Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

ProCharged Chevy Corvette Z06 - 33,600 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Bnelson1980
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 ProCharged Black Z06 -Low Miles, Immaculate

This car is turn-key ready and doesn't need a single thing. It has a lot of very high quality and expensive parts that were professionally installed. Everything was done as clean as possible and no short cuts were taken. If you're looking for a no excuse well built car that is still very reliable and streetable, and looks better than new, than this is your car. It has not been raced or abused...it was built by an older gentleman with deep pockets and it ended up being way too much car for him, so everything is still very new and fresh. I'll update the current mod list as I'm sure I'm missing many of the misc. details. The car has over $20,000 put into the build.

Below are some details. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car across the country.

Details:

- Clean and clear WI title in hand
- West Coast Car
- Clean Carfax & Autocheck report
- No accidents, damage, or other issues
- 31,600 original miles, immaculate condition inside and out
- Mechanically 10/10
- No overheating, overboosting, CEL's, tuning problems or other technical issues of any kind
- Cosmetically 9/10, routinely detailed
- All fluids just changed (engine, blower, trans, rear diff)
- Stock LS6 engine, very reliable at the current power level (589 whp)
- Apprx. 7-8k miles on the current setup
- Tires & brakes have plenty of life remaining

Performance:

- Procharger P-1SC frame upgraded with new belt and D-1SC internals w/ bracket and all supporting modifications.
- BBK 80mm Throttle Body
- RPM Level V transmission
- RPM Stage rear diff w/ 4.10 gears
- McLeod RST twin disk clutch
- Borla longtube headers
- custom H-pipe with cutcouts
- SLP Loudmouth catback

Suspension:

- QA1 Aftermarket Shocks
- WCC lowering bolts
- Hotchkis sway bars

The car made an easy 589 whp and 540 wtq. on a very conservative tune running only 6-7psi and 642 whp and 580 wtq. @ 8-9psi. The car sounds very mean as the exhaust is straight from the headers back, no HFC's or resonators. I'm in no rush to sell as I've been enjoying the car this summer, but would like to find it s new loving home.

Asking $28,000 OBO

I'm open to serious and reasonable offers, cash talks. Serious inquiries only please, no trades or tire kickers. Please understand this car is not for the faint of heart and I won't sell it to someone who doesn't have experience with this kind of power. It drives great but is a real handful when you get into the powerband.
Attached Images                     

Last edited by Bnelson1980; 07-27-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Correct Description
Old 07-16-2016, 08:40 AM
Bnelson1980
Advanced

Anyone interested? Any comments or help as to why this hasn't sold yet. I'm getting offers from Craigslist and other sites but nothing from corvettes forum? I thought it would be the opposite. Is there something wrong here?
Old 07-16-2016, 10:18 AM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

30k can get you an 04 z with 4000 miles. Even though yours is super charged the 30k is going to be a tough sell in my opinion. But that's just one man's opinion.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:21 AM
RichardCranium
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts

Just being honest, first time I read your ad I thought "man, this guy is a dick".

Guess it was because of the "no joy rides" and you stating you won't show the car unless you have proof of funds. I understand the concept you are pushing, but its like a Craigslist ad with Craigslist phrases.....in a non-Craiglist environment. Maybe its just me? Just my take on it.

Either way, very nice build and it looks super clean. Your price is fair for sure, considering the thoroughness of your build. With stock wheels on it, I personally feel your car would be in the range of $26-27k range.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:09 PM
beboggled
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardCranium
Just being honest, first time I read your ad I thought "man, this guy is a dick".

Guess it was because of the "no joy rides" and you stating you won't show the car unless you have proof of funds. I understand the concept you are pushing, but its like a Craigslist ad with Craigslist phrases.....in a non-Craiglist environment. Maybe its just me? Just my take on it.

Either way, very nice build and it looks super clean. Your price is fair for sure, considering the thoroughness of your build. With stock wheels on it, I personally feel your car would be in the range of $26-27k range.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:09 PM
Sirk17
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way at all but supercharged cars are a dime a dozen. There is nothing "unique" about it looks VERY clean and well taken care of with a great parts list especially the trans but I would think 27 is the top of the market.

the comment about an 04 with 4000 miles mean nothing because that's not the buyer you will attract.

Im hoping to get 30 out of my TT car but that's because turbos are made of magic and pixie dust

good luck man id take 27 if its offered
Old 07-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Sirk17
Burning Brakes

PS how do you drive that thing with 4.10s....traction must be non existent.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:35 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Sirk17
Don't take this the wrong way at all but supercharged cars are a dime a dozen. There is nothing "unique" about it looks VERY clean and well taken care of with a great parts list especially the trans but I would think 27 is the top of the market.

the comment about an 04 with 4000 miles mean nothing because that's not the buyer you will attract.
It means nothing to you. What it means to me is what else you can buy for $30k.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Sirk17
Burning Brakes

Stock low mileage 30k and under cars can be had for low/mid $20s. If I were in the market for a S/C car id be talking to this guys about working out a deal. 30k is too high IMO and 25k would be a steal. You couldn't buy said low mileage car and put the mods into it he has for the money you could buy it for.

