Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 track package $1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 04:08 PM
VADanno
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C7 track package $1500

I sold my Z51, and won't get a Grand Sport until the spring. I am selling my track package. Wheels and tires will fit any C7 base or Z51. Brakes fit Z51 calipers only. TSW Interlagos wheels in 18x9 front and 18x10.5 rear with Yokohama Advan racing slicks 250/650 front and 280/680 rears (endurance compound) with 8 heat cycles. 4/32" rubber still on tires, which should be good for 3 more weekends. Same exact stagger as OEM rubber, so all stability and traction control settings work perfectly. Wheels are in excellent condition...no chips or scratches...just what you'd expect with 250 miles on them. GM tire pressure sensors are installed, so all pressure and temperatures display on dash. DBA T3 rotors and Carbotech pads (12 front and 10 rear), though you will want a new set of fronts, as the fronts are 50% worn. Rears are only 15% worn, and should be good for several weekends. Rotors are in good condition, and should last through 3 or 4 sets of pads. 50 feet of heat wrap to wrap your exhaust pipes around the transmission, along with 4 clamps to hold in place. Front and rear tow hooks to fit all Z51's produced after November 2015. The only thing left to buy is 2 jugs of Mobil 1 15W-50 from WalMart and a liter of Motul 600 brake fluid. Use the GM track alignment, and swap all the parts: Now your C7 is ready to turn hot laps without tearing up your street parts. Shipping and PayPal fees are additional. I can deliver to COTA or Harris Hill. $1500 firm.
Attached Images         
Old 07-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

If willing to split I would be interested in the pads (well rears) and rotors
Old 07-25-2016, 09:08 AM
VADanno
Instructor

Originally Posted by chets ls3
Let me give it a week before I start splitting things up. It is possible someone will want the wheels for their street car. I was at the Corvette Invasion this weekend, and saw a C7 drive by on black Interlagos. They look good, and 18" tires are cheap compared to 19 & 20's.

Danno
Old 07-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Tjyyzacc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chets ls3
I'm actually interested in the wheels and tires, as well as the wrap, if you are willing to split it up. I see a plan coming together here.

My only concern is that the wheels fit my Z51, as the TSW website doesn't seem to think so. The TSW site recommends 19", but doesn't suggest the 18". If you've been using them without issue, I'll happily take your word for it.

Last edited by Tjyyzacc; 07-28-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:59 PM
VADanno
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tjyyzacc
I'm actually interested in the wheels and tires, as well as the wrap, if you are willing to split it up. I see a plan coming together here.

My only concern is that the wheels fit my Z51, as the TSW website doesn't seem to think so. The TSW site recommends 19", but doesn't suggest the 18". If you've been using them without issue, I'll happily take your word for it.
The 18" wheels fit just fine, clearing the calipers and all the bodywork. The factory brake pads with the vibration weights might be close, but I only used these wheels and tires on the COTA track with the Carbotech pads in place. They do not have the vibration weights that stick up out of the caliper, giving more clearance.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

How much just for the tires and rims if ur willing to sell them without the other things
Old 07-29-2016, 05:24 PM
VADanno
Instructor

Originally Posted by Seannyc
How much just for the tires and rims if ur willing to sell them without the other things
$1200 picked up (or delivered to a local race track, like COTA). If we need to ship, buyer will pay actual cost. I prefer the pickup or track delivery. Schedule a track day at COTA, and come on down to Austin!
Old 07-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by VADanno
$1200 picked up (or delivered to a local race track, like COTA). If we need to ship, buyer will pay actual cost. I prefer the pickup or track delivery. Schedule a track day at COTA, and come on down to Austin!
Are the tires good for 1/4 racing or only track lookin to get them for drag racing
Old 07-29-2016, 05:39 PM
VADanno
Instructor

Originally Posted by Seannyc
Are the tires good for 1/4 racing or only track lookin to get them for drag racing
These are road racing slicks. I expect the sidewalls are too stiff for a good drag racing tire. You would not need all four wheels for drag racing, so you can buy two TSW 18x10.5 rear wheels and add a set of drag radials. That would be cheaper than buying 4 wheels and tires. Good luck!
Old 08-03-2016, 12:54 PM
LT5Vette
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Do front rotors allow any air to enter vanes from back side? Like the stock setup with cooling rings. Any issues with cooling rotors?
Thanks
Old 08-03-2016, 11:26 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

