Sponsored by:

Traded my Beast for a Beauty

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Beauty and the Beast
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Traded my Beast for a Beauty

Well my Husband and I traded our C6 for a C7 Black 2016 Stingray!! On top if it we bought a manual trans!! This is my first car as a manual, as I never drove or owned a manual. My Husband told me our 3rd Vette would not be an automatic and I had to learn!! LOL Thankfully he is a great teacher and I learned in about an hour!

Not sure what mods we will be doing on her, we had her tinted, working on slapping black rims and gotta have an exhaust, maybe Borla or Hooker Blackheart- not sure just yet.

I do love this Vette, it is SO different from the C6. All it took was for me to sit in it and I was sold! It's an amazing car and I'm glad we went for the manual!!
Attached Images   
The following 6 users liked this post by Beauty and the Beast:
BobbyDunx (12-02-2016), corvette-22 (12-02-2016), Gonzo (12-03-2016), marc4427 (12-03-2016), proexpert (12-02-2016), Rebel Yell (12-02-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-02-2016, 03:24 PM
L8ter
Melting Slicks

Received 929 Likes on 522 Posts

Congratulations!
The following users liked this post:
Beauty and the Beast (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 03:26 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

A wifey and get a c7 and a stick car also. Has to be one lucky man.

Last edited by robert miller; 12-13-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Nice new C7!! You're going to love it even more after a few road trips. They drive soooo nice. Congrats!
Old 12-02-2016, 03:40 PM
DickieDoo
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 159 Posts

Glad to hear you are happy with the manual trans. it will still take you a little while to make shifting an autonomous brain function but when you do, you will enjoy the experience even more!
Old 12-02-2016, 03:49 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

You will love it once it becomes second nature to shift!!

BTW, that first picture made me think it was a convertible.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

That's a nice looking ride, congrats!
Old 12-02-2016, 03:59 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Beauty and the Beast
Well my Husband and I traded our C6 for a C7 Black 2016 Stingray!! On top if it we bought a manual trans!! This is my first car as a manual, as I never drove or owned a manual. My Husband told me our 3rd Vette would not be an automatic and I had to learn!! LOL Thankfully he is a great teacher and I learned in about an hour!

Not sure what mods we will be doing on her, we had her tinted, working on slapping black rims and gotta have an exhaust, maybe Borla or Hooker Blackheart- not sure just yet.

I do love this Vette, it is SO different from the C6. All it took was for me to sit in it and I was sold! It's an amazing car and I'm glad we went for the manual!!
Congrats on learning the manual!

This is my 4th Vette and the wife has not driven any of them. I have tried to get her to try but she is afraid I'd be mad if she hurts it. However I'm concerned if I have her SUV she could not come and get me if there is a problem.

Funny in the 1980's I had a Dodge Colt and she a Plymouth Champ (same car) both were sticks. Bought her a Chrysler when we moved south as we needed air conditioning. She didn't like the automatic so for her next car she got a Honda Accord with a stanadard trans and loved it. However that was much easier to drive, the trans shifted very easy and the clutch was light.

With the power in the Vette, the very large gears in the trans and heavy clutch needed it's not nearly as easy to drive. However just takes a while and when the trans is cold (especially in Winter) you may want to do what some do when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Skip 2nd and shift from 1st directly to 3rd until you drive about 5 miles and get the trans fluid warm.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

Congrats on learning the stick shift. It makes driving so much more immersive. Next up: get yourself a convertible.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Beauty and the Beast
Instructor

Originally Posted by robert miller
A wifey and get a c7 and a stick car also. Has be be one lucky man.
He knows how lucky he is

Originally Posted by Koufax
Congrats on learning the stick shift. It makes driving so much more immersive. Next up: get yourself a convertible.
Thank you! I thought I was rather cool learning in just under an hour~ I guess it's in my blood.

That Ram sitting next to it breaks my heart. I had to trade mine in to get my Vette.

Originally Posted by DickieDoo
Glad to hear you are happy with the manual trans. it will still take you a little while to make shifting an autonomous brain function but when you do, you will enjoy the experience even more!
First couple of days, I was rather nervous, I mean a bran new Vette, 7 gears... it can be very intimidation!! However as the days went on, I was able to get more comfortable. I just recently started going into 5th gear on the freeway! Getting there, just taking my time and learning everything I can! I'm very excited to get to 100% !! I can tell I will have a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by FLATJ
That Ram sitting next to it breaks my heart. I had to trade mine in to get my Vette.
O No!! Well hey at least you have a Vette!

I love Rams, we actually traded our 2011 Ram for the black one in the picture. She is a 5.7 Hemi Working on getting some nice tires, rims and lifting her up!

Originally Posted by davidtcpa
You will love it once it becomes second nature to shift!!

