C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Vitesse Throttle Controller - How good is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 05:46 PM
AlexRD
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Vitesse Throttle Controller - How good is it?

So I love my Z06, it's a beautiful car and incredibly fun to drive, but the pedal feels like I'm pressing mush and then the car decides to take off after. I've seen great reviews about the Vitesse Throttle Controller and wanted to hear more about it.

To give an idea of what I'm looking for, my 2011 Mustang GT has a way better feeling pedal and it's more predictable. Any insight on the Vitesse and how it changes the corvette pedal? Both my cars are manual, just if that changes anything
Old 10-21-2016, 08:07 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Received 417 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexRD
So I love my Z06, it's a beautiful car and incredibly fun to drive, but the pedal feels like I'm pressing mush and then the car decides to take off after. I've seen great reviews about the Vitesse Throttle Controller and wanted to hear more about it.

To give an idea of what I'm looking for, my 2011 Mustang GT has a way better feeling pedal and it's more predictable. Any insight on the Vitesse and how it changes the corvette pedal? Both my cars are manual, just if that changes anything
If you're talking about that "low end" bog, when you first start to accelerate as you let out the clutch on the Z06 that isn't completely warmed up and the engine can stall, no the Vitesse Contoller will not help that. I even talked with the manufacturer and he told me that with that particular issue, his controller was of no value. I'm told a "tune" will clear up that problem, but with GM's almost fanatical negative reaction to an engine warranty on an engine that's been tuned, I decided to avoid that fix. From talking to others on the Forum, they suggested that sensitivity with the M7 does soften up quite a bit if you operated the car in Sport mode....I did try that and found it to be true. Still a bit sensitive when the engine isn't fully warmed up, but waaay better than Tour mode.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:41 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

I disagree with the above post. The Vitesse is excellent.
You can dial up the response to suit you taste. It makes you car feel like a kick in the ***. Check out Vutesse on other posts. You would not be disappointed with the system.

The following users liked this post:
BLACK N FAST (07-04-2018)
Old 10-21-2016, 08:42 PM
wagoetzmann
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Port the throttle body and the dead spot will be gone.
The Yav (07-08-2018)
Old 10-21-2016, 10:06 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The ported Throttle Body did help the situation somewhat.
The Vitesse 100% did not help the situation. Check out the link in my signature. However if you decide to try it I'll sell you mine as I always keep it in the stock setting.
I believe a tune is the only thing that can truly totally fix it....but then there are those other issues.

Good luck!

Best,
Gene

Last edited by phantasms; 10-21-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:19 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Originally Posted by phantasms
The ported Throttle Body did help the situation somewhat.
The Vitesse 100% did not help the situation. Check out the link in my signature. However if you decide to try it I'll sell you mine as I always keep it in the stock setting.
I believe a tune is the only thing that can truly totally fix it....but then there are those other issues.

Good luck!

Best,
Gene
This is interesting...all along, I had the impression that this was more of an electrical problem ("fly by wire" stuff) that was creating this low end stumble. I agree with you, at least speaking with the Vitesse manufacture's engineer, their controller will not solve this problem. If anything it could make it a bit worse...you go from that stumble to all kinds of juice instantaneously, causing the car to light up right now after it catches. When you talk about porting the throttle body, can you either explain that or provide a link where I can read about it? Would very much appreciate that insight....thanks!
Old 04-29-2017, 02:03 PM
syswayne
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Default where to purchase

Originally Posted by VictorBarron
I disagree with the above post. The Vitesse is excellent.
You can dial up the response to suit you taste. It makes you car feel like a kick in the ***. Check out Vutesse on other posts. You would not be disappointed with the system.

will this work on a C7 2016 stingray that is not a Z06. Did it help you much and where can I purchase one. thanks syswayne
Old 04-29-2017, 02:57 PM
KustomsbyKev
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by wagoetzmann
Port the throttle body and the dead spot will be gone.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:00 PM
kronix
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by syswayne
will this work on a C7 2016 stingray that is not a Z06. Did it help you much and where can I purchase one. thanks syswayne
Yes, works for all Vettes, except C5's at this time. I have one installed in my C6 Grand Sport & the difference is night & day. The best $179 you'll ever spend.

http://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/t...orvette-c7.htm
Old 04-30-2017, 07:03 AM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

The Vitesse does ZERO for the built-in hesitation. All it does is increase/ decrease pedal travel, depending on the level you set it too.

I have one installed. I use it to desensitize the pedal in rain...that's about it.

Anyone saying it helps the hesitation, has no clue what they are talking about. Even Vitesse will tell you it does not change that.

The ported TB seems to help here, from what I have read, but I have no experience with it personally.

