C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

My 2017 Z06 was delivered last night - Couple questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 04:45 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Default My 2017 Z06 was delivered last night - Couple questions.

My 2017 1LZ M7 Z06 arrived in Tulsa last night. VIN shows it to be #00296. My TPW was week of 10/3. Car arrived at dealer 10/4. I think they bumped up the build date as it's a trade allowance car due to problems I've had with my 2015 that it's replacing. Couple questions:

1. No splitter came with the car. Are these shipped via FedEx or UPS or ???

2. The standard 3/4 length side skirts did not come with the car. Same question as above. I'm not going to use them as I'm putting the ACS side skirts from my 2015 on but still want them.

I was surprised with the following:

1. It came with rotor protectors to be used when installing wheels. I thought they only came with Z07 cars. My 2015 didn't come with them.

2. It came with a nice set of front brake cooling ducts to put the air right on the rotor. Came in a large plastic bag and each side has 3 or 4 pieces. Dealer said GM won't allow them to install as they're for track only. No biggie as I'm just thrilled they came with the car. I wasn't expecting these as they didn't come with my 2015 and I haven't read any discussion about cooling ducts coming with the car.

3. I ordered the 1LZ red seats. I wanted to order red stitching but that wasn't an offered option with the 1LZ. Car came with red stitching!

4. I wanted red auto blip paddles but I don't think this was an available option on the 1LZ. It came with red paddles!

5. It came with the nice colored hood liner with the large Corvette logo AND colored Z06 logo over the Corvette logo. My 2015 came with just the grey/black liner and I believe Corvette logo. It though the nicer colored liner was an option? I didn't order it.

It does have the auxillary radiator and the redesigned supercharger system.

Hoping someone can shed some light on the 2 questions asked above in RED.

Last edited by rikhek; 10-05-2016 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 10-05-2016, 04:52 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

More pictures of the changes please. Nice car.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:58 PM
pelotonracer2
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Beautiful Z06! Mine is supposed to get built tomorrow, same exact combo except black interior and convertible. The splitter and rocker panels will be shipped to you.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:00 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Originally Posted by lrobe22
More pictures of the changes please. Nice car.
I can't take any pictures at the moment as I'm at work and car is at dealer. They can't sell to me until trade allowance is finalized with GM. They offered $7,700 back in late July when I ordered it but my dealer is trying to get me more as I had to wait so long for the new car.

What pictures do you want? Several have posted pics of the new supercharge cover and manifold and the auxillary radiator. I'll take them just let me know what you want.

Rick
Old 10-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

I believe that they are either shipped separately, or in a box inside the car.

They just bolt on and installing them at the dealer prevents issues during the transport.

This is the same for Grand Sports also.

There was another post where the dealer forgot to install them and then found a box labeled with the VIN.

You dealer should know how to locate them.

Congrats.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Bullet Tooth
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
I can't take any pictures at the moment as I'm at work and car is at dealer. They can't sell to me until trade allowance is finalized with GM. They offered $7,700 back in late July when I ordered it but my dealer is trying to get me more as I had to wait so long for the new car.

What pictures do you want? Several have posted pics of the new supercharge cover and manifold and the auxillary radiator. I'll take them just let me know what you want.

Rick
It looks just like mine, except mine is a 16 and has the stinger hood. I'll see you up at Hallett sometime.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:18 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Rick
i would like to see pictures of the new headliner and your interior.

In answer to your questions, I believe all splitters and sides skirts are shipped separately or packed inside the coupe cargo area. They do this to make the car easier to load and unload from the carrier trailer. The dealer then installs the splitter/side skirts.

Nice to know that the red stitching is included on the 1LZ package with red seats and that the paddle shifters are also red. The full red stitching package is only included in the 3LZ with Jet Black. Basically, you're paying for red stitching all over vs. the gray stitching, but if you order other red components, the red stitching is included.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:20 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Brake duct photos please!
Old 10-05-2016, 05:24 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by spearfish25

Maybe that's the option I've been hearing about on the (I thought) base '17s?
Old 10-05-2016, 05:31 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

I did take a picture of the ducts as I was in shock and thrilled!!!

Old 10-05-2016, 05:35 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MSG C5
In answer to your questions, I believe all splitters and sides skirts are shipped separately or packed inside the coupe cargo area.
Yeah, I'm aware they're not installed prior to transportation. I'm positive they were not inside the car as the splitter was on my 2015. Dealer is looking into but has not been able to get any answers from GM.

Last edited by rikhek; 10-05-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:56 PM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
i would like to see pictures of the new headliner and your interior.

