C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

help 93 w/ major power loss

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 03:12 PM
PC2301
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help 93 w/ major power loss

Hi vette friends, having a problem with my 93 LT1. Took it for a rip 2 days ago started feeling a odd feeling in my rear.
it's was shaking and wobbling with a little bit of noise. I did research bad differentials it doesn't sound like that so much. Could it be there is no oil in my TC the reason to all my problems I having.
​Would this cause why I have a major loss of power what happen when I step on the pedal the car lags even is hesitates were it feels like it has half the power with a bogging sound. I just had a full turn up one oil change ago and recently inspected. The morning I checked all my hoses, wires and fluids. I find out my clutch fluid was really low so I filled it an went for a rip still having that noise and major loss of power. No light came on wit in That 4 miles. I know it can be 10 different things or just one thing with signs to a big thing just don't know and could use some insite an help. This being my 1st vette I'm still learning and need some veterans wisdom with c4s.
​​​
Old 10-21-2016, 08:45 PM
92ragtop
Melting Slicks

Received 203 Likes on 117 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

First thing to check is fuel pressure. If it's too low, that would account for the power loss.

Re the rear noise, check the wheel bearings. Jack it up, grab the tires at top and bottom, and push/pull to see if there is any movement.
Also check the level of the diff fluid. Even if that's OK, perhaps it doesn't have the posi additive in it.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:39 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Stick with one thread fuel pressure would be the first thing but bad o2s and the resulting bad cats would be my guess. And pick up he *** and check for wear and slop.

Last edited by antfarmer2; 10-21-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To help 93 w/ major power loss

Quick Reply: help 93 w/ major power loss