C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking For Previous Owner 2014 Z51 NJ

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 05:26 PM
rjkc5y2k
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Looking For Previous Owner 2014 Z51 NJ

I am looking a 2014 Corvette Coupe Z51, black exterior, black interior. The car is at Jaguar dealer. The dealer purchased it on Auto Trader from the original owner. If you are a member of the Corvette Forum could you please respond. I have a couple of questions regarding the car that the dealer cannot comment on. The location is in south Jersey. I am very interested in the car. You can contact me at robert.kingston@verizon.net.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:49 AM
67435animal
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by rjkc5y2k
I am looking a 2014 Corvette Coupe Z51, black exterior, black interior. The car is at Jaguar dealer. The dealer purchased it on Auto Trader from the original owner. If you are a member of the Corvette Forum could you please respond. I have a couple of questions regarding the car that the dealer cannot comment on. The location is in south Jersey. I am very interested in the car. You can contact me at robert.kingston@verizon.net.
Why can the dealer not give you contact information for the previous owner?
Old 07-29-2016, 02:43 PM
blynch67
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 67435animal
Why can the dealer not give you contact information for the previous owner?
I'm guessing because if they did tell who the previous owner was, they would end up giving away how much they got the car for.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:51 PM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

At least get the VIN and check that. Carfax has good info on most. And no, they probably would rather you not contact the previous owner. Kind of a privacy issue there. Not sure I would want them giving out my name on cars I trade.

Either way, oh man, you will love the car. Faster than I anticipated.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:18 PM
rjkc5y2k
Racer

Default Previous Owner

Appreciate all the feed back but bottom line everything everyone has mentioned is all good feedback. That's why I was hoping if the previous owner was a corvette forum user that I might be able to track him down this way.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:58 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Even if you contact the prior owner, it doesn't guaranteed you'll get the answers your search for. Try Carfax
Old 08-01-2016, 07:58 PM
rjkc5y2k
Racer

Originally Posted by phantom1
Even if you contact the prior owner, it doesn't guaranteed you'll get the answers your search for. Try Carfax
I have the Car Fax. It doesn't have the info I want. There are what appears to Z06 style front splitter and side skirts. The front splitter has scratch marks on the front. Wonder how they got there. The shifter feels real different from my C5 Z06 to the point that I am wondering if it had been replaced. this is the only C7 I've driven. Maybe I'll have to find another one to make a comparison. Thanks for the help
Old 08-01-2016, 09:43 PM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

The front camera option is a great idea to prevent scratching the splitter. Happens when you park and hit the concrete thing with it. I did in before in my last car. Always better to back in especially if you don't have the front cameras.

Last edited by vbdenny; 08-01-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:45 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

I have the Car Fax. It doesn't have the info I want. There are what appears to Z06 style front splitter and side skirts. The front splitter has scratch marks on the front. Wonder how they got there. The shifter feels real different from my C5 Z06 to the point that I am wondering if it had been replaced. this is the only C7 I've driven. Maybe I'll have to find another one to make a comparison. Thanks for the help
Can you describe shifter feels real different? That could be a good thing.
My C7 shifter feels different than my C6 but not much. The C7 seems a little tighter and more firm. They both snap right in gear with no issues.

Last edited by phantom1; 08-01-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking For Previous Owner 2014 Z51 NJ

Quick Reply: Looking For Previous Owner 2014 Z51 NJ