In answer to your questions, I believe all splitters and sides skirts are shipped separately or packed inside the coupe cargo area. They do this to make the car easier to load and unload from the carrier trailer. The dealer then installs the splitter/side skirts.

Nice to know that the red stitching is included on the 1LZ package with red seats and that the paddle shifters are also red. The full red stitching package is only included in the 3LZ with Jet Black. Basically, you're paying for red stitching all over vs. the gray stitching, but if you order other red components, the red stitching is included.
The3 quilted headliner only comes on the 2 or 3LZ, not 1LZ.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:57 PM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Yeah, I'm aware they're not installed prior to transportation. I'm positive they were not inside the car as the splitter was on my 2015. Dealer is looking into but has not been able to get any answers from GM.
if not inside car when delivered, GM ships them separately to the parts dept.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:13 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by capecodvette
The3 quilted headliner only comes on the 2 or 3LZ, not 1LZ.
Understood, but the stitching i was referencing was on the seats and other trim which is usually gray on the Jet Black interior.

I meant to say "hood liner" in my original post. I would like to see pictures of the new raised hood liner with the colored Z06 logo, etc.

Originally Posted by capecodvette
if not inside car when delivered, GM ships them separately to the parts dept.
I thought GM used to ship the aero kits for the coupes inside the cargo area but not with the convertibles. Did that change for 2017?

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-06-2016 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:23 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Thanks for the duct pics. Do these replace the standard ducts? Did they include instructions?
Old 10-05-2016, 06:25 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth
It looks just like mine, except mine is a 16 and has the stinger hood. I'll see you up at Hallett sometime.
FWIW, I refused to pay GM $500 for a vinyl stinger sticker. My painter is a high end shop and he's going to paint a stinger on mine for $500. I'm also having him paint the stinger down and around the hood vent. I don't like the way the factory sticker curves and deviates from the hood line/crease to meet the top outer "points" of the hood vent.

Rick

Thanks for the duct pics. Do these replace the standard ducts? Did they include instructions?
I took a quick glance at the instructions and they seem well written and straight forward. I'm not sure if they replace the standard ducts as I was in a bit of a hurry.

Doesn't make sense to me why GM won't let the dealer install. I fail to see a logical reason for this. Doesn't make sense for them not to install at the factory. Who wouldn't want them on full time? I don't see a downside even for people who don't drive their cars hard enough to need them?

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-06-2016 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:04 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I took a quick glance at the instructions and they seem well written and straight forward. I'm not sure if they replace the standard ducts as I was in a bit of a hurry.

Doesn't make sense to me why GM won't let the dealer install. I fail to see a logical reason for this. Doesn't make sense for them not to install at the factory. Who wouldn't want them on full time? I don't see a downside even for people who don't drive their cars hard enough to need them?
If you order a Z07, the dealer is not supposed to install the tall winglets on the front slitter(just the short ones) and he is not supposed to install the clear center part of the rear spoiler, as part of the PDI.

GM considers those items "track"(off road) only items and leaves it up to the consumer to install.

Get notified of new replies

To My 2017 Z06 was delivered last night - Couple questions.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:24 PM
WhiteSands
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Very interested in the ducts for the brakes.

Any additional info or pics you could post on this would be great

Thanks for your post
Enjoy
Old 10-05-2016, 07:41 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

I think they bumped up the build date as it's a trade allowance car due to problems I've had with my 2015 that it's replacing. Couple questions:

1. No splitter came with the car. Are these shipped via FedEx or UPS or ???

2. The standard 3/4 length side skirts did not come with the car. Same question as above. I'm not going to use them as I'm putting the ACS side skirts from my 2015 on but still want them.

Congrats,
Most likely the factory is ahead of schedule for other factors. There is no influence from the dealers or GM personnel to expedite production for trade in or buyback situation. Once allocation is filled, everything goes through the standard channels. Maybe due to constraint on some options the schedule got moved around which is great for you
Did you get delivery of the car (my guess is no since its missing the items that gets installed during PDI)? Corvettes gets shipped without splitters, skirts,...being installed so they don't get damaged during transport. The dealer install these items during PDI. The ducts looks the same as to what comes on every Z06 so again I assume they get installed during PDI.

Finally, what is the dealer side of the story?

Last edited by 5thGear; 10-05-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I'm definitely keen to validate that these ducts are different than prior model years and how they go on the car. This car definitely needs more brake cooling!

Quick Reply: My 2017 Z06 was delivered last night - Couple questions.