Sponsored by:

Just back from Carlisle and what a good time

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 02:34 PM
RipcordZ51
Pro

Received 160 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Just back from Carlisle and what a good time

Fantastic weather and thousands of vettes! Great trip there and back. In preparation of going there had a bit of work done to the car starting with a set of full stripes and followed up with XPEL on the front, hood and fenders. Also snagged a set of side mirrors from Showstoppers in the carbon flash I've been looking for. While at the show got talked into adding mid-length headers and had them installed right there. Must say I'm glad I did.
As the trip was about 400 miles one way, I decided to book a complete exterior detail at a local shop in Mechanicsburg where my hotel is located. Started off on day one of the show with an incredibly super clean car that turned heads. I'd recommend setting that detailing up for anyone traveling a long distance to the show. Have added a few pics for your enjoyment. A shout out to all the local folk who helped me out ... hope that's allowed!
Natick, MA - Jeff Orlinsky, Wheel Dynamix, 20 years of experience with XPEL installs, not to mention wheels and tires (Got my Ray's through him)
Mechanicsburg, PA - Todd at Shiners Auto. Full detail including paint prep, polish and seal. Personable and very professional!
Attached Images     
Old 08-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Z06NJ
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 205 Posts

Freaking awesome man!!! Very nice pics.
The following users liked this post:
RipcordZ51 (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 03:39 PM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by RipcordZ51
Fantastic weather and thousands of vettes! Great trip there and back. In preparation of going there had a bit of work done to the car starting with a set of full stripes and followed up with XPEL on the front, hood and fenders. Also snagged a set of side mirrors from Showstoppers in the carbon flash I've been looking for. While at the show got talked into adding mid-length headers and had them installed right there. Must say I'm glad I did.
As the trip was about 400 miles one way, I decided to book a complete exterior detail at a local shop in Mechanicsburg where my hotel is located. Started off on day one of the show with an incredibly super clean car that turned heads. I'd recommend setting that detailing up for anyone traveling a long distance to the show. Have added a few pics for your enjoyment. A shout out to all the local folk who helped me out ... hope that's allowed!
Natick, MA - Jeff Orlinsky, Wheel Dynamix, 20 years of experience with XPEL installs, not to mention wheels and tires (Got my Ray's through him)
Mechanicsburg, PA - Todd at Shiners Auto. Full detail including paint prep, polish and seal. Personable and very professional!

Stunning! Small world, Jeff Orlinski is a good friend. His work is top shelf. Here is my 2016 Stingray Z51, Twilight Blue Design Pkg.
Attached Images   
RipcordZ51 (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 04:13 PM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

Were the Z07 parts hard to put on?
Old 08-30-2016, 05:28 PM
RipcordZ51
Pro

Originally Posted by capecodvette
Stunning! Small world, Jeff Orlinski is a good friend. His work is top shelf. Here is my 2016 Stingray Z51, Twilight Blue Design Pkg.
Yes, a super nice guy who takes a lot of pride in his work. Would not hesitate to recommend. Great ride you have there!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:38 PM
RipcordZ51
Pro

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp
Were the Z07 parts hard to put on?
Well, not really .... just had to crack open my wallet, lol! Really not a job I wanted to tackle - I'm prone to breaking things off so I took my car to a place that works on hi-end cars as I felt they would know how to do it. If you are handy and have the tools of which not many are needed, there is probably nothing you could not do. Plenty of posts to help you out on this forum. For the rear spoiler the whole back end of the car has to come off. Grill requires the front nose to come off. Rear vents require the quarter panels off (although many have done it without doing that). Side skirts and front spoiler go right on although ramps would be handy. My side skirts were taped and riveted and the front used existing screw holes. At the same time I had the d-cut wheel installed. I did actually do something myself and that was to replace the shifter with a MGW which I love. Took me pulling apart the console 3 times before I got it right - see why I didn't tackle the other stuff!
So, now I have a 2014 Z51 with a bunch of Z06 parts and I don't care - I love it And I don't mean to brag, but at Carlisle, I lost count of the folk who came by looking at it and taking pictures of it - it was quite a hit.
ssidekickbp (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 08:44 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 109 Posts

Was it me or did you think there were less cars/people there this year ?
Old 08-30-2016, 08:56 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 866 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan0324
The downtown parade was larger with 500+ cars. The fairgrounds on Fri & Sat seemed less crowded than previous years to me.

OP, the car looks AWESOME!

Last edited by Scruff Vette; 08-30-2016 at 08:58 PM.
RipcordZ51 (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 08:56 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Looks great!
RipcordZ51 (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 09:01 PM
mikemal565
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Spoiler

Who makes that wickerbill spoiler you got put on??...looks nice and doesn't appear to fall over the edges like the z06 one??

Last edited by mikemal565; 08-30-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 PM
RipcordZ51
Pro

Originally Posted by Stan0324
Well I have only my first visit to Carlisle to compare to and that was last year. I arrived Wednesday and there were very few people. Thursday was also quiet but Friday and Saturday really picked up. Still, I think there were fewer attendees this year than last. I also stayed through all the presentations on Sunday by which time attendees and vendors were packing up and leaving. I have a very sad picture of my car in the hotel lot Sunday afternoon ... here it is
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2016, 10:10 PM
RipcordZ51
Pro

Originally Posted by mikemal565
Who makes that wickerbill spoiler you got put on??...looks nice and doesn't appear to fall over the edges like the z06 one??
Forum vendor Apsis. Nice work and all parts fit without modification!

Get notified of new replies

To Just back from Carlisle and what a good time

Quick Reply: Just back from Carlisle and what a good time