Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 11:49 AM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts
Default C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

UPDATED:
We are down to only a handful of units. Remember, all pre-orders and those willing to wait can pay the original pre-pre-pre price of $249.99

We are officially out of the backlog and now doing standard shipping.
We're really happy with the responses we've received for these lenses, we tried really hard to get them right. You buy, we ship

When we started this project, no one was even considering it. We proved that the market was there and we built you a great product. We built it to be subtle without any wackadoo writing on the lenses, it's properly packaged, and most importantly,it's very high polish OE quality without the OE defects.

We're pretty proud, and hope you guys will appreciate these lenses for many years to come.

We really couldn't have done it without the support of this community, thanks!!!!

We are running a kickstarter campaign to develop, produce, distribute, and retail Corvette C6 headlight lenses. We've already got a strong list with some contributors, but we've done almost no advertising other than some limited emails to folks that are interested.

Currently there are 15 pre-orders on this list comprised of 4 actual kickstarter backers and 12 pre-paid pre-orders.

Today, we are in discussions with another vendor that will likely take between 15-20, so we're moving quickly.

In order for this to be successful, we need your help!
Originally Posted by kickstarter campaign
New headlight assemblies original cost was $975-1200 per side. C6 replacement lenses ranged from $250-499 per pair. We're seeking to build about 500 units that we will pre-sell at $250 per set in single unit quantities to the kickstarter backers and sell at $450 per set with full production. We need some help. To get this product on the road, we only need .2% of total vehicle production. That's right, not even 1% of total vehicles on the road are required to get this project off the ground. We know we can do it!
There are 4 ways to pre-order:
1) Kickstarter
2) Umnitza.com Site
3) Through C6Performance Site

4) Or by Calling us 877 486 6489

Happy to be on board

PS: We're not yet listed as a vendor but have already signed the contract with the forum owners to be listed as one. Please contact IB for details thanks
PPS: read through the bio on Kickstarter

Photo for attention:

==================================
SUMMARY*

COMMENTS ABOUT OUR PRODUCT/SERVICE
We think our product and services speak for themselves and we want to make a case for it here. Buy your lenses here
  • A) We promised you a product and we are delivering it. We have shown you real products, real manufacturing, real packaging, and real shipping. We are not selling you vaporware.
  • B) You have purchased or will purchase a clean, highly professional, OE looking product, with minimal fuss or extra branding on the lenses
  • C) You are working with a company that is capable of doing a soup to nuts approach
  • D) We have a professional web site, where you can select options that work for you.
  • E) We have been doing professional lighting since 2001, and will be around to help you as time rolls forward - along with our partners.
  • F) We offer a great price. It will go up, but it will still be less than anywhere else.
  • G) We built the mold to handle 5000+ units, so don't worry if you don't get into this batch coming, the next one is right around the corner, and the next one, etc.
I know you guys haven't heard from us in a while. Please don't worry, we're still here, still monitoring the sea shipment and still working our butts off on 2 more installations we should be completing later this week.

We will always err on the side of too much communication vs no communication.

Details
Do you have any emergency units left?
The initial batch of 16 sets of lenses are making their way into the hands of their pre-order buyers from September and October. The short answer is no, all the 16 units are in usage.

So if you are in November, December, January, etc. your lenses will ship on or around April 7th-10th, this may be delayed due to some customs issues as usual, but we have already pre-cleared the shipments and have a telex release done.

DOT
There are some positive DOT developments with a local DOT certification lab in our area. We will have those posted when ready. But suffice it to say, we're going to have some info for those of you worried about Canadian DOT/US DOT.

Who is the lucky one?
The lenses we did received have been shipped out, so you should start seeing some reviews shortly, especially from John T who just received his today, he's the first.
Then we should have a few comments from some of the ones we've shipped very soon.

I WANT TO SEND MINE IN ASAP
Please be patient here, we will be offering 3 tier approach to installation services.
Tier 1 - Standard install services slotted into the normal workflow of our headlight building services. Cost ranges from $250-450 for work.
Tier 2 - Expedited/Scheduled install services. This will include Tier 1 pricing structure but will have a $150 scheduling priority fee - we will schedule a date and after 5pm, our installer will put your order as high priority completing it in the evening with no distractions. This will basically be like a 24/48 hour turn around vs up to 3 weeks with Tier 1 (estimated).
Tier 3 - Custom - encompassing many options like custom painting, lens etching, projector improvements, dual projector installation, angel eyes, DRL/Sequential LED strips, etc. All options we currently do for other cars (we'll show you options at a later date once we get closer.

IMPORTANT MILESTONE LINKS WITHIN THE MAIN THREAD
A) First prototype revealed
B) Zen6 prototype officially received
C) Zen6 prototype official tested
D) Zen6 production line photos released
E) Zen6 production packaging and first actual product
F) Zen6 production samples shown
G) Zen6 production begins transit
H) Zen6 first 16 unit pairs arrive.
I) Zen 6 first official install photos

*this is the last week for $299.99 price.

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 04-27-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:15 PM
htvette
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just pledged for one set. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:20 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by htvette
I just pledged for one set. Thanks.
That's what we need to make the little snowball become a gigantic avalanche, one little pebble at a time
Old 10-14-2016, 08:36 PM
rhinonm
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

what happens if we pledge the $250 and you don't reach the 50k Kickstarter goal?
Old 10-15-2016, 03:18 PM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Will these 3rd party lenses be more durable than the OEM lenses? The OEM parts are garbage as far as I'm concerned. I would be much more inclined to commit to buying a set if I had more information, and if they will be better quality parts.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:30 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rhinonm
what happens if we pledge the $250 and you don't reach the 50k Kickstarter goal?
You don't get charged. It's really simple with Kickstarter.

