Dash Light, Fog Lights Problem-Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 09:37 PM
B-STOCK
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15, '17, '19

Default Dash Light, Fog Lights Problem-Help

Sometimes when I put on my headlights the dash lights will not come on. They usually go on the first minute of driving but it's getting worst. When the dash lights don't come on the fog lights will not work either. When you enter or leave the car the dash lights come on as usual till they time out. If I put the lights on without the key in the ignition the dash lights come on. Wondering if it's the ignition switch.???????? Open to suggestions on what else it could be. Thanks, Mike
Old 10-26-2016, 01:26 AM
B-STOCK
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15, '17, '19

I have been on this forum 14 years and it never ceases to amaze me. The link brought me to a way to test by using the Twilight Sentental. Almost forgot I ordered it but it was the only option left and I said what the hell. Have a Corvette with every option. I tried it 17 years ago and it worked and I never used it again. I just activated it through the options menu and when the lights went on so did the dash lights and the fog lamps. Turned the sentenial off and when I put the lights on with the stalk no dash lights or fog lamps. Turned the sentenial back on and dash & fog lights again. I take this to mean I need a new multi function switch. Am I correct? Thanks, Mike

FOUND IT HERE POST#4 https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-switch.html

Last edited by B-STOCK; 10-26-2016 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:37 AM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

if they turn on fine with the twilight circuit, then the culprit is probably your multifunction switch

Get notified of new replies

To Dash Light, Fog Lights Problem-Help

Quick Reply: Dash Light, Fog Lights Problem-Help