Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Faded Carpet from Willcox

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 08:59 PM
66softtop
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Faded Carpet from Willcox

Thread Moved to Vender Feedback.

Last edited by 66softtop; 09-09-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:18 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

It appears this member was trying to delete all the posts in this thread and start another thread with more complete information. That second thread has been removed as only one active thread on a transaction is allowed in this section.

This member will be allowed to post a new thread with all his information about the transaction, and then this one will be deleted entirely. Or, he can re-edit this open thread.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-10-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:57 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Peeps.. I'm posting this here because I want everyone to know my response to Mikes threats and repeated key board warrior-ing. This is not the first time Mike has flamed us and I doubt it will be the last... but at some point you have to draw a line and say enough is enough.

I was on vacation when this issue was first presented to me... and while I was willing to contact the manufacturers of the products at hand, Mike felt compelled to flame me in my sale thread, he felt compelled to bump a three year old thread and then started his his "transaction detail thread"... All in hopes of badgering me to resolve... I'm sorry it doesn't work that way.

I've worked too hard helping forum members with issues, problems and technical assistance not to mention the awesome sale threads we post weekly to be badgered and key board warriored into resolution. What is sad is that I was willing to contact the manufacturers once I returned home but before I could do so the badgering had begun.... Here is my reply to Mikes repeated emails verbatim.

Hi Mike-

Tommy sent me a message and I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you. I suppose the anger I felt when you decided to post up on my sale thread combined with your posting of a three year old carpet thread and then starting your old "Transaction detail thread" in a attempt to badger me into resolution out weighed my desire to help you. I'm going to post a copy of this in your Transaction Detail thread tonight as well so there is no misconception... I may add to it a bit too...

Yes, I was going to lobby the vendors to see if I would do something for you since the warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase my hands are now tied. ACC clearly states the warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase and Corvette America made the door pull handles and the seat backs and their warranty to us is the same, 1 year.

Since you felt compelled to flame me again in my sale thread, and then in a three year old carpet thread, and again by starting a new thread.... I just kind of lost interest and will stand by my original warranty.. 1 year from the date or purchase. If you wish to pursue an extension of warranty you'll need to lobby the manufactures themselves, on your own now. Your keyboard warrior mentality has backfired on you.

It's sad Mike, I was willing to help you but your decision to badger me and use the forum as a tool for leverage failed miserably! I'll not be strong armed or leveraged into making decisions that I feel are unwarranted. May I make this suggestion... stand in your living room tonight and take a look around everything you see.. Then tell me how many items you see in your living room carried a warranty longer than 1 year, let alone 2.5... I'll bet you see nothing unless you purchased an extended warranty.

But.. the irony to all of this is your persistent badgering and flaming and this is why I've decided that to just walk away. It can't get any worse that's for sure and my desire to help you went dead south when you posted thread on the faded carpet and bumped another 3 year old thread flaming me once again. I don't make these parts.. ACC makes them so flame them not me... Flame CA not me... but your attitude is to flame me then seek resolve.. it doesn't work that way. Had you taken the high road maybe the end result would have been different... but my give a hoot went south by your actions.

Remember Mike, I'm one of the few vendors that will go the extra mile to help someone when treated with respect... I'll not be subdued by threats, flames or keyboard warrioring...

So flame away my friend, I'll be watching.

Regards,

Ernie

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 09-23-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:27 AM
66softtop
Racer

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
Peeps.. I'm posting this here because I want everyone to know my response to Mikes threats and repeated key board warrior-ing. This is not the first time Mike has flamed us and I doubt it will be the last... but at some point you have to draw a line and say enough is enough.

I was on vacation when this issue was first presented to me... and while I was willing to contact the manufacturers of the products at hand, Mike felt compelled to flame me in my sale thread, he felt compelled to bump a three year old thread and then started his his "transaction detail thread"... All in hopes of badgering me to resolve... I'm sorry it doesn't work that way.

I've worked too hard helping forum members with issues, problems and technical assistance not to mention the awesome sale threads we post weekly to be badgered and key board warriored into resolution. What is sad is that I was willing to contact the manufacturers once I returned home but before I could do so the badgering had begun.... Here is my reply to Mikes repeated emails verbatim.

Hi Mike-

Tommy sent me a message and I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you. I suppose the anger I felt when you decided to post up on my sale thread combined with your posting of a three year old carpet thread and then starting your old "Transaction detail thread" in a attempt to badger me into resolution out weighed my desire to help you. I'm going to post a copy of this in your Transaction Detail thread tonight as well so there is no misconception... I may add to it a bit too...

Yes, I was going to lobby the vendors to see if I would do something for you since the warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase my hands are now tied. ACC clearly states the warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase and Corvette America made the door pull handles and the seat backs and their warranty to us is the same, 1 year.

