the Jets thought they lose that game. Love how the offense is playing right now and Darren McFadden is incredible. Now a big test against New England see what happen there. New England **** off about losing in Buffalo so there going to come at us with guns blazing. We could win but I don't see it, hope I am wrong. It's hard to trust the Raiders with all this losing we had over the last 8 years. Last year we did go 8-8 but I want playoffs. I like Hue so far, think he will be a good coach. I like how he aggressive. If he does end up doing well, Al will get rid him some how, like Gruden. Oh well only time will tell. GO RAIDERS!!!

Last edited by Paul 68; 09-27-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Off the subject of Corvettes, but the Raiders should be 3-0 if it wasn't for the defense choking the second half. The Raiders still have a ways to go, can't trust that defense, but surprised they beat the Jets thought they lose that game. Love how the offense is playing right now and Darren McFadden is incredible. Now a big test against New England see what happen there. New England **** off about losing in Buffalo so there going to come at us with guns blazing. We could win but I don't see it, hope I am wrong. It's hard to trust the Raiders with all this losing we had over the last 8 years. Last year we did go 8-8 but I want playoffs. I like Hue so far, think he will be a good coach. I like how he aggressive. If he does end up doing well, Al will get rid him some how, like Gruden. Oh well only time will tell. GO RAIDERS!!!
Played great last weekend and should be a shoot out with the Pats this weekend.

GO RAIDERS
Old 09-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Played great last weekend and should be a shoot out with the Pats this weekend.

GO RAIDERS
Yeah hope we kick the Pats a$$, going to be tough game.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:22 PM
fej
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know who didn't play last week? DB Johnson. He is terrible and has been for years. Pretty sure he is the most penalized DB in football. The Bills threw at him all game.

30+ picks spent in the defensive backfield in the past 5-6 years, and only 1 was worth a damn, and he left us.

/rant off

Fej
Old 09-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by fej
You know who didn't play last week? DB Johnson. He is terrible and has been for years. Pretty sure he is the most penalized DB in football. The Bills threw at him all game.

30+ picks spent in the defensive backfield in the past 5-6 years, and only 1 was worth a damn, and he left us.

/rant off

Fej

Yep, don't understand Al Davis who does. Chris Johnson should have been let go, but I guess with the lockout there was no one out there. Let hope we can beef up the defense next year, because this year don't look to good so far.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

We got our butt kicked, like I figure. Well at least they didn't give up, and gain alot of yards but didn't score and the 2 turnovers. Another hard game next week at Texans.

Last edited by Paul 68; 10-12-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:26 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Stupid plays and penalties. Even with some bad calls from the officials(per usuall) they still could have won. Dumb penalties and the two interceptions were terrible. Do we have any llinebackers on the Raiders, because they sure seem to dissapear once the game starts.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 437 Likes on 234 Posts

Yes...but Jason Campbell could have done without the INT...it basically put them out of the game along with the D.

The Bill's game was sacrificed by the D for sure, but when playing the Pats....offense has got to score every drive...because Tom Brady is going to score.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
Yes...but Jason Campbell could have done without the INT...it basically put them out of the game along with the D.

The Bill's game was sacrificed by the D for sure, but when playing the Pats....offense has got to score every drive...because Tom Brady is going to score.
Yeah I hate the Pats but Brady is bad ***. I am surprised the Raiders didn't score more. Oh well live and learn and move onto the next game.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 437 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Stupid plays and penalties. Even with some bad calls from the officials(per usuall) they still could have won. Dumb penalties and the two interceptions were terrible. Do we have any llinebackers on the Raiders, because they sure seem to dissapear once the game starts.
Missing Namdi this year for sure...huge play maker that Al Davis should not have even let go...same goes for C. Woodson.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Missing Namdi this year for sure...huge play maker that Al Davis should not have even let go...same goes for C. Woodson.
That's Al Davis for you. Raiders won't win a Super Bowl till he no longer in control. But Hue the best coach I think since Gruden. Since they move back to Oakland.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 PM
vince48
Advanced

The AFL West might have been intimidated by Namdi, but if you have watch any of the Eagle games, Namdi has not only been thrown on, but beat several times. I'm not talking nickle and garbage stuff but deep routes. This might be a Zito contract for the Eagle's.
Hue, needs to build a bully with his offensive line! With McFadden and Bush will blow up any defense in the same backfield, but the line has got to be physical not cute. Stay with that game plan 1st and 2nd down. That will open more play action and pass opportunities for Campbell and his young receivers.
Defense, needs a better defense coordinator and better mike and willie linebacker positions! The guys they have currently looks like Tarzan but hits like Jane!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vince48
The AFL West might have been intimidated by Namdi, but if you have watch any of the Eagle games, Namdi has not only been thrown on, but beat several times. I'm not talking nickle and garbage stuff but deep routes. This might be a Zito contract for the Eagle's.
Hue, needs to build a bully with his offensive line! With McFadden and Bush will blow up any defense in the same backfield, but the line has got to be physical not cute. Stay with that game plan 1st and 2nd down. That will open more play action and pass opportunities for Campbell and his young receivers.
Defense, needs a better defense coordinator and better mike and willie linebacker positions! The guys they have currently looks like Tarzan but hits like Jane!
Yeah hate Chuck Bresnahan don't know why they brought him back, I think because no one else wanted to coach defense here. No matter who we get always same thing can't stop the run. Al Davis like to run man to man and you need to run zone in this day and age. We don't have the players to run man to man every down. I pretty much guarantee we will rank near to dead last in Defense by the end of the year. Defensive coaches change but the results are the same.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:20 PM
fej
Melting Slicks

Yep, lack the personnel to play the style Davis pushes on the coordinators.

I think Nnamdi can really play, but he was not Revis level, but appeared to be because Chris Johnson or "Random 3rd Round Pick" can't play a lick. Why throw at the guy that might make a play when you can throw at the guy who you know won't or can't? That all comes out in the film work leading up to the game by the opposing offense each week.

Cambell needs to play better and make better decisions. Or he needs to go. I think Hugh has a lot of stuff heading the right direction, but needs some people to step up, and some people to step out .. or die

Take a look around at the franchises that win consistently, and who their QB's are. Pats and Brady, GB and Rodgers, Saints and Brees ... you need a star at QB in today's game, without one you are fighting an uphill battle that you aren't going to win even if you get to the playoffs. Teams like the Ravens about a decade ago don't happen anymore with mid bottom level QB winning Super Bowls ...

Trade up to get Luck, and pay him

Fej
Old 10-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Racin Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

C'mon man!!! We're talking about the Raiders.

-Dave
Old 10-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Quarterback

I don't think the Raiders will draft another quarterback in the first round after what happen with JaMarcus Russel. We won't be a great football team again until Al Davis is not control of the team no more.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 68
I don't think the Raiders will draft another quarterback in the first round after what happen with JaMarcus Russel. We won't be a great football team again until Al Davis is not control of the team no more.
We'll find out now. Al Davis is dead.

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 10-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GotCorvette?
We'll find out now. Al Davis is dead.
Yeah just heard from my cousin. Sad day for Raider Nation, see what will happen with the team now?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:31 AM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

RIP Al, you had a great run.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jersey jay
RIP Al, you had a great run.
Yep did alot for the Raiders and the NFL.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders