Need help with TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 12:53 PM
BJD
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help with TPMS

I had a sound system upgrade with the addition of a Audison amp and subwoofer. After installation, the right front tire sensor light appeared on dash. I took the c7 to dealer three times in a attempt to fix the problem. The dealer, after discussions with chevrolet techs, concluded it was caused by the amp signals interfering with the signals the TPMS sensor is sending to its respective antenna. We have disconnected the Amp. and the TPMS works fine, with no lights coming on. The installer/owner of Mobil Innovations has talked with Audison and other audio experts and can not figure the problem out. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks
Attached Images    
Old 10-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Wow, that looks fantastic! How does it sound? Did they keep the factory head unit?

I've read about 'fooling' a sensor by putting it in a pressurized canister so the system thinks all is good. I have no idea if this works, especially on these sensors. It doesn't solve your problem, but it would at least maybe get rid of the light. Of course you'll have one unmonitored tire, so insert legal mayhem here for liability stuff by not having a sensor.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:59 PM
Stanimal
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Well done. Looks great. Too bad about the side effect.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

Clean install. Sorry for the trouble.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:01 AM
BJD
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
Wow, that looks fantastic! How does it sound? Did they keep the factory head unit?

I've read about 'fooling' a sensor by putting it in a pressurized canister so the system thinks all is good. I have no idea if this works, especially on these sensors. It doesn't solve your problem, but it would at least maybe get rid of the light. Of course you'll have one unmonitored tire, so insert legal mayhem here for liability stuff by not having a sensor.
The sound is fantastic, but need to fix problem with TPMS. Thanks,
Old 10-27-2016, 12:15 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 834 Likes on 594 Posts

Our C7 tire pressure sensors transmit their data to the RCDLR on 433MHz.

I don't know in our C7's, but the C6 had a unit above the left rear wheel.

If any wires for the amp have been routed through that area, make sure none of the stock wiring is getting interfered with or is loose.

And, does the amp do some kind of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth transmission (or does one part of it transmit to another part of it) wirelessly? If it's on or close to 433MHz there could certainly be some interference - but I would think it might affect all the sensors.

You say "the right front sensor light appeared on the dash". I'm not sure what light that is, but did you go to the page that shows ALL the tire pressures, just to make sure that other sensors aren't affected as well?

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with TPMS

Quick Reply: Need help with TPMS