Since you felt compelled to flame me again in my sale thread, and then in a three year old carpet thread, and again by starting a new thread.... I just kind of lost interest and will stand by my original warranty.. 1 year from the date or purchase. If you wish to pursue an extension of warranty you'll need to lobby the manufactures themselves, on your own now. Your keyboard warrior mentality has backfired on you.

It's sad Mike, I was willing to help you but your decision to badger me and use the forum as a tool for leverage failed miserably! I'll not be strong armed or leveraged into making decisions that I feel are unwarranted. May I make this suggestion... stand in your living room tonight and take a look around everything you see.. Then tell me how many items you see in your living room carried a warranty longer than 1 year, let alone 2.5... I'll bet you see nothing unless you purchased an extended warranty.

But.. the irony to all of this is your persistent badgering and flaming and this is why I've decided that to just walk away. It can't get any worse that's for sure and my desire to help you went dead south when you posted thread on the faded carpet and bumped another 3 year old thread flaming me once again. I don't make these parts.. ACC makes them so flame them not me... Flame CA not me... but your attitude is to flame me then seek resolve.. it doesn't work that way. Had you taken the high road maybe the end result would have been different... but my give a hoot went south by your actions.

Remember Mike, I'm one of the few vendors that will go the extra mile to help someone when treated with respect... I'll not be subdued by threats, flames or keyboard warrioring...

So flame away my friend, I'll be watching.

Regards,

Ernie
Who is "Flaming" who here?

It will be interesting to see how the powers up in the Corvette Forum deals with the Willcox rant. I was suspended for far less. Anyone interested in the actual email threads let me know.

Last edited by 66softtop; 09-24-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:32 PM
66softtop
Racer

[QUOTE=66softtop;1593121640]Who is "Flaming" who here?

It will be interesting to see how the powers up in the Corvette Forum deals with the Willcox rant. I was suspended for far less.

Here is the actual correspondence from me to Willcox. Never name calling or anything derogatory. Just asking for assistance and not receiving any.
========================================
To Willcox Service Department Aug 23 at 10:27 PM

Need to give you a heads up on an issue I am having on some chrome items I purchased from you in 2014. I placed an order for about $2,400 for Orders #19517, 19518 and 19528. The chrome trim around the new seat back on the passenger side is rusting and pitting. The hockey sticks on the same seat is also rusting and pitting. This car is garaged when not driven and has only 100 miles on it since the installation of the new parts. The seat covers, backs and hockey sticks were installed by a professional upholstery shop. I will send pictures tomorrow. Hopefully we can work out a replacement.
Mike Smith
========================================
To Willcox Service Department Aug 24 at 3:09 PM
Here are the pictures. Seems both door pulls are pitting, the pass side hockey stick is pitting/rust, and the pass side trim around the cover is pitting and rusting. Hope we can work out replacements.

Thanks. Mike
======================================== ====
Old 09-06-2016, 07:08 PM #7
66softtop

Hey Ernie. Love all of these great sales but I am still waiting about some pitted and rusted products I bought from Willcox 2 years ago cost about $3,000. Now I have found a large pale yellow spot on my driver side carpet. This car is kept in a garage and covered when not driven. And only 100 miles since restore. I contacted ACC and they said this should not happen and to contact you guys. I sent you an email on Aug 24 with pictures of the pitting and rust. Have not heard from anyone yet. Appreciate a reply. Mike
Old 09-07-2016, 10:25 AM #19
66softtop

I bought ACC carpet from Willcox two years ago for my 1966 Corvette. Had to do a lot of trimming and adjusting fit. But ended up looking nice. Have only driven the car 100 miles since and it is garaged and covered otherwise. A few days ago I took out the clear plastic bow tie floor mat on the driver side and found a large pale yellow faded area. I contacted ACC and they told me this should not have happened but since the warranty was only for a year they could not do anything about it and to contact Willcox. Been waiting on Willcox to reply. I am not impressed with Willcox!!!
To Service@Willcoxcorvette.com Sep 20 at 7:10 PM
Earnie,
You replied to me on Sept 8th that you were out until the 15th and would get right on this problem. Would appreciate your reply and assistance.
Mike
=====================================
Finally called Willcox on Sept 23 and Ernie was out. But was told this should not have gone on this long and he would contact Ernie. Then I receive an email containing his BLAST and refusal to assist me. I'm dumbfounded.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:10 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Mike-

Don't act like you don't get it... This has nothing to do with your emails, I can just delete them if I choose.

Today after seeing your post, I played back the conversation you had with Tommy.. and funny there was not one word saying anything about "this should not have gone on this long".. Not one sentence said this, that is complete bunk!

You think I'm a fool.. I'll tell you this.. every conversation is recorded and every package that is shipped is now video taped. We do this so that we can protect ourselves and it's pitiful that in this day and age it has to come to this... so don't make things up Mike.

Tommy told you he would try to contact me and that is exactly what he did... and he also told you the warranty was one year from the date of purchase... After I got Tommy's message that's when I drafted my response to you.

