Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 Friendly Dealer(for service) St pete/Pinellas Cty

Old 08-27-2016, 08:56 AM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default ZR1 Friendly Dealer(for service) St pete/Pinellas Cty

Well I haven't had a car for almost a year now and have decided its been to long. I was wondering if anyone could recommend which dealer may have service writers/tech(s) that love Corvettes(especially Zr1's) that I may want to build a relationship with. I plan to keep the car mechanically stock but will track it.

Recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:42 AM
nismonian
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Just dropped my ZR1 off at dimmit chevrolet in Clearwater on US19.. took my Z06 for service there aswell when i had it, always satisfied with their service.

speak with George (service advisor) and tell him Moe sent you.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:17 PM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by nismonian
Just dropped my ZR1 off at dimmit chevrolet in Clearwater on US19.. took my Z06 for service there aswell when i had it, always satisfied with their service.

speak with George (service advisor) and tell him Moe sent you.
This is good info and they figured to be fairly high on my list as I bought one of my z06's from them but never used their service department. Thanks

Anyone else got a contact?

Last edited by topmover; 08-27-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:49 PM
BrandonLS9
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DO NOT trust dimmit in Clearwater. I bought a ZR1 from them that had aftermarket parts. They flashed the computer back to the stock files and threw the car all out of wack. I had taken it to them 3 times due to the car throwing numerous codes and they kept it for a total of two months working on it, saying that they were "waiting on parts from lingenfelter" when they had not been waiting on anything from them. They did a really crappy job. They zip tied a wiring harness and all the wires for the O2 sensors right on top of the headers and exhaust, causing the wires to melt. They kept telling me that the car was having issues because of "the way we were driving it" and they were being very rude to us. They were on the edge of grenading my motor until I took it to Joe at Powertech Performance. Joe did a great job putting everything back together properly and I gained over 50hp when it was tuned the right way. I haven't had one problem since then. Don't take it to a dealer here, if you want to get it done right and not have to worry about it again, take it to someone who is trustworthy.

Powertech Performance is not far from you if you are in St Pete.

An example of Dimmit's work:

Last edited by BrandonLS9; 08-29-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:29 PM
nismonian
Instructor

My Z06 was stock and only done maintenance there, and just had them put on a tire and do an alignment on my zr1. No issues but that scares me...
Old 08-29-2016, 06:51 PM
BrandonLS9
Advanced

My Z06 was stock and only done maintenance there, and just had them put on a tire and do an alignment on my zr1. No issues but that scares me...
I will never buy or go back to their service department. The whole situation was so sketchy and it was such a stressful process. I just cant believe they are in still in buisiness. They have treated us so poorly.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:03 PM
nismonian
Instructor

No doubt, Joe at powertech is for sure gonna see me for the more technical stuff from now on.

btw, i think i seen you on instagram (i got the supersonic blue zr1)
Old 08-29-2016, 07:08 PM
BrandonLS9
Advanced

No doubt, Joe at powertech is for sure gonna see me for the more technical stuff from now on.

btw, i think i seen you on instagram (i got the supersonic blue zr1)
He's a great guy. He doesnt bs anyone. I am going to be taking the car there in the next week or so to have some new power adders installed.

and yup probably! I am pretty active on instagram.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:14 PM
flight23
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Stingray Chevrolet On I-4 in Plant City. Their service department is super professional and talented. Not to mention they always have ZR1s for sale.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:51 AM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry for the late come back.............been on the road driving my new to me 2013 ZR home.

Glad to get the input on your experience and while your experience is why I want to go back to a bone stock car there is no excuse for you being treated that way.

I actually stopped into Power Tech two weeks ago and the desk guy said they don't like working on cars that are going to be tracked..........lead me to believe they only like to do cams, headers etc. not track stuff. I didn't want to take his word for it so I left a message the next day for Joe the owner.............I haven't heard from him yet.

I figured Stingray might be a good option but I think the only traffic in the country as bad as DC is Tampa to Orlando, its awful!!!
Old 08-31-2016, 11:25 AM
VTC_ZR1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by topmover
I figured Stingray might be a good option but I think the only traffic in the country as bad as DC is Tampa to Orlando, its awful!!!

Clearly you've never been to Miami..
Old 08-31-2016, 06:40 PM
nismonian
Instructor

Congrats on the car topmover!

hmm, thats interesting to hear. are you doing road course or drag?
Old 09-01-2016, 01:32 AM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

road course

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Friendly Dealer(for service) St pete/Pinellas Cty

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 Friendly Dealer(for service) St pete/Pinellas Cty