I know 100% it can be dialed out in a tune, but you risk your warranty. I have driven a tuned A8...where it was completely dialed out.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:16 AM
2fastnow
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

I use Pedalbox for my Twin Turbo BMW. It works well with throttle lag on electronic pedals. (automatic) My 6 speed GT500 I got it tuned out with a Bama tune...way better. I used to stall out before the tune.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:37 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by FastestBusaAround
The Vitesse does ZERO for the built-in hesitation. All it does is increase/ decrease pedal travel, depending on the level you set it too.

I have one installed. I use it to desensitize the pedal in rain...that's about it.

Anyone saying it helps the hesitation, has no clue what they are talking about. Even Vitesse will tell you it does not change that.

The ported TB seems to help here, from what I have read, but I have no experience with it personally.

I know 100% it can be dialed out in a tune, but you risk your warranty. I have driven a tuned A8...where it was completely dialed out.
Yup. To me the Vitesse test shows who is in tune with their car and who is not. No offense meant it's just that if someone thinks this does anything for throttle lag...we'll...
Old 04-30-2017, 10:30 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Why couldn't it help with the hesitation? If the problem is slow throttle mapping in the ECM calibration, the Vitesse could effectively help you "skip past" that problematic part of the ECM table, could it not?

If the problem is mechanical (in the sense of the airflow path through the throttle body), then no amount of ECM tuning would fix it, but since it's claimed that it does, I think an electronic box would accomplish the same thing.

Last edited by davepl; 04-30-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:18 PM
kronix
Racer

Here is what the Vitesse TC WILL DO.

From Vitesse Website:

This is applicable for both Manual and Automatics.

For naturally aspirated cars, you will have a more linear acceleration, a more precise and predictable.

More Control.

For Turbo / Supercharged vehicles, you will be able to reduce the Turbo Lag, improve the low and Mid-range performance.

Now comes as a standard option with one single Control ****

OEM plug and play wiring harness connectors for quick and easy installation

Explanation of Throttle Response

Throttle response is how fast it takes from the time you mash the accelerator pedal to the time the engine RPM rises and how fast it rises. Throttle response is all about the time delay in the control system which alters the air pressure in the inlet manifold. It's only the time delay between moving the driver's right foot and changing the amount of air available at the inlets.

A more responsive 400hp engine will outrun (other than top speed) a less responsive yet more powerful 450hp engine on the track assuming driver skills and vehicle suspension tire adhesion etcetera being equal in the same car every time.

When you open the throttle it responds by sucking in more air and adding more fuel. The power increase is caused because your RPM's rise. The faster your RPM's rise the faster your car can reach max power.

Cold air intakes / ported throttle bodies / ported inatkes .... will all give some addittional maximum power but a Throttle Controller's biggest benefit is allowing the engine RPM to rise faster which translates to reaching maximum power sooner which means the car will be accelerating faster.

How the Throttle Controller will affect your driving:

1- Daily Driving or at the Race Track:
Our Camaros are equipped with a drive-by-wire system and the throttle response is affected badly by this and as most of us feel a noticeable delay when quickly changing the position of the gas pedal. The Throttle response delay / Lag is an intentional design on the "Drive by Wire system and the reasons are:

• Decreasing emissions
• Safety and drivability.
• Comfort.
• Fuel economy

Driving Pleasure:

Throttle response plays a major role in driving pleasure, as this gives the driver more control over the vehicle's acceleration or deceleration. If you have a very precise throttle response, it will not only make your driving maneuvres a lot more predictible but makes you feel more comfortable pushing the car's limits on corners.

On a race track, while entering a corner, the requested power output is reduced since the vehicle is coasting or braking. After passing the corner, the driver will suddenly request more power to accelerate back to normal speeds. Fast throttle response allows a vehicle to regain its speed quickly after cornering. Drifting requires very precise and instant throttle response on a rear-wheel drive car, one wants to increase torque on the rear wheels at a precise moment in a corner to make it turn the car more in the direction of the road ahead past the corner, and make it stop at a precise moment or the car will spin out of control. No matter what the maximum engine power is, if the throttle response is slow, you will not be able to have control or do this maneuvre.

Look at how many happy users there are in the C6 & Camaro forums, 100s of them. I guess they're all not "in tune" with their cars.

Last edited by kronix; 04-30-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:38 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

And a lot of people spend real money to dress up under their hoods and will also go for sub par tires because they're cheaper or more comfy. Yes, for sure, thousands or people who drive GM sports cars are not in touch with their car. If you enjoy the Vitesse I'm happy for you. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:15 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Originally Posted by kronix
Here is what the Vitesse TC WILL DO.

From Vitesse Website:

This is applicable for both Manual and Automatics.

For naturally aspirated cars, you will have a more linear acceleration, a more precise and predictable.

More Control.

For Turbo / Supercharged vehicles, you will be able to reduce the Turbo Lag, improve the low and Mid-range performance.

