C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GS Creations Tail light black out kit help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 09:42 PM
DJJimGreen
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GS Creations Tail light black out kit help!

Hey there!

I recently purchased a set of the C7 blackout tail light covers and it seems this install isn't going as easy as it would seem. The install video shows the tail lights off the car, and I don't know if that makes any difference, but it doesn't feel like the covers are lining up with the tail light.

I put it in top first, but it seems like it's not lining up on the sides of the bottom.

When I'm sitting by the bumper installing, it looks like theres a few centimeters of gap between the top of the tail light and where the acrylic cover ends. Is that normal? It's not looking flush.

Do I remove the tail light grill and install, then replace the grill on top? That might make a little more sense.

Anyways, please help! What was supposed to be a quick install turned south, probably due to my knack for perfection.

Pics for reference:

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by DJJimGreen; 07-25-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Hmm, it looks like it's sticking out a little far in your second pic. Mine aren't a flush fit either, you can't tell from the back unless you're right on top of it, so I don't let it bother me. Yours sticks out a little more than mine:

You could always email them with a pic and see if they'll send you a replacement. I dunno, I've only dealt with them once because they sent two right hand sets to me initially and I didn't get the warm and fuzzies from their customer service. It's worth a shot though. Good luck!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:58 AM
DJJimGreen
Advanced

I ended up installing and it doesn't look TOO bad, although it does stick out a little bit like you mentioned. :\
Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 PM
pkadams
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
I ended up installing and it doesn't look TOO bad, although it does stick out a little bit like you mentioned. :\
Thank You for posting the picture of your install.

I have been struggling with the price tag on these for some time.

It sure seems like, for the price, they could work with you on getting things lined up a little better?

Have you sent them the pictures?
Old 07-27-2016, 12:20 AM
DJJimGreen
Advanced

Originally Posted by pkadams
Thank You for posting the picture of your install.

I have been struggling with the price tag on these for some time.

It sure seems like, for the price, they could work with you on getting things lined up a little better?

Have you sent them the pictures?
Yea. They were helpful and quick to reply. However, after this post I ended up just growing some ***** and really pushing the lights up and in. They are a lot better fit, although it does stick out a smidge. I still think it was worth the cash. They look great.

Get notified of new replies

To GS Creations Tail light black out kit help!

Quick Reply: GS Creations Tail light black out kit help!