BTW, that first picture made me think it was a convertible.
LOL Didn't even notice that! It does look like a Vert!! She's got a big booty! I haven't had a chance to take some good pictures of her. Hopefully this weekend I can take some good ones!! I guess I have to replace my profile picture... Man, I loved that C6 though.. She was good to me.

Originally Posted by Hopper12
Nice new C7!! You're going to love it even more after a few road trips. They drive soooo nice. Congrats!
Thank you!! The ride is soooo different from the C6. Man o Man!

Originally Posted by JerryU
Congrats on learning the manual!

This is my 4th Vette and the wife has not driven any of them. I have tried to get her to try but she is afraid I'd be mad if she hurts it. However I'm concerned if I have her SUV she could not come and get me if there is a problem.

Funny in the 1980's I had a Dodge Colt and she a Plymouth Champ (same car) both were sticks. Bought her a Chrysler when we moved south as we needed air conditioning. She didn't like the automatic so for her next car she got a Honda Accord with a stanadard trans and loved it. However that was much easier to drive, the trans shifted very easy and the clutch was light.

With the power in the Vette, the very large gears in the trans and heavy clutch needed it's not nearly as easy to drive. However just takes a while and when the trans is cold (especially in Winter) you may want to do what some do when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Skip 2nd and shift from 1st directly to 3rd until you drive about 5 miles and get the trans fluid warm.

Aw man, you gotta get your Wife behind her!! Have faith in her like my Husband had in me You’re not kidding the clutch is very heavy, however I’ve never driven a different manual so I have nothing to compare it to.. Thanks for the tip!! My Husband and I will be taking it out this weekend, I want to practice more with downshifting.

Have you heard or used the “Rev Match”? My Husband told me about it and I’ve had it on, however he told me I shouldn’t really use it as he doesn’t want me to get use to it or depend on it. It’s a great feature though! It does help me with downshifting as I’m not too good with that yet.

Originally Posted by FLATJ
We are located in Riverside, California. Palm tress everywhere out here.

Congratulations and bravo on the standard! When my 2nd oldest daughter got her license and brought me to see the first car she wanted to buy it was a 5 speed. I pointed out that she didn't know how to drive a standard. She said the she knew I could teach her ... the next two cars she had after that were also standards.
Oh, also love black

Originally Posted by glava2876
Congratulations and bravo on the standard! When my 2nd oldest daughter got her license and brought me to see the first car she wanted to buy it was a 5 speed. I pointed out that she didn't know how to drive a standard. She said the she knew I could teach her ... the next two cars she had after that were also standards.
Oh, also love black
Thank you! Good for your Daughter!! I wish I had learned a long time ago, but I just didn't- However, never too late espically when your Husband gives you a choice of new C7 Mnual or keep the C6 Auto LOL~~

What type rims do you have? I like them!

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 12-03-2016 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post to make it look like this.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:03 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Congratulations and enjoy it .
Old 12-02-2016, 08:14 PM
my4thand last
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

all I can say is you will love it, nice C7 congrats
Old 12-02-2016, 09:12 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,347 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Congratulations on your new Vette.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:23 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Nice car and pictures!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,307 Likes on 13,978 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Congrats on moving up to a C7 - hope you enjoy the new ride.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:31 AM
jasonsbiz74
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats on the new Ride....My wife loves driving the manual trans now that she is used to it....Enjoy !
Old 12-03-2016, 09:33 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Congrats.on the C7, great color choice.

Get notified of new replies

To Traded my Beast for a Beauty

Old 12-03-2016, 09:58 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

He knows how lucky he is
He better a wife that post in here, Plus buying a corvette and a stick car. I bought my c7 the wife didn't know about it but then when I got home with it she told me I was going thur my THIRD child hood.

She said my second child hood was when I came home with the 65 vette.

You are for sure going to love the car. I told my self was never going to own a black car again. But when I saw this black conv 3lt with the red interior with the black. Just had to have it and went and got it.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Beauty and the Beast
Instructor

Originally Posted by robert miller
He better a wife that post in here, Plus buying a corvette and a stick car. I bought my c7 the wife didn't know about it but then when I got home with it she told me I was going thur my THIRD child hood.

She said my second child hood was when I came home with the 65 vette.

You are for sure going to love the car. I told my self was never going to own a black car again. But when I saw this black conv 3lt with the red interior with the black. Just had to have it and went and got it.
LOL Life is too short to not by Corvettes!! Black with red interior sounds HOT!! I wouldn't be able to pass it up either.. hopefully I have my black rims soon, tie it all together!
Old 12-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Beauty and the Beast
Instructor

This morning on my way to work was the first day, I actually felt I knew what I was doing!!
I’m still not comfortable enough to zip around as I did in my C6, but I’m definitely getting there!!

Quick Reply: Traded my Beast for a Beauty