Now comes as a standard option with one single Control ****

OEM plug and play wiring harness connectors for quick and easy installation

Explanation of Throttle Response

Throttle response is how fast it takes from the time you mash the accelerator pedal to the time the engine RPM rises and how fast it rises. Throttle response is all about the time delay in the control system which alters the air pressure in the inlet manifold. It's only the time delay between moving the driver's right foot and changing the amount of air available at the inlets.

A more responsive 400hp engine will outrun (other than top speed) a less responsive yet more powerful 450hp engine on the track assuming driver skills and vehicle suspension tire adhesion etcetera being equal in the same car every time.

When you open the throttle it responds by sucking in more air and adding more fuel. The power increase is caused because your RPM's rise. The faster your RPM's rise the faster your car can reach max power.

Cold air intakes / ported throttle bodies / ported inatkes .... will all give some addittional maximum power but a Throttle Controller's biggest benefit is allowing the engine RPM to rise faster which translates to reaching maximum power sooner which means the car will be accelerating faster.

How the Throttle Controller will affect your driving:

1- Daily Driving or at the Race Track:
Our Camaros are equipped with a drive-by-wire system and the throttle response is affected badly by this and as most of us feel a noticeable delay when quickly changing the position of the gas pedal. The Throttle response delay / Lag is an intentional design on the "Drive by Wire system and the reasons are:

• Decreasing emissions
• Safety and drivability.
• Comfort.
• Fuel economy

Driving Pleasure:

Throttle response plays a major role in driving pleasure, as this gives the driver more control over the vehicle's acceleration or deceleration. If you have a very precise throttle response, it will not only make your driving maneuvres a lot more predictible but makes you feel more comfortable pushing the car's limits on corners.

On a race track, while entering a corner, the requested power output is reduced since the vehicle is coasting or braking. After passing the corner, the driver will suddenly request more power to accelerate back to normal speeds. Fast throttle response allows a vehicle to regain its speed quickly after cornering. Drifting requires very precise and instant throttle response on a rear-wheel drive car, one wants to increase torque on the rear wheels at a precise moment in a corner to make it turn the car more in the direction of the road ahead past the corner, and make it stop at a precise moment or the car will spin out of control. No matter what the maximum engine power is, if the throttle response is slow, you will not be able to have control or do this maneuvre.

Look at how many happy users there are in the C6 & Camaro forums, 100s of them. I guess they're all not "in tune" with their cars.
The statements above are completely false and totally inaccurate. The vendor is lying through his teeth using statements like that. All this overpriced device does, is change voltage rise at a different rate. It's effect is pretty much same as what the weather mode does on your pedal, only it's more exaggerated than that and works on either direction, for more or less travel. Are you familiar with how that works in your Z?

Again, it has ZERO effect on the throttle response/ LAG. Throttle LAG has nothing to do with this device and everything to do with mapping, TB, air flow, fuel delivery etc...and this device does nothing except reduce or increase the pedal travel by voltage, depending on how you set it. Al it does is make your foot travel more or less to get to speed.

IT DOES NOT REDUCE THE BUILT-IN LAG, except maybe in YOUR mind.

If pedal travel is what you consider to be "throttle response/ LAG"...then you should buy this device.

The happy users you refer to in those forums are morons, if they think it addresses throttle lag in ANY car, much like some do here, and who do NOT know what throttle response / lag is, or how to address it.

Say what you want...but if you believe the garbage posted, that you quoted, you have no clue what throttle response and throttle lag is...and you would be a prime candidate to buy and use a Vitesse.

There's a good use for it...but it's not to address throttle lag...

That said, I own one and I know precisely what it does and how it works and you don't. I know from personal experience what this does, and you don't...so if you think you know enough to argue your point...go to town - and go buy one.

If you come here after that, and you state that it has an effect on throttle LAG, I will seriously question your knowledge on the subject.

My 850 HP Blown Grand Cherokee SRT has NO throttle lag
My 1050 HP Ford GT has NO throttle lag
My 700 HP 991 TTS has some TURBO lag, but NO throttle LAG
My 600+ HP Gen IV Viper has a bit of throttle lag

Do you even know why GM builds in throttle lag?

Last edited by FastestBusaAround; 04-30-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:16 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Originally Posted by phantasms
And a lot of people spend real money to dress up under their hoods and will also go for sub par tires because they're cheaper or more comfy. Yes, for sure, thousands or people who drive GM sports cars are not in touch with their car. If you enjoy the Vitesse I'm happy for you. Different strokes for different folks.
Some of them just don't get it...

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - How good is it?

Old 04-30-2017, 04:35 PM
kronix
Racer

Originally Posted by FastestBusaAround
The statements above are completely false and totally inaccurate. The vendor is lying through his teeth using statements like that. All this overpriced device does, is change voltage rise at a different rate. It's effect is pretty much same as what the weather mode does on your pedal, only it's more exaggerated than that and works on either direction, for more or less travel. Are you familiar with how that works in your Z?