Some people like stock cars but 30K gets you a whole lotta C5 and by next year a decent c6 z06.

Last edited by Sirk17; 07-18-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:39 AM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,577 Likes on 664 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Beautiful car but the way you wrote the ad comes off arrogant. "No low ball offers, shows funds, etc, etc. That's what I thought when I read it several weeks ago. Selling a car is tough but you have to entice people not insult them.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:55 AM
Bnelson1980
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
30k can get you an 04 z with 4000 miles. Even though yours is super charged the 30k is going to be a tough sell in my opinion. But that's just one man's opinion.
I appreciate you opinion. It's all about what someone wants. If someone wants an all original low mileage triple digit mileage Z, this is not for them. Thanks for the feedback though.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Bnelson1980
Advanced

I'm sorry if i came off as a "dick". By no means did I want to do that. You're right, it's not a craigslist environment, but I have had a couple forum members come look at my car and want to drive it with no money to buy it. I had one guy that wanted me take it to 150MPH too. I've always been a serious buyer of cars. I don't like wasting a sellers time. I respect them and close quickly with all cash when I like what I see. I would just expect a little higher quality people to deal with from the forum. I'm not saying all my experiences were like that. I have had two people in the past week that were serious buyers and it was a pleasure speaking with them. The other 4, not so much.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Bnelson1980
Advanced

Old 07-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Bnelson1980
Advanced

Old 07-19-2016, 11:12 AM
Bnelson1980
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sirk17
PS how do you drive that thing with 4.10s....traction must be non existent.
Strategically
Old 07-19-2016, 01:14 PM
RichardCranium
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Bnelson1980
I'm sorry if i came off as a "dick". By no means did I want to do that. You're right, it's not a craigslist environment, but I have had a couple forum members come look at my car and want to drive it with no money to buy it. I had one guy that wanted me take it to 150MPH too. I've always been a serious buyer of cars. I don't like wasting a sellers time. I respect them and close quickly with all cash when I like what I see. I would just expect a little higher quality people to deal with from the forum. I'm not saying all my experiences were like that. I have had two people in the past week that were serious buyers and it was a pleasure speaking with them. The other 4, not so much.
That does suck. You'd pretty much need to screen the inquiries then, which might be unfair to a potential buyer who wouldn't make any ridiculous requests or waste your time....but it could screen out the tire kickers and dreamers. I would really hope that anyone from the forum who has wasted your time wasn't an established member here. Maybe even not even show the car to anyone without a vouch from a regular member or someone you know (mutually or not). Just a suggestion.

I wish you were closer....
Old 07-20-2016, 10:02 AM
Bnelson1980
Advanced

That does suck. You'd pretty much need to screen the inquiries then, which might be unfair to a potential buyer who wouldn't make any ridiculous requests or waste your time....but it could screen out the tire kickers and dreamers. I would really hope that anyone from the forum who has wasted your time wasn't an established member here. Maybe even not even show the car to anyone without a vouch from a regular member or someone you know (mutually or not). Just a suggestion.

I wish you were closer....
I also think there are a lot of people who just want something for practically nothing. Everyone wants a good deal. If you ask people what a 2002 Z06 with 31,000 miles is going for some say between $23K-$25K. Then when I ask the same question, I get the same answer. Sometimes I think some people are afraid to give an honest answer because they don't want prices going up for when they want to purchase one.

I also look at a lot of other C5 Z06's that are modded and am shocked that they have the factory trans. They spend all this money on a supercharger, turbo's, etc. and then another couple grand on some cosmetic accessories instead of beefing up the trans and doing it right. I know, it all comes down to money. I just think if you are going to do something, do it right. There's an 820+ HP corvette for sale on the forum that runs 20 lbs of boost with factory trans. Scary.

Get notified of new replies

To ProCharged Chevy Corvette Z06 - 33,600 Miles

Old 07-20-2016, 10:11 AM
Sirk17
Burning Brakes

Some people will run to stock trans until it breaks. Plus is youre not hooking big power with some meaty tires the stock trans will last a fair to a very long time.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:49 PM
hontoyo
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump for Brian! Great communication, very easy to work with. He's also willing to face time anyone potentially interested that's far away, so you can get a good visual of the car besides the pics provided. Good luck bud

Steve
Old 07-25-2016, 08:32 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bnelson1980
Anyone interested? Any comments or help as to why this hasn't sold yet. I'm getting offers from Craigslist and other sites but nothing from corvettes forum? I thought it would be the opposite. Is there something wrong here?
I dont think anyone will deny that this looks like a perfect car. Its just too expensive. Im in the market and debating between a C5Z, or a C6. Im open to mods since my plan is to get back in a boosted vette. The unfortunate reality is these mods dont bring hardly any extra money at all. Only way Id pay $30k for your car is if it had a forged motor so I could turn up the power. Even though your car is perfect for what it is, $30k is too much to be limited to stock bottom end hp. Just my personal opinion since you asked. Good luck with the sale brother.

Quick Reply: ProCharged Chevy Corvette Z06 - 33,600 Miles