If you don't pledge and simply pre-order on the site, then you will be charged (which will expedite the build process a little better) but will be put into a "holding bin" and refunded if the project doesn't reach the goal.

Originally Posted by Bad_AX
Will these 3rd party lenses be more durable than the OEM lenses? The OEM parts are garbage as far as I'm concerned. I would be much more inclined to commit to buying a set if I had more information, and if they will be better quality parts.
I replied to you in another thread as well, here's what I wrote:

Hindsight being 20/10 in some cases, we can't guarantee they will be better. However, we will do our best to rely on our years of expertise with this vendor based on many headlights that they have already built for us that it should be better than the current manufacturing.

We're going to also introduce a serialized lens stamp so you'll know when the batch was built and probably a nicer design ...we're exploring a feature that new Honda/Stanley lenses have where they create a refractory section of the lens that lets light go to the corners and illuminates the road as you take turns a little better.
The following users liked this post:
Bad_AX (10-15-2016)
Old 10-21-2016, 11:03 AM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

While we are still aiming for January production cycle, we've just had a good meeting with our team and we're hoping to ramp that up to early December time frame.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:22 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

I need a set
Old 10-24-2016, 12:19 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Thank you. Please add your name to our list on kickstarter.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:59 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rkj427
will you offer headlight servicing? Example, send in headlights, get halos installed, possible bezel color change, and new lenses...............
Yes, the video you have been privy to is something we created in house.
We offer halos - we believe to be the brightest and best in the world
https://www.umnitza.com/orion-v2-led...2005-2013.html
We offer Carbon Fiber inserts - though often out of stock, we can offer a group buy to forum members if enough are interested as part of this service:
https://www.umnitza.com/cfwerks-c6-c...ht-insert.html
We offer new seals (when you do it in house with us).

And we'll offer all those doing this job 2 price levels that are a little bit better than usual as part of this production - as you know Corvette's come with 2 different types of sealant - one that takes 1 hour to open and one that takes 3+
Old 10-28-2016, 12:55 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Update 10/28/2017
Due to SEMA please allow a little time to reply.
--

We have 10 "official" backers on Kickstarter.
We have 16 committed backers through C6Performance
We have 4 formal full price deposits on our site.

We are continuing to work with vendors and won't be disclosing actual numbers of those yet.

We have a rapid prototype being completed end of next week as a preliminary "something to show you" and then we'll do some final mock ups and do a finished rapid prototype.

Things are rolling along!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:44 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

@naldinator - you don't have to pony it up, you can go to kickstarter and it holds the money in escrow

12 Kickstarter backers
1 more direct order

RP#1 should be ready next week - a little delay due to SEMA

This is just ours, our partner has more of course. Keeping you in the loop
Old 12-09-2016, 07:41 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

The prototype has finally been completed.
It's much better than we expected. We've got a scheduled test fit next Wednesday/Thursday.

Some comments about the current prototype, they are going to be called "Zen6 Lenses" to differentiate these from anything made by anyone else. They will mimic but not duplicate the factory ones and they will likely have very small etched branding in the corner - we haven't yet decided exactly where but we want to keep it relatively unobtrusive unless you specifically look for it. We though we were going to get only 1 side, but we got a pleasant surprise

Once we make final approval on the lenses, we expect 30-45 day production and ready to ship Mid January.

We currently have 35 pre-ordered, 13 KS backers that have their names in there, and 2 pending commitments for 10 lenses + 1 commitment for more from another vendor.

All pre-orders from now moving forward will have 1 of 2 options before final production.

Option 1:
$100 Deposit to either C6performance or Umnitza. $100 deposit is non-refundable but guarantees you a full year at the current price of $250. You don't have to buy immediately once we get them, but you will be given 1 full year from date of deposit to decide to go ahead and buy them or not. You will however not be given priority on the first batch as compared to those that put the full deposit down.

Option 2
$250 Pre-Order to either C6performance or Umnitza. $250 entitles you to be first in line for the first batch of units arriving.

--
Shipping is extra - though inexpensive
30 Day Refund from date of receipt, not date of purchase if you are not satisfied with the quality of the product upon receipt.

And finally, some photos:

SURPRISE
Old 12-09-2016, 08:19 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

250 a pair or a single lens ?
Old 12-09-2016, 08:25 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Both sides.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:49 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

Won't the old lens have to be un glued (using heat) and then the new lens glued on? Pardon me if I'm wrong but they don't just un bolt off and bolt on. I heard it was a night mare to do this. And the price you quoted above is for a bolt on replacement of the whole unit not just the lens. Again, if I'm wrong just reply so, thanks
Old 12-10-2016, 12:22 AM
outhouse
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LawrenceFromTorrance
Won't the old lens have to be un glued (using heat) and then the new lens glued on?

yes

you do the labor

250 is just for parts

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Old 12-10-2016, 12:25 AM
2drmadness
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are gaskets included with this?
Old 12-10-2016, 12:31 AM
outhouse
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 2drmadness
Are gaskets included with this?

Doesn't look like it or sealant

plenty of vids out there on exactly how toos
Old 12-10-2016, 05:03 AM
yip
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Pre ordered on the site!

Looking forward to getting these as the faded OEM lenses were the first thing I noticed when i bought my C6.

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses