C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Does aero come installed from factory!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 07:58 PM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Does aero come installed from factory!?!?!?

Im taking delivery of my Arctic White 3LZ Z06 (Z07 Package) with carbon flash painted ground effects package in a week or two and my dealership says the aero is either installed from the factory or it is in the car and they install it during PDI (pre-inspection delivery). This doesn't sound right. From what I have read, the aero bits are sent separate from the car so they aren't damaged during transport. My dealership also said they are kind of guessing that the aero comes installed or the aero will be in the car because they checked and nothing has been sent along with the car because they are usually notified if there is something sent with it. This is also their first Z06 with ground effects and Z07 package. So my question is... Does the aero comes installed from the factory and some parts are in the car? or does the aero come separate from the car to avoid being damaged? I don't plan on paying for the car if the aero bits are not on the car when I take delivery.
Thanks
Old 10-14-2016, 09:31 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

I always thought it was placed inside the car for shipping, for the dealer to install during PDI.
The following users liked this post:
SharkgrayVetteZ06 (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 09:37 PM
mowe
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 108 Posts

Not installed from factory. Installed during PDI.

Ask them not to use the double sided tape on your winglets !
Old 10-14-2016, 09:39 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I'm not positive, but pretty sure that everything comes in the car.

I did NCM delivery, so didn't have to put up with a dealer that had never done Z06/Z07 delivery.

I believe the Z07 comes delivered to the dealer with the short Stage 2 front splitter end plates. The rear spoiler will come without the Stage 2/3 extension wings or the Stage 3 clear wicker bill installed. The Stage 3 front and rear aero stuff should be in the car.

At the Museum, they DO NOT remove the red protective cover from the tape, so the tape is NOT stuck onto the spoiler. I am very appreciative of that, because I got a pair of the short Stage 1 wings for the rear spoiler to reduce drag for high speed events, and I did not remove the red cover on them either. I like the ability to easily change the wings/extensions on the rear spoiler for different performance requirements, and I like to change the look of the car. Without the wings stuck on with the tape there are 5 screws to remove on each wing, so swapping from one stage to the other can be done easily and quickly.

The museum left the smaller Stage 2 front splitter end plates on the car and gave me the Stage 3 end plates to put on when I wanted more downforce or to change the look. You can probably get them to leave the Stage 2 end plates on, or get them to install the Stage 3 ones. Either way - MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU THE OTHER SET!!! If they leave the Stage 2 on, they should supply you with the Stage 3 ones, along with 4 screws (2 for each side) that hold it to the splitter and 6 screws (3 each side) for inside the fender well/spat. If they swap on the Stage 3, make sure they give you the small Stage 2 end plates along with the 10 screws similar to above - they are different for the two stages, so make sure you get 10 screws with either set of end plates.

Bottom line:
  • The aero parts should be in the car
  • I recommend that you tell them to not remove the red cover from the tape on the rear spoiler wings - i.e., do not "stick" the spoiler wings on, just bolt them on.
  • Whichever front splitter end plates are on the car, make sure you get the other set along with the 10 screws for that set - the screws are similar, but different.

Last edited by BEZ06; 10-14-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:19 PM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by mowe
Not installed from factory. Installed during PDI.

Ask them not to use the double sided tape on your winglets !
Tell them not to use the double sided tape so I can take them off easier in the future? Your talking about the rear spoiler? I believe there are wiglets that go on the front splitter on the sides right? I hope the stuff will be in the car, but I don't see how the side skirts and front splitter would fit in the car

Last edited by SharkgrayVetteZ06; 10-14-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:21 PM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by BEZ06
I'm not positive, but pretty sure that everything comes in the car.

I did NCM delivery, so didn't have to put up with a dealer that had never done Z06/Z07 delivery.

I believe the Z07 comes delivered to the dealer with the short Stage 2 front splitter end plates. The rear spoiler will come without the Stage 2/3 extension wings or the Stage 3 clear wicker bill installed. The Stage 3 front and rear aero stuff should be in the car.

At the Museum, they DO NOT remove the red protective cover from the tape, so the tape is NOT stuck onto the spoiler. I am very appreciative of that, because I got a pair of the short Stage 1 wings for the rear spoiler to reduce drag for high speed events, and I did not remove the red cover on them either. I like the ability to easily change the wings/extensions on the rear spoiler for different performance requirements, and I like to change the look of the car. Without the wings stuck on with the tape there are 5 screws to remove on each wing, so swapping from one stage to the other can be done easily and quickly.

The museum left the smaller Stage 2 front splitter end plates on the car and gave me the Stage 3 end plates to put on when I wanted more downforce or to change the look. You can probably get them to leave the Stage 2 end plates on, or get them to install the Stage 3 ones. Either way - MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU THE OTHER SET!!! If they leave the Stage 2 on, they should supply you with the Stage 3 ones, along with 4 screws (2 for each side) that hold it to the splitter and 6 screws (3 each side) for inside the fender well/spat. If they swap on the Stage 3, make sure they give you the small Stage 2 end plates along with the 10 screws similar to above - they are different for the two stages, so make sure you get 10 screws with either set of end plates.

