C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!

Old 06-15-2015, 07:50 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!

D3 Performance Engineering is proud to announce our new updated PWM Speed Controlled Dual Spal Fan Kit!

Newest Features:

- 100% plug and play.
- Full motorsport grade harness is included (built with Tefzel wire and sealed with Raychem DR-25 and SCL epoxy heatshrink.
- Allows 100% factory controlled speed settings (can be set through HPtuners or any PWM output on a standalone EMS.
- Does not require any outside control unit or temp sensor.
- Comes standard with 11" Spal Extreme Duty fans, flows more than any fan within its size, with and without a restriction (intercooler, condensor, and radiator).
- Shroud is a 100% bolt in affair, no modification needed.
- Will increase airflow speed across the radiator and heat exchanger for better cooling
- Works with all factory, C&R, and LG motorsport radiators.

*For the best cooling combination, we can offer this fan setup paired with the C&R radiator!

We have these in stock for all C6 Corvette models, pricing is $899.99 plus S/H, dealer inquires welcome. Please email Sales@D3PerformanceEngineering.com or call 832-230-1094 for more information or to order!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:17 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Nice. Just got mine supercharged....will see what temps look like and will consider this option.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:24 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Looks great Dave! Better than the proto type I saw you working on a few months ago.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Luck me, I think my stock unit is dieing. Definitely looks to be the best option.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:16 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Crydom solid state relay?
Old 06-16-2015, 11:32 AM
dsp300c
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

will this fit c6's with a bigger headunit like an f1r or f1x?
Old 06-16-2015, 12:22 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by DSteck
Crydom solid state relay?
Appears so.

What freq does the factory system use?
Old 06-16-2015, 12:34 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dsp300c
will this fit c6's with a bigger headunit like an f1r or f1x?
It should if you are using a full rad with the lowered radiator stay, but we have not verified, with that said, if you are running a Dewitts rad, these do not fit as the header to header length is shorter then OEM, also if its cut down, it also will not fit.

I will try to make an engineering drawing with overall dimensions to allow for space checking on custom supercharger setups.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:04 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

For those with supercharger systems or custom setups, heres basic dimensions to check if space is there or not.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:51 PM
dsp300c
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D3PE
It should if you are using a full rad with the lowered radiator stay, but we have not verified, with that said, if you are running a Dewitts rad, these do not fit as the header to header length is shorter then OEM, also if its cut down, it also will not fit.

I will try to make an engineering drawing with overall dimensions to allow for space checking on custom supercharger setups.

I have a stock fan with a stock radiator and use the lower cradle provided by Procharger.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:10 PM
nareg
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How much more air does this move vs the stock fan/s?
The following users liked this post:
CDALS7 (12-20-2022)
Old 06-16-2015, 06:43 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Originally Posted by nareg
How much more air does this move vs the stock fan/s?
About as much as your blower lol! JKing. How you doing? If you haven't done some cooling upgrades yet buddy might start thinking about it. I haven't seen any SC corvettes that didn't benefit from radiator and fans. But Bill did hold out for a LONG time lol! But I think he was just waiting on a deal etc.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:45 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Appears so.

What freq does the factory system use?
128Hz, which is well within usable range for a SSR.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Just to clarify this above statement..... will this fan setup work with a standard sized Dewitts radiator? I'd love one of these, but probably not if it means getting rid of my Dewitts and buying another radiator.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:00 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Streetk14
Just to clarify this above statement..... will this fan setup work with a standard sized Dewitts radiator? I'd love one of these, but probably not if it means getting rid of my Dewitts and buying another radiator.
It does not
Old 06-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

And I don't see any way that is fitting with most centri inlet setups that require the upper passenger side trimmed down to clear the inlet.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:01 PM
nareg
Racer

Originally Posted by inspector12
About as much as your blower lol! JKing. How you doing? If you haven't done some cooling upgrades yet buddy might start thinking about it. I haven't seen any SC corvettes that didn't benefit from radiator and fans. But Bill did hold out for a LONG time lol! But I think he was just waiting on a deal etc.
Hey what's up Jeff? I currently have 2 spal fans (not sure which model) on a plastic bracket and it does keep the car cool on the highway (190-200 during a hot typical Houston day and 178-190 at night) however in typical Houston traffic with the ac on the water temps can get in the 220-230 range real quick.

Get notified of new replies

To D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!

Old 06-18-2015, 06:44 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Originally Posted by nareg
Hey what's up Jeff? I currently have 2 spal fans (not sure which model) on a plastic bracket and it does keep the car cool on the highway (190-200 during a hot typical Houston day and 178-190 at night) however in typical Houston traffic with the ac on the water temps can get in the 220-230 range real quick.
Yeah I did a quite a bit of changes after Billy and I finished my car the first time because of the same reason. But not an issue any more. Just give me a ring if you want to chat about it a little before you buy anything.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
nareg
Racer

Originally Posted by inspector12
Yeah I did a quite a bit of changes after Billy and I finished my car the first time because of the same reason. But not an issue any more. Just give me a ring if you want to chat about it a little before you buy anything.
Will do man
Old 06-18-2015, 06:36 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

if you are running a Dewitts rad, these do not fit as the header to header length is shorter then OEM, also if its cut down, it also will not fit.
First, let me say you did a real nice job on that fan upgrade kit.
The shroud and fan package looks like something we'd do.

Second, our C6 radiator is built slightly shorter (about 3/4") than the stock radiator. The reason we do this is because it was the only way we could fit the radiator without trimming any plastic from the cover. We take pride in our line of radiators being a true Direct Fit and this seemed to be the only way. A lot of guys adding blowers and SC appreciate the extra clearence over the top of the radiator.

The term "header to header" (H2H) is often misused even by professional radiator people, so let me explain. The "header" is the plate that all the tubes weld into and there is one on each side. The end tank is welded to the header to create a chamber. The stock H2H dimension is 23.6" and so is ours. What IS different is the distance between the SIDE CHANNELS. This page shows both the inside and outside view of a header. Since the DP3E shroud is designed to mount on the factory fan mounting tabs, I don't see why it wouldn't fit our radiator. The shroud might stick up higher on our radiator, or look like it does, but that postion should be the same as any other brand. Again, nice job on the fans!

http://www.dewitts.com/pages/brazed-...radiator-cores

Last edited by Tom@Dewitt; 06-18-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!