C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 04:36 AM
Young Wan
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Issues

I have a 2010 c6 base corvette with 61,000 miles on it runs great haven't had any engine problems until earlier today. I go to start my car up it doesn't respond only gives me a click. Me and my neighbor go thru troubleshooting the battery no conclusion. Then later on I mess with the battery and I get the engine to jump with being in the car then once I get in and turn the car on it starts up. A big knocking noise is coming out the the engine bay this is a ls3 engine btw. So I go to rev it up the knocking sounds stops now it's back even louder than before its nerve wrecking to hear it's so loud. Taking it to the shop first thing tomorrow morn hopefully everything is okay. My guess is the battery somehow made the engine misfire & knock for some odd reason.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Timothy Barth
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Wan
I have a 2010 c6 base corvette with 61,000 miles on it runs great haven't had any engine problems until earlier today. I go to start my car up it doesn't respond only gives me a click. Me and my neighbor go thru troubleshooting the battery no conclusion. Then later on I mess with the battery and I get the engine to jump with being in the car then once I get in and turn the car on it starts up. A big knocking noise is coming out the the engine bay this is a ls3 engine btw. So I go to rev it up the knocking sounds stops now it's back even louder than before its nerve wrecking to hear it's so loud. Taking it to the shop first thing tomorrow morn hopefully everything is okay. My guess is the battery somehow made the engine misfire & knock for some odd reason.
Good luck. I hope your problems are figured out.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 PM
cartop2
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Any success getting the issue diagnosed?

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Issues

Quick Reply: Battery Issues