So.. what does this have to deal with.. I'll tell you:

A) You blasting me on a three year old carpet thread!
B) Posting that "you had a problem" in my sale thread and that you had an issue...
C) Starting this thread on 09-05... TWICE.... (I guess one time wasn't enough for you)

You just couldn't wait to be a keyboard warrior and guess what, it didn't work. To me, it's just shy of extortion and don't play the naive little poster role.

In my sale thread I clearly posted to you that the items had a one year warranty and that I would check into it...
I wasn't aware that you had already called ACC and they told you the exact same, and I wasn't aware the order was 2.5 years old... But you knowing the ACC warranty, why even contact me when they tell you point blank the warranty is one year... (My warranty is based on theirs).

Oh wait... I know why.... that wasn’t the answer you wanted and so then you bumped the old carpet thread and posted in my sale thread.. Like I stated above, look around and tell me what items you have in your possession that carries a 2.5 year warranty... Nothing. Now tell me, who in their right mind thinks items should be warrantied 2.5 years and goes to this trouble to cause issues... I'll tell you.. no one!

The sad part is that I don't make these parts... Why not start a thread flaming the manufacturers, ACC & CA... If this was something I made then maybe I'd understand..

The other sad part is that I was willing to contact the manufacturers anyway... and see if they would be willing to do something for you as I stated in my post to you!
But, my give a hoot went south when you bumped the three year old carpet thread and then posted in my sale thread, you knew the answer before you posted.

Don't play this like Mr. Innocent Mike, you know you intentions and I'm not an idiot.. we'll maybe I am the idiot, but I'm the idiot that's had enough of your extortion.

I’ll not debate this any longer, this will be my last post in this stupid thread.

Ernie

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 09-24-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:08 PM
66softtop
Racer

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
Mike-

Don't act like you don't get it... This has nothing to do with your emails, I can just delete them if I choose.

Today after seeing your post, I played back the conversation you had with Tommy.. and funny there was not one word saying anything about "this should not have gone on this long".. Not one sentence said this, that is complete bunk!

You think I'm a fool.. I'll tell you this.. every conversation is recorded and every package that is shipped is now video taped. We do this so that we can protect ourselves and it's pitiful that in this day and age it has to come to this... so don't make things up Mike.

Tommy told you he would try to contact me and that is exactly what he did... and he also told you the warranty was one year from the date of purchase... After I got Tommy's message that's when I drafted my response to you.

So.. what does this have to deal with.. I'll tell you:

A) You blasting me on a three year old carpet thread!
B) Posting that "you had a problem" in my sale thread and that you had an issue...
C) Starting this thread on 09-05... TWICE.... (I guess one time wasn't enough for you)

You just couldn't wait to be a keyboard warrior and guess what, it didn't work. To me, it's just shy of extortion and don't play the naive little poster role.

In my sale thread I clearly posted to you that the items had a one year warranty and that I would check into it...
I wasn't aware that you had already called ACC and they told you the exact same, and I wasn't aware the order was 2.5 years old... But you knowing the ACC warranty, why even contact me when they tell you point blank the warranty is one year... (My warranty is based on theirs).

Oh wait... I know why.... that wasn’t the answer you wanted and so then you bumped the old carpet thread and posted in my sale thread.. Like I stated above, look around and tell me what items you have in your possession that carries a 2.5 year warranty... Nothing. Now tell me, who in their right mind thinks items should be warrantied 2.5 years and goes to this trouble to cause issues... I'll tell you.. no one!

The sad part is that I don't make these parts... Why not start a thread flaming the manufacturers, ACC & CA... If this was something I made then maybe I'd understand..

The other sad part is that I was willing to contact the manufacturers anyway... and see if they would be willing to do something for you as I stated in my post to you!
But, my give a hoot went south when you bumped the three year old carpet thread and then posted in my sale thread, you knew the answer before you posted.

Don't play this like Mr. Innocent Mike, you know you intentions and I'm not an idiot.. we'll maybe I am the idiot, but I'm the idiot that's had enough of your extortion.

I’ll not debate this any longer, this will be my last post in this stupid thread.

Ernie
Get a life Ernie!
Old 09-24-2016, 08:33 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

OK, we are done here.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:45 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Originally Posted by 66softtop
Who is "Flaming" who here?

It will be interesting to see how the powers up in the Corvette Forum deals with the Willcox rant. I was suspended for far less. Anyone interested in the actual email threads let me know.
It is not true that you "were suspended for far less."

You received a warning, not a suspension, for harassing the vendor within his sales thread.

You were given a one day suspension, after continued rants on the topic, for starting a second thread in the Transactions Feedback section. However, that was recinded quickly when I realized you had deleted all the posts in the first thread, for no apparent reason.

However, for airing out your issues regarding forum administration publically, it's worth another warning for breaking yet another rule:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

If you have a question about moderation, ask it by PM rather than airing it out in a public thread and misrepresent actions by administrators.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-24-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Faded Carpet from Willcox

Quick Reply: Faded Carpet from Willcox