Bottom line:
  • The aero parts should be in the car
  • I recommend that you tell them to not remove the red cover from the tape on the rear spoiler wings - i.e., do not "stick" the spoiler wings on, just bolt them on.
  • Whichever front splitter end plates are on the car, make sure you get the other set along with the 10 screws for that set - the screws are similar, but different.
Thanks, I will make sure to tell them. Hopefully they install all the stuff correctly because it is there first Z07.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:28 PM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
I always thought it was placed inside the car for shipping, for the dealer to install during PDI.
Hopefully the stuff is in the car or installed. Would hate to take delivery and find out the stuff isn't in the car or installed from the factory. I was on another thread and I read that the ground effects package is sent separate to the dealership. I guess ill have to wait and find out.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:28 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

The Z06's aero parts do not fit in a convertible, hence shipped separately and why some PDI's for them have been held up (or car's released to the customer until they arrive).

Z06 coupes come with their aero parts inside of them.
The following 3 users liked this post by elegant:
BOBSZ06 (10-16-2016), Jus Cruisin (02-20-2017), SharkgrayVetteZ06 (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 11:31 PM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by elegant
The Z06's aero parts do not fit in a convertible, hence shipped separately and why some PDI's for them have been held up (or car's released to the customer until they arrive).

Z06 coupes come with their aero parts inside of them.
That makes sense, maybe I forgot to read the part where the the stuff is only sent separate if its a convertible. Thanks for letting me know
Old 10-15-2016, 08:41 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

And there is speculation in one of the other threads that for 17 models all will be shipped to the dealer separately rather than in the car for a coupe.

But you will be one of the first so let us know.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:37 AM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by pkincy
And there is speculation in one of the other threads that for 17 models all will be shipped to the dealer separately rather than in the car for a coupe.

Well I am taking delivery soon so I will for sure come back and let you guys know what happens. Again thanks for posting guys!
Old 02-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Darkvet
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Took delivery of mine yesterday. The ground effects and the stage 3 aero kit all come separate and they are all dealer installed. My dealer did a great job.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:15 AM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkgrayVetteZ06
Tell them not to use the double sided tape so I can take them off easier in the future? Your talking about the rear spoiler? I believe there are wiglets that go on the front splitter on the sides right? I hope the stuff will be in the car, but I don't see how the side skirts and front splitter would fit in the car
I wish my dealer did not use the double sided tape, tried taking off the stage 3 for a 1/2 mile event and felt like I was going to break it, so I left it on.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:29 AM
DogTag-C7R
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 74 Posts

I saw mine come off the truck at dealer (salesman new I was excited) It was in the cargo area - wrapped/boxed nicely. Installed at dealer.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:31 AM
DogTag-C7R
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDANZ06
I wish my dealer did not use the double sided tape, tried taking off the stage 3 for a 1/2 mile event and felt like I was going to break it, so I left it on.
LOL - I did exact same thing at Texas Mile - in a mile the other vettes/stock were running 6 mph faster, removed the torx screws and that sucka was on there - lol -so I lived with it - running without center wicker - this aero will slow you down on straight events.

Last edited by DogTag-C7R; 02-19-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:07 AM
carlrpark
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I guess I'm going to have to break them?

Originally Posted by AZDANZ06
I purchased new Carbon Fiber ones since I couldn't order it factory? Now you can order the rear spoiler with and Exposed fiber as an option for the 2017's? I wanted to balance the carbon fiber appearance to the backside and will be receiving my new ones from APsis USA. I was hoping someone on the forum might of actually removed them without breaking?
Old 02-20-2017, 03:23 PM
carlrpark
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easy way to get the Stage 2 wrap arounds off.

Ok, fellow vetters. I found a fairly easy way to get the wrap arounds(extensions) off without any damage.
Supplies needed: Heat Gun
fishing line(you may not even need to do this)
Your thumb
After you unscrew your torgue bolts use a fairly high test fishing line and in sawing action try getting part of the extensions off so that you can get a grip for pulling down and out on it. Then using the heat gun gently go back and forth warming up the extensions. Every so often just touch it with the back of your hand to make sure its not to hot. As your running the heat gun back and forth, put tension on the extensions by pulling down and out. You will see and feel the extensions start separating from the spoiler until it just pulls right off.
Then just use you thumb and peel off the double sided tape?
Attached Images   

Last edited by carlrpark; 02-20-2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: adding photos
Old 02-20-2017, 03:43 PM
rw99
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If you want the Stage 3 front splitter end plates installed, have your dealer do it as part of their PDI. I received mine in a bag, and honestly they're a little bit of a beeyotch to install: there are a couple of backing nuts (per side) buried within the splitter that aren't easily accessible without extra work and (for comfort) lifting the front.

If you want to DIY, a long-ish 90-degree needle-nose will help you hold your nuts

Rich

PS: check your lugs with a torque wrench. Surprising.

PPS: nice choice for your Z06!

Last edited by rw99; 02-20-2017 at 03:44 PM.
carlrpark (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 09:00 PM
SLEEKVET
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by pkincy

This is correct. I went through an ordeal where the dealer thought the parts should be in the car and when they were not in the car, they assumed I didn't have any aero effects. The aero effects are not in the car. In 2017, the factory shipped them separately to the dealer. I had to go back after my courtesy delivery and have them installed once the dealer received the shipment the following week.

Get notified of new replies

To Does aero come installed from factory!?!?!?

Quick Reply: Does aero come installed from factory!?!?!?