I sold my Z51, and won't get a Grand Sport until the spring. I am selling my track package. Wheels and tires will fit any C7 base or Z51. Brakes fit Z51 calipers only. TSW Interlagos wheels in 18x9 front and 18x10.5 rear with Yokohama Advan racing slicks 250/650 front and 280/680 rears (endurance compound) with 8 heat cycles. 4/32" rubber still on tires, which should be good for 3 more weekends. Same exact stagger as OEM rubber, so all stability and traction control settings work perfectly. Wheels are in excellent condition...no chips or scratches...just what you'd expect with 250 miles on them. GM tire pressure sensors are installed, so all pressure and temperatures display on dash. DBA T3 rotors and Carbotech pads (12 front and 10 rear), though you will want a new set of fronts, as the fronts are 50% worn. Rears are only 15% worn, and should be good for several weekends. Rotors are in good condition, and should last through 3 or 4 sets of pads. 50 feet of heat wrap to wrap your exhaust pipes around the transmission, along with 4 clamps to hold in place. Front and rear tow hooks to fit all Z51's produced after November 2015. The only thing left to buy is 2 jugs of Mobil 1 15W-50 from WalMart and a liter of Motul 600 brake fluid. Use the GM track alignment, and swap all the parts: Now your C7 is ready to turn hot laps without tearing up your street parts. Shipping and PayPal fees are additional. I can deliver to COTA or Harris Hill. $1500 firm.
Do you have any photos when they where on the car? They have a 65mm offset and that would make them stick out 3/4" of an inch more than the rear stock wheels.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:44 AM
VADanno
Instructor

Originally Posted by LT5Vette
Do front rotors allow any air to enter vanes from back side? Like the stock setup with cooling rings. Any issues with cooling rotors?
Thanks
The rotors don't let air in from the backside (which I didn't know until I looked). I have attached a picture. I did not have any issues with the brakes, once I learned where the limits were. I looked at other C7 Z51 rotors while at the track. Based on the wear, DBA uses a higher quality steel than the OEM rotors. I was able to brake at 250m in Turn 12 at COTA lap after lap, turning 2:36 laps. I did some qualifying type laps, using 15-20% less road for all braking points, but this was not repeatable for more than two laps. This is exactly how every other production based race car has reacted to qualifying pace. Folks, don't try this at home! When I was racing professionally, I would alternate qualifying laps with a 95% pace lap in between. This would allow me to find at least a second a lap (sometimes two seconds) without tearing up the equipment.
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2016, 09:10 AM
VADanno
Instructor

Originally Posted by phantom1
Do you have any photos when they where on the car? They have a 65mm offset and that would make them stick out 3/4" of an inch more than the rear stock wheels.
I do not have a picture directly from behind the car, but do have this 3/4 view. The tires and wheels don't stick out from the side of the car. The tires do not hit the bodywork, regardless of body roll or bump travel. I had the height adjusters set on minimum height, and pulled 1.6g's through the Turn 16-18 complex. If there was a clearance problem, it would have manifested itself there.
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2016, 12:59 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

I do not have a picture directly from behind the car, but do have this 3/4 view. The tires and wheels don't stick out from the side of the car. The tires do not hit the bodywork, regardless of body roll or bump travel. I had the height adjusters set on minimum height, and pulled 1.6g's through the Turn 16-18 complex. If there was a clearance problem, it would have manifested itself there.
Thanks, the rear looks close, the front looks good. I would really like to see photos from behind before I buy them. I'll google and see what I find.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:37 AM
Matthew McCarthy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PM Sent, I'm buying everything except the tow hooks. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
VADanno (08-06-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:43 AM
VADanno
Instructor

Everything but the tow hooks has been sold to Matt, so he can hook up all the power from his twin turbo C7 during hill climbs and track days. Have fun, Matt!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 track package $1500

Quick Reply: C7 track package $1500