Again, it has ZERO effect on the throttle response/ LAG. Throttle LAG has nothing to do with this device and everything to do with mapping, TB, air flow, fuel delivery etc...and this device does nothing except reduce or increase the pedal travel by voltage, depending on how you set it. Al it does is make your foot travel more or less to get to speed.

IT DOES NOT REDUCE THE BUILT-IN LAG, except maybe in YOUR mind.

If pedal travel is what you consider to be "throttle response/ LAG"...then you should buy this device.

The happy users you refer to in those forums are morons, if they think it addresses throttle lag in ANY car, much like some do here, and who do NOT know what throttle response / lag is, or how to address it.

Say what you want...but if you believe the garbage posted, that you quoted, you have no clue what throttle response and throttle lag is...and you would be a prime candidate to buy and use a Vitesse.

There's a good use for it...but it's not to address throttle lag...

That said, I own one and I know precisely what it does and how it works and you don't. I know from personal experience what this does, and you don't...so if you think you know enough to argue your point...go to town - and go buy one.

If you come here after that, and you state that it has an effect on throttle LAG, I will seriously question your knowledge on the subject.

My 850 HP Blown Grand Cherokee SRT has NO throttle lag
My 1050 HP Ford GT has NO throttle lag
My 700 HP 991 TTS has some TURBO lag, but NO throttle LAG
My 600+ HP Gen IV Viper has a bit of throttle lag

Do you even know why GM builds in throttle lag?" I sure do pal, To keep azzholes like you from killing themselves, too bad.."
You done throwing' your pin dick around?

If you knew how to read, you see about 8 posts up that I do own one.

I think your issue is with the owner & inventor of Vitesse, since you say it's, "completely false and totally inaccurate."
I took that info directly from his site, the same one you used to buy yours.

I don't use a Vitesse TC in my:
08 Custom Matte Green Tahoe Z71-6" Lift (550RWHP), or my
08 Black C6 Z06 3LZ-A&A Twin Turbo-(715RWHP) or my
15 Jet Black C7 3LZ Z06 (900RWHP), but I did install on in my
11 C6 Grand Sport, and I'm quite happy with it.

Now you can go F*** OFF & Call Ahmed at Vitesse and tell him what a liar he is, because you seem to know everything. Too bad you haven't gotten laid in years, because anyone that directs that kind of hostility to someone for simply posting info DIRECTLY from a website for others to see, has some real F***ing issues. You're on BLOCK dude!
Old 04-30-2017, 06:24 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

I will say it again, Vetesse is a great mod. Throttle is so much more responsive.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:37 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Originally Posted by kronix
You done throwing' your pin dick around?

If you knew how to read, you see about 8 posts up that I do own one.

I think your issue is with the owner & inventor of Vitesse, since you say it's, "completely false and totally inaccurate."
I took that info directly from his site, the same one you used to buy yours.

I don't use a Vitesse TC in my:
08 Custom Matte Green Tahoe Z71-6" Lift (550RWHP), or my
08 Black C6 Z06 3LZ-A&A Twin Turbo-(715RWHP) or my
15 Jet Black C7 3LZ Z06 (900RWHP), but I did install on in my
11 C6 Grand Sport, and I'm quite happy with it.

Now you can go F*** OFF & Call Ahmed at Vitesse and tell him what a liar he is, because you seem to know everything. Too bad you haven't gotten laid in years, because anyone that directs that kind of hostility to someone for simply posting info DIRECTLY from a website for others to see, has some real F***ing issues. You're on BLOCK dude!
Aw, come on now, Busa is just trying to explain his observations and he really does know what he's talking about... and I don't know how often he gets laid, but I'd bet it's within the last year. Anyway, that information is on a different forum.
I do have an M7, '016 Z06 and I am also one of the faithful who has continually b*tched about the hesitation issue when starting out, especially if you're on a hill...there truly is miles of discussion on this subject in this Forum, and most of the owners (over 95%) have felt the problem. I personally did talk to the Vitesse group about a year ago (guessing) and they very specifically told me that the throttle controller they sell would do nothing, zilch, zero, to eliminate or even mask this problem. I did determine that it does reduce (not eliminate) the hesitation if you run in Sport or Track mode...Tour mode, it is worse. I did purchase a Tony Mamo ported T/B and it did help a great deal. I can't say it completely cured the problem, but for me, at least, it is now drive able and actually the truly minimal hesitation I feel is acceptable to me. A freebie with the PTB of Tony's is that the car feels quicker through the acceleration curve. Seat of the pants feeling for sure, but my butt says it's quicker!
The Yav (07-08-2018)

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - How good is it?