Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspesion rebuild/upgrade

Old 10-23-2016, 08:23 PM
GMAN72
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspesion rebuild/upgrade

New to the vet world..looking for advice on rebuilding, tightening up, up grading , getting rid of bump steer.. Ride tech up grade out of my budget.. best system for money.. what works.. what to stay away from. 1972 coupe

Last edited by GMAN72; 10-23-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:13 AM
Lobzila
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Best quote I ever heard restoring a car was "Speed is a question of money, how fast can you go". Start with the small things to make it right first if budget is a issue. Ball joints, shocks, control arm bushings, tie rods, rag joint. Little things like that make it solid again and are not too bad on your wallet. How many miles are on the current suspension? What year car? These also play in. Only advice I can give you on what to stay away from is the crappy alignment shop that worked on my car and ripped me off.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by GMAN72
...best system for money.. what works...
IMHO, you're describing a stock rebuild.

Congrats on the 72.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:15 AM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts

I just bought a 72 coupe about 3 weeks ago. I will replace the whole front suspension with new Moog parts and the steering box will be replaced with a Borgenson conversion. I have it all apart now waiting for the parts to come from Rockauto. If you are not racing it a stock rebuild will be fine.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:49 AM
GMAN72
Cruising

​​​​​​​thanks was thinking along same line with adition of upper control arms with more camber
Originally Posted by 540 vette
I just bought a 72 coupe about 3 weeks ago. I will replace the whole front suspension with new Moog parts and the steering box will be replaced with a Borgenson conversion. I have it all apart now waiting for the parts to come from Rockauto. If you are not racing it a stock rebuild will be fine.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:55 AM
GMAN72
Cruising

​​​​​​​thanks for the reply was thinking along that line with may new upper A arm for more camber..my rear control arms need rebuilt also..tranny tail house bushing is shot..will replace all u joints too.a winter's prodject..mileage unknown odometer not working 57k??
Originally Posted by Lobzila
Best quote I ever heard restoring a car was "Speed is a question of money, how fast can you go". Start with the small things to make it right first if budget is a issue. Ball joints, shocks, control arm bushings, tie rods, rag joint. Little things like that make it solid again and are not too bad on your wallet. How many miles are on the current suspension? What year car? These also play in. Only advice I can give you on what to stay away from is the crappy alignment shop that worked on my car and ripped me off.

Get notified of new replies

To suspesion rebuild/upgrade

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: suspesion rebuild/upgrade