C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armytrix & Akraprovic

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 09:55 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Armytrix & Akraprovic

Hi Guys,

I am on the hunt for a aftermarket exhaust. I know you have your most common exhaust Borla, Corsa, Billy Boat, etc. I have ran across older vettes that run the corsa exhaust system. They tend to sound pretty good. I just purchased a C7 Stingray. I have been doing a lot of diggin in the forums for exhaust reviews. I am trying to prevent buying something and not completely being happy with it, which has happen in the past. I haven't seen a lot of info on the armytrix & akraprovic exhaust systems for the C7. I like the NPP system on the new vettes I am looking to keep that option. Does anyone have any experience with these types of exhaust? Do you think they are worth the money? I appreciate the feedback. If anyone has any opinions or have a system they love that still uses the NPP system please share your thoughts.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:18 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 584 Likes on 515 Posts

Have an Akrapovic exhaust on our shop Audi RS5. By far the best sounding exhaust I've heard. Titanium paired with a high revving V8.. Crisp and pure sound.

Going to eventually get the Akrapovic setup for the Stingray too. It uses the OEM valve modes too, so no need for another switch.

-Josh
Old 11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

if you can afford the $5000 price tag, get the akrapovic....
Old 11-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Originally Posted by MerakiAutoworks
Have an Akrapovic exhaust on our shop Audi RS5. By far the best sounding exhaust I've heard. Titanium paired with a high revving V8.. Crisp and pure sound.

Going to eventually get the Akrapovic setup for the Stingray too. It uses the OEM valve modes too, so no need for another switch.

Thanks for your input

-Josh
Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray
if you can afford the $5000 price tag, get the akrapovic....

That price tag douhh lol
Old 11-27-2016, 10:34 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

-Josh

Thanks Josh
Old 11-28-2016, 01:35 AM
Toombs
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

The axle back version Akrapovic exhaust is on my Christmas list. Price not so overwhelming.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Chazzmania
Pro

Originally Posted by Daniel Toombs
The axle back version Akrapovic exhaust is on my Christmas list. Price not so overwhelming.

Daniel make sure to post any pics. I have been trying to find the cheapest place to purchase one if I go that route.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:25 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

-Josh
Was thinking you told me you had one that you where putting on your c7 over the weekend had it on the way now that you got it are was getting to your door before turkey day. Robert

To the OP here one are two guys in here that had the Akrapovic NPP on the car was having codes. One said in a post he pulled it off his car and was selling it. I would call the factory and see if the problem was fixed are if it was a problem with the guy did something. But don't think it was the guy mistake on the install. Robert
Old 11-28-2016, 11:29 AM
0HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 88 Posts

Can't beat this!

Last edited by HRE_Jurrian; 11-28-2016 at 11:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RipcordZ51 (11-29-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Mu$cle
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazzmania
Daniel make sure to post any pics. I have been trying to find the cheapest place to purchase one if I go that route.
I had the Akrapovic exhaust (stainless) on my C6Z, and now have the axle back Akrapovic (titanium) on my C7Z paired with a Corsa X-pipe. NPP is fully functional (though I never take it out of track mode) and no issues with codes. No drone and not obnoxious when driving "normal". This exhaust is a monster under load. I feel a little sorry for those I pass on the track - well, not really. Simplify your life and call Ben Herndon at Weapon-X.

Originally Posted by robert miller
Was thinking you told me you had one that you where putting on your c7 over the weekend had it on the way now that you got it are was getting to your door before turkey day. Robert

To the OP here one are two guys in here that had the Akrapovic NPP on the car was having codes. One said in a post he pulled it off his car and was selling it. I would call the factory and see if the problem was fixed are if it was a problem with the guy did something. But don't think it was the guy mistake on the install. Robert
Must have been an installation issue. I installed on my car with no issues.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Originally Posted by Mu$cle
I had the Akrapovic exhaust (stainless) on my C6Z, and now have the axle back Akrapovic (titanium) on my C7Z paired with a Corsa X-pipe. NPP is fully functional (though I never take it out of track mode) and no issues with codes. No drone and not obnoxious when driving "normal". This exhaust is a monster under load. I feel a little sorry for those I pass on the track - well, not really. Simplify your life and call Ben Herndon at Weapon-X.

Must have been an installation issue. I installed on my car with no issues.

Muscle thanks for the info. I bet the car sounds amazing with the x-pipe setup. Did you need any additional parts for the NPP system? Also was Weapon X the cheapest?
Old 11-28-2016, 03:32 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Muscle thanks for the info. I bet the car sounds amazing with the x-pipe setup. Did you need any additional parts for the NPP system? Also was Weapon X the cheapest?
Ben, is a great guy to deal with man. But you will not need any example parts for the system.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:03 PM
glm707
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELLO,i hAVE A 2015 z-51 AUTO I went with billy boat fusion with speedway tips,they use a 3'' Butterfly flap for the npp. stock is 2.5 Its a little bit louder deep melow,no drone I installed them myself, no issues fit and finish is tops.they have a video on you tube.RPI Designs has a good price.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Originally Posted by glm707
HELLO,i hAVE A 2015 z-51 AUTO I went with billy boat fusion with speedway tips,they use a 3'' Butterfly flap for the npp. stock is 2.5 Its a little bit louder deep melow,no drone I installed them myself, no issues fit and finish is tops.they have a video on you tube.RPI Designs has a good price.
Thanks for the post. X-pipe coming soon?
Old 11-30-2016, 12:47 AM
Chazzmania
Pro

Bump
Old 11-30-2016, 03:42 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

I ordered and received the axle back Akrapovic from Southern Car Parts (a vendor on this forum) when they had a 5% off sale and free shipping. All in was just less than $4,000. I was very happy with the price and service from them. No, you don't need extra parts for the NPP.

I will be installing it over my Christmas break and will be sure to post pics and video when it's all done.
The following users liked this post:
HRE_Jurrian (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 03:44 PM
0HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by UKnowWho18
I ordered and received the axle back Akrapovic from Southern Car Parts (a vendor on this forum) when they had a 5% off sale and free shipping. All in was just less than $4,000. I was very happy with the price and service from them. No, you don't need extra parts for the NPP.

I will be installing it over my Christmas break and will be sure to post pics and video when it's all done.
Awesome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts about that system once installed!

Get notified of new replies

To Armytrix & Akraprovic

Old 11-30-2016, 05:39 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Thanks for sharing looking forward to hearing the system. Are you thinking about adding a x-pipe anytime soon?
Old 11-30-2016, 06:49 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for sharing looking forward to hearing the system. Are you thinking about adding a x-pipe anytime soon?
I have the Corsa x-pipe installed already. Adding the Akrapovic should be insane!
Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 AM
Chazzmania
Pro

I have the Corsa x-pipe installed already. Adding the Akrapovic should be insane!
I am jealous I need to find a deal on them.

Quick Reply: Armytrix & Akraprovic