C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Sniper new comp for FiTech

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 10:27 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Holley Sniper new comp for FiTech

Both start at $999, I briefly talked with a Holley tech rep and it seems that their unit is fairly similar to the FiTech unit but does not control as many features - he left it at that. Should be out in about 4 months so mre info will be released then. With any luck FiTech will drop its price to stay ahead of the big boys. More competition is always good for us.

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/hol...r_efi_systems/
Old 11-22-2015, 02:53 PM
dembo
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Bah, seems like I threw my money out too soon ! Esthetically it looks pleasing
Nick
Old 11-22-2015, 03:56 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

I do like the two four barrels in the FiTech kit. They would likk pretty cool under the hood. I wonder why Holley took so long, but probably the way to go in the future since there won't be anyone left to properly tune a carb. I bought an LM-1 A/F meter and over the period of a summer dialed my Demon carb in perfect,

It runs pretty much like a EFI setup, with proper A/F mixtures at idle, cruise and WOT. The only difference is the advantage of cold start and running cold for the first few miles.

But that only takes a couple of minutes to warm up in the cold and less than a minute in the summer. And since I only drive it in good conditions and no elevations to worry about I wonder how much better it would run with these EFI kits or whether I will think I just dumped 2 grand for something that performs the same or worse as my carb.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:27 PM
diehrd
Safety Car

Received 293 Likes on 189 Posts

Entry level TBI is ok . . Multi port is amazing ..

Last edited by diehrd; 11-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:52 PM
Kacyc3
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dembo
Bah, seems like I threw my money out too soon ! Esthetically it looks pleasing
Nick
I looked at these and it seems like there isn't any tuning options, the ecm tunes how it sees fit and that's it. Doesn't mention if it is tuned for performance full time or if it allows to tune for mpg while cruising down the interstate.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:36 PM
MrForce
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '14

Originally Posted by Kacyc3
I looked at these and it seems like there isn't any tuning options, the ecm tunes how it sees fit and that's it. Doesn't mention if it is tuned for performance full time or if it allows to tune for mpg while cruising down the interstate.
It uses the O2 sensor to tune for performance at big throttle/ high RPM and leans it out of lower RPM, high vacuum (cruising mode)
Old 11-23-2015, 08:09 PM
jyounane
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MrForce
It uses the O2 sensor to tune for performance at big throttle/ high RPM and leans it out of lower RPM, high vacuum (cruising mode)
It suggests 4 - wire hookup. No O2 sensor mentioned in the link. I wonder how it self tunes without a O2 sensor?

Joe
Old 11-24-2015, 09:39 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jyounane
It suggests 4 - wire hookup. No O2 sensor mentioned in the link. I wonder how it self tunes without a O2 sensor?

Joe
I imagine that Holley will come out with more info as it gets closer to launch. I bet FAST et al will be coming out with a similar unit fairly soon. I talked to the owner of FiTech last spring and he said that all the cos. get their tbi hardware units from the same factory in China.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:49 PM
Strokemyaxe
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

So it's out now. Anyone of you guys get it yet?
Old 03-18-2016, 01:27 AM
bikerbilly18
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bump , also interested in reviews on this. Holly hasn't posted much info on this yet.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:39 AM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

FYI Fitech also has a up to 400hp kit for $800 out now.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:41 AM
grancuda
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jyounane

Joe
4 wires hook to the cars wiring system. There are wires from the unit for sensors & stuff that comes with the unit.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:39 AM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Received 543 Likes on 198 Posts

I've been pre-ordered for months. We were supposed to get our Sniper's this week. Now it looks like September.
Bee Jay
The following users liked this post:
NewbVetteGuy (06-23-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 12:56 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Bee Jay
I've been pre-ordered for months. We were supposed to get our Sniper's this week. Now it looks like September.
Bee Jay
All things considered, this EFI is top of my list right now. I'm definitely interested in ignition control, electric fan control, tuneability, and integration with an electronic transmission unit. (To get rid of the stupid TPS setup and go full digital.)

I definitely want to wait and see, though; as of right now I'm planning on asking Santa for a Sniper for Christmas, though.

The Edelbrock feature set and control via an Android App over BlueTooth with the Edelbrock eStreet is pretty awesome;(go download it for free from the GooglePlay store and put it in Demo mode to check it out) a shame their price isn't competitive with Holley, though. (I'm really interested in whether an Android Auto-equipped 1DIN pop-out stereo could directly connect to the eStreet 2 over BlueTooth and load the requisite app (I expect it can definitely do the latter; not sure about the stereo connecting out to the E-street 2 over bluetooth though). It would be so awesome if you could just click on an Estreet EFI app on your stereo and switch from Eco to Track mode--- even thinking about such tech in a C3 gives me such joy! (Yea, I'm a huge geek!)

Having a wired dedicated screen is pretty dumb and seeing the Edelbrock app in action even in demo mode is pretty compelling. -It supports having multiple tuned profiles (you can create an eco mode and a track mode profile and swap between them). They make it stupid simple and I really appreciate that.

I'm secretly in love with the Edelbrock solution, but I just can't get over the price difference.

Adam

Last edited by NewbVetteGuy; 06-23-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:20 PM
been-there-done-that
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bee Jay
Bee Jay
Yeah, I got the bad news last Wednesday at HolleyInjection.com. Good news is folks that pre-ordered there only paid a $50 deposit to pre-order (balance due at shipping.) Much better than paying full ticket at Holley.Com and finding out you're living without your $1000 another 2-3 months.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

I ordered from them too, thinking I was ordering directly from Holley. Then they didn't know why the units were delayed. If you were Holley, you would know why. Summit doesn't charge you a dime till it ships. I should stick with what works.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Strokemyaxe
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Reviving for updates...

im about to pull the trigger on an EFI under $1200. What's the verdict in the sniper?

Get notified of new replies

To Holley Sniper new comp for FiTech

Old 09-13-2016, 11:22 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

I think it has been delayed until sometime in October, officially the Holley site says Sept 30th

Last edited by gdh; 09-13-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:50 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

There are no updates because Holly delayed at the sniper until November .

Adam
Old 09-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

I have no idea how the Sniper is. We still haven't recieved it. Sept, Oct, now November! I want to stay with Holley, because my 20 year old Holley 4Di was so reliable. maybe for Christmas.

Quick Reply: Holley Sniper new comp for FiTech