C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensors...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Nightdiver
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 02 sensors...

Recently installed Hinson Ceramic Headers....the stock Headers had 4 X 02 leads....instructions for installing Hinson Headers was (well logical thinking worked here more than instructions as they did not cover this point) use supplied 02 leads to join Engine connectors and exhaust connectors....Hinson headers come with 2 holes on the lower Pipes...hence the extended leads...however as thought the '' engine light'' is now on...totally annoying...this because the bottom 02 leads are not being used....anyone out there know how to extinguish the engine light? Or have I got it wired wrong??
Old 10-25-2016, 06:07 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightdiver
Recently installed Hinson Ceramic Headers....the stock Headers had 4 X 02 leads....instructions for installing Hinson Headers was (well logical thinking worked here more than instructions as they did not cover this point) use supplied 02 leads to join Engine connectors and exhaust connectors....Hinson headers come with 2 holes on the lower Pipes...hence the extended leads...however as thought the '' engine light'' is now on...totally annoying...this because the bottom 02 leads are not being used....anyone out there know how to extinguish the engine light? Or have I got it wired wrong??
you need to get the rear 2 turned off in the tune and you will be good to go
The following users liked this post:
Nightdiver (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Nightdiver
Intermediate

Irok....thank you....thing is I actually made an appointment for a Dyno tune...Drove there this morning....was not too impressed with the place...please bare with me a minute...while joining the Muffler and middle pipe I could not get a decent join with the supplied bracket...so after explaining this to the guy behind the counter he suggested a company down the road....to cut a long story short we could not get into an exhaust place today...so I re-booked and left for home....now my confidence in this company has diminished. I have maybe seen too many of gone bad dyno tuning vids but, it's a worry...the companies waiver made me puke...anyway question being...if you can help....the car has a Hypertech Max Energy tune, purchased on line maybe a year ago.....it made a good difference....right now as the car drives it's powerful, fast with an awesome muscle sound...(I'm British born -now an American-) It's been a dream to own a Muscle Corvette....would not having a dyno tune make all that difference?? I know they recommend it but, would it make a bunch of difference...and is that the only way I can get the warning light turned off or could the local Chevy dealer do that?

Last edited by Nightdiver; 10-27-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Your not that far from Tampa .... Here are the folks that can professionally dyno tune your C6.

Good honest people that know Corvettes

Powertech Performance
Phone: 727-826-0802

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Power...73972269323599
Old 10-26-2016, 09:29 AM
Nightdiver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Your not that far from Tampa .... Here are the folks that can professionally dyno tune your C6.

Good honest people that know Corvettes

Powertech Performance
Phone: 727-826-0802

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Power...73972269323599
Thank you Turbo...I'm looking into Powertech now and will call them later....looking a more professional team that the one I had booked into in Orlando....lol
Old 10-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I also had Powertech install the headers on my 2011 GS.

There in-house dyno is a DynoJet ...

Also, since you are not using the after-cat O2 sensors anymore, there tuning software can keep the check engine light from coming on

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 10-26-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Nightdiver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
I also had Powertech install the headers on my 2011 GS.

There in-house dyno is a DynoJet ...

Also, since you are not using the after-cat O2 sensors anymore, there tuning software can keep the check engine light from coming on

Thanks I'm about to call them....
Old 10-26-2016, 07:31 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,712 Likes on 2,998 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Nightdiver, that would be muscle Corvette, not "mussle Corvette, just sayin
Old 10-27-2016, 06:48 AM
Nightdiver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 449er
Nightdiver, that would be muscle Corvette, not "mussle Corvette, just sayin
Lol....yes realized my error after posting and re-reading...my fault....I will not even blame the lack of a spell checker on here....
Old 11-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Nightdiver
Intermediate

Default DynoTune....

Right so........decided in the end to take the Vette to Powertech of St Petersburg....not much fun really to see your baby taken from 0 mph to probably 180 mph while standing still...and then times that by 4....it's hard not to go and drag the Dyno Tech out of car, however Vette faired well....and wow what a difference a Dynotune make...car is alive and so damn throaty....as for Powertech...the owner Joe is awesome, what that guy does not know about tuning is not worth knowing....If you want Top class Mechanics and Tune you will do your self a favor by visiting this place.....
As for my Vette Grissly....think as far as the power train is concerned, it's done...I have my American Muscle car...just I have to work on the presentation to get more interest and Trophies at shows....any ideas???????
Old 11-04-2016, 07:41 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

nice to hear you got your baby sorted.
you may want to start a new thread with your show presentation questions.
good luck!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:16 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

Sounds like you're sorted already. I didn't see the year of your car. It's easier to extinguish the rear O2 sensors on an E38 pcm used on LS3s just through programming, but I understand the LS2 PCMs have a startup test loop on the rear O2s that will still produce a MIL.

The solution is to modify the tune, but the O2 sensors need to to stay plugged in to complete this startup test even though they're not mounted in the exhaust. Tuners just tie wrap them out of the way somewhere in the vicinity of where they would be mounted.

Get notified of new replies

To 02 sensors...

Quick Reply: 02 sensors...