C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Curb Alert Front Bumper Protection System at PFYC

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 03:52 PM
PFYC
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 165 Likes on 145 Posts

Default Curb Alert Front Bumper Protection System at PFYC

Curb Alert Front Bumper Protection System

Introducing the cure for the common curb, the Curb Alert. Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles.

Curbs are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road. In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with).

The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active. The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb.

Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

Features:
- Universal Mount (All Makes and Models)
- Warns with an audible alarm before striking a curb that could damage your front bumper and/or spoiler.
- Prevents embarrassing parking lot moments and sounds when your bumper or front spoiler hits a curb.
- Sensor can mount in a discrete manner in the front end of most any vehicle and does not require any drilling.
- Advanced infra-red triangulation technology and specialized software embedded for reliable operation.
- Warning distance is adjustable from 8-28 inches. (Bumper to curb)
- Removable when necessary with out leaving any holes as evidence.
- Automatic power-up on vehicle ignition; never a battery drain.
- Alert sound volume can be set to High, Low, or Mute inside vehicle.
- Installation kit includes installation procedures, all wiring, wire ties, sensor calibration procedures, and user guide.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, BMW 335i, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates

It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is their lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking).

FREE SHIPPING in the Lower 48 states! Half price shipping to Canada!

PFYC.COM - Proudly Serving You For Over 20 Years! Call Us Toll Free: 866.695.PFYC (7392)
www.pfyc.com info@pfyc.com .."we're here to help"
The following users liked this post:
MDmotorman (12-23-2020)
Old 02-12-2016, 05:35 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

Could you please show a Utube Vid of the installation on a 2015 Z06?
Thanks
Old 02-12-2016, 06:23 PM
67*427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Ditto.

Has anyone with a Z06 actually installed this setup and if so, did you mount the sensor behind the air deflector (under the car) or in the grill? I'd LOVE to see some pictures and a REAL report from a Z06 user. So far, I haven't been able to get any info from anyone (including the manufacturer) other that a Stingray user which is (obviously) different.

sd
Old 02-13-2016, 12:18 PM
FirehawkTA
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VictorBarron
Could you please show a Utube Vid of the installation on a 2015 Z06?
Thanks
There are a number of threads on here for the C7 as well as some install videos provided by another forum vendor. Here is a thread specifically for the Z06.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...06-grille.html
Old 03-14-2016, 04:20 PM
PFYC

Introducing the cure for the common curb, the Curb Alert. Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles.

Curbs are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road. In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with).

The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active. The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb.

Features:
- Warns with an audible alarm before striking a curb that could damage your front bumper and/or spoiler.
- Prevents embarrassing parking lot moments and sounds when your bumper or front spoiler hits a curb.
- Sensor can mount in a discrete manner in the front end of most any vehicle and does not require any drilling.
- Advanced infra-red triangulation technology and specialized software embedded for reliable operation.
- Installation kit includes installation procedures, all wiring, wire ties, sensor calibration procedures, and user guide.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, BMW 335i, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates

It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is their lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking).

Old 05-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,566 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by 67*427
Ditto.

Has anyone with a Z06 actually installed this setup and if so, did you mount the sensor behind the air deflector (under the car) or in the grill? I'd LOVE to see some pictures and a REAL report from a Z06 user. So far, I haven't been able to get any info from anyone (including the manufacturer) other that a Stingray user which is (obviously) different.
I mounted mine in the grill to the left of my front license plate. You have to get a little creative with the mount they give you. It's also a little hard to tighten the angle adjustment screw. I suggest they design a grill mount to make this easier.
Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Oakmtnbody
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Mounted mine dead center of the grille on my 2016 and after one test run and one adjustment it was perfect. After you get the height where you want it I suggest you put in a shim below the sensor for extra support. I cut one of the included extra brackets and it was just right to detect a 4 inch high threat at about 20 inches out which gives you time to turn on the forward cameras to finish the landing. So far I love it and no matter what they say there will be a time when you pull in not thinking how close you actually are and it's too late. I drive a Duramax truck as a DD and I can judge it a hell of a lot closer than the long front end on the Z06 .
Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Oakmtnbody
Instructor

And
Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2016, 09:36 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I mounted mine UNDER the chin, though it's not 100% reliable. I wish it was, and it's 100% when it comes to spotting a cardboard box during calibration, just not so much in the field. I don't know if that's the device or user error, but it -usually- sees the curb.

Last edited by davepl; 05-16-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:41 PM
Oakmtnbody
Instructor

I was worried about my driveway Dave since I lowered it on stock bolts and with just me in the car it's fine but iffy with a rider and there was no way it was gonna stay under the chin. This seems to work fine.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:49 PM
PFYC

Wow these are flying off the shelf... Thank you !!!

Please visit www.pfyc.com for all your Corvette needs
Old 05-28-2019, 12:16 PM
PFYC

Features:

Old 02-08-2021, 08:47 AM
PFYC

Order yours today!!
Old 02-09-2021, 04:04 PM
SthngWkdThisWayComes
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 75 Posts

I had one on my CTS V. Worked well provided you keep it from moving. The suggestion of a shim makes good sense.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:35 PM
Spyderdale
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much ?
Old 02-09-2021, 09:35 PM
RaginAsian
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 7 Posts

I have one of these installed in the front meshed into the grill of my Z and it works great. My sensor has not moved and install was easy.

The weakness is the side protection as my sensor is in the front of the nose. Does anybody know if you can hook up multiple sensors like 2 more for the left/right side and get a y splitter and hook it into the control unit?

Thx
Old 02-12-2021, 11:35 AM
bikemiser
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks wireless is the way to go

Get notified of new replies

To Curb Alert Front Bumper Protection System at PFYC

Old 02-21-2021, 02:36 PM
Big Reds Z
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

It works I just installed it yesterday on my 2015 z06 under front splitter , pretty easy

Last edited by Big Reds Z; 02-21-2021 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:42 PM
Big Reds Z
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

www. Brandmotion.com
Old 02-24-2021, 05:29 PM
Big Reds Z
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Default curb alert