Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:03 PM
NorthAlbanyVetteman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Forum

Hi Everyone, I am new to this Forum and new to Corvette ownership. I am 64, live in North Albany, Oregon, am a Navy veteran and have never had a performance car; always too practical. But I am loving this Vette. I am most fortunate that my father-in-law just gave my wife and me his 2002 C5 LS1 in Pewter. This car is in amazing condition for 120K miles. My FIL kept this car in his garage for the past six-plus years and drove it maybe 2K miles. I took it over about two weeks ago and have already had several major areas of work done (deferred maintenance). All fluids changed, tuneup and some minor repairs. Not a single ding on this car and the only interior flaw is the seam starting to come apart on the driver's seat near the door and down by the backrest. I suspect this is a common problem. The seat cushion also needs to be "built-up" again and its plastic housing next to the door has pushed out. I think this is also a common problem. Does anyone here know the best way to fix this besides "wiring" the plastic sides together from under the seat? Also, the driver's side window would not roll down, so I checked the forum and it is very common for the window motor to "freeze" if not used for long periods of time. Such was the case with this. I removed the door panel, found the motor, lightly tapped it with a hammer, and voila', it started working again. Ran it up and down about 50 times to get rid of any moisture, etc. Anyway, it's great to know that there is such a robust forum here!
Old 07-28-2016, 08:37 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I think you know this already, but for the most informed answers about your car go here........
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/
Old 07-28-2016, 11:47 PM
StingU2
Safety Car

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Welcome to CF ... Thank You for Your Service!
Old 07-29-2016, 01:17 PM
jehuds10
Race Director

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. There are a lot of us retired military here.

Get notified of new replies

To New to the Forum

Quick Reply: New to the Forum