Southern California Southern California

New owner please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 02:57 PM
anthony.simone
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner please help!

Hi everyone! I just bought my first Corvette a couple of months ago! It's a 2008 Z06 with 14k miles. I got a great deal on it in El Paso, TX. After eight years between a first and second gen CTS-V it was time for a sports car. So far the car has been great but I'm trying to track down the previous owner because I have some questions. The car has a K&N intake, an Aviaid scavenging pump, stainless brake lines, track pads that squeal like a stuck pig, tow hooks front and rear, a nice wide aluminum gas pedal for heel-toe downshifting, and a decal for a 2edge performance shop out of Southern California on the panel over the radiator. Based on the info in the nav the car was in Newport Beach, CA and was clearly somebody's track toy. That's fine and dandy because I plan on doing the same things with it but I'm trying find out what else may be done to the car. It has the mounting plates and holes in the carpet for a roll bar but I don't know which one so I can put one back in, and the throttle response feels like the car has been dyno tuned. If anybody can help I would greatly appreciate it! I'm already loving the camaraderie of the Corvette community and look forward to years of fun filled ownership! This is the shop sticker I was referring to.
The VIN

Stalking the Brigade physician's Lotus
The day I bought it

Already tore it apart to install a mesh grille!
Already ran it at the track!

Last edited by anthony.simone; 12-02-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:20 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony.simone
2edge performance shop
Websiteand phone inop. Nice ride!
Old 12-02-2016, 09:45 PM
anthony.simone
Cruising

Thanks! Yeah I tried contacting them. The only info I found on them was some stuff over on Camaro5.com from about five years ago. I have the carfax report, autocheck report, and the GM build and service history but unfortunately no info on any previous owners. Like I said the only info I have was the address from the nav. I suppose I could have gone total gumshoe and looked them up that way, but I deleted the info when I plugged my own in lol. Hopefully somebody on here will be familiar with the car and can point me in the right direction...
Old 12-04-2016, 03:43 AM
anthony.simone
Cruising

Bump
Old 12-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Well I would get it to a good shop like Cunningham Motorsports and have the tune checked before running it hard at the track.

DH
Old 12-04-2016, 06:44 PM
anthony.simone
Cruising

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Well I would get it to a good shop like Cunningham Motorsports and have the tune checked before running it hard at the track.

DH
I'm located in El Paso, TX. The car was bought by a local dealer at a regional auction. It seems to run great and I've already made a few passes in the 1/4 with no issues. From what I gather based on the mods this car has been raced plenty of times and feels pretty well sorted. I have a friend here with HPTuners Pro that can check if the car is even tuned or not. My main concern is tracking down the last owner to see what brand of roll bar was installed in the car so I can set about purchasing one or in the event that it was a custom job, have another one built.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony.simone
I'm located in El Paso, TX. The car was bought by a local dealer at a regional auction. It seems to run great and I've already made a few passes in the 1/4 with no issues. From what I gather based on the mods this car has been raced plenty of times and feels pretty well sorted. I have a friend here with HPTuners Pro that can check if the car is even tuned or not. My main concern is tracking down the last owner to see what brand of roll bar was installed in the car so I can set about purchasing one or in the event that it was a custom job, have another one built.
Well your friend can run a scan on the car and see whats going on with HPtuners. But unless it has a wideband you should take it to a shop and make sure its not running lean. Is LG Motorsports in your area.

DH
Old 12-05-2016, 08:36 AM
anthony.simone
Cruising

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Well your friend can run a scan on the car and see whats going on with HPtuners. But unless it has a wideband you should take it to a shop and make sure its not running lean. Is LG Motorsports in your area.

DH
Unfortunately there are no major shops in the area. My friend has a wideband so that's no issue. Also I'm located in a city that is at 4000 feet of altitude while the car, if tuned, was tuned at or near sea level. But anywho like I said my main concern is tracking down the previous owner so I can speak with him or her about the car
Old 12-05-2016, 03:49 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Lived in SoCal my whole life until moving last year, specifically the Orange County area...never heard of 2Edge. That said; visually...can you see any mods? CAI, suspension (shocks & sways), exhaust (LT's, x-pipe, mufflers, etc.)? Tailpipes kind of look like B&B exhaust, but the picture is a bit dark. Maybe you'll get lucky and see WCCH's etching on the heads if you pull off the FRC's? At any rate, you could post up some pics of the engine bay and various angles of the car...and even some pics of the roll bar mounting plates/bolt pattern and someone may recognize something.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:38 PM
anthony.simone
Cruising

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Lived in SoCal my whole life until moving last year, specifically the Orange County area...never heard of 2Edge. That said; visually...can you see any mods? CAI, suspension (shocks & sways), exhaust (LT's, x-pipe, mufflers, etc.)? Tailpipes kind of look like B&B exhaust, but the picture is a bit dark. Maybe you'll get lucky and see WCCH's etching on the heads if you pull off the FRC's? At any rate, you could post up some pics of the engine bay and various angles of the car...and even some pics of the roll bar mounting plates/bolt pattern and someone may recognize something.
From my research that shop was in Costa Mesa. The exhaust is OEM and the heads are stock GM castings but I don't know if they've been worked or not. I know the stock cam is a bit lumpy so I don't think it's been swapped. The shifter is OEM as well. The only visible mods are tow hooks front and rear, stainless brake lines, a K&N intake, and an Aviaid belt driven scavenging pump. The suspension appears to be stock too. I'll post pics of the engine bay and the mounting points for the roll bar as soon as I can take some. The mounting points are right behind the seats on the side at the floor and about 2/3 of the way toward the front of the trunk area.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Mistrezz 06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 179 Likes on 140 Posts

One thing for sure you should checked is if the OEM valves were changed, they tend to fail and cause major damage. You can check with your VIN if the year of your Z is at risk. Hope you can find the past owner, good luck.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:39 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistrezz 06
One thing for sure you should checked is if the OEM valves were changed, they tend to fail and cause major damage. You can check with your VIN if the year of your Z is at risk. Hope you can find the past owner, good luck.
All years are at risk...anything with an LS7 which includes the 427 verts and the Camaro Z28's can and have failed.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:31 PM
anthony.simone
Cruising

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
All years are at risk...anything with an LS7 which includes the 427 verts and the Camaro Z28's can and have failed.
A good set of heads is in the plans. I already have a Lingenfelter GT17 cam in the garage for it that I got in a parts deal. I'm also looking to do the MSD Airforce intake and throttle body, Kooks or American Racing headers and X-pipe with cats, and convert it to flex fuel. The goal is to have a nice little race car with good street manners that I can register almost anywhere since I still have a few years left in the army. I'd just like to save myself extra work by knowing what I'm starting with. I haven't driven any other Z06 so I don't know what a stock one feels like. The DA here was at 4500 feet when I ran it in the 1/4 and it trapped 116mph.

Get notified of new replies

To New owner please help!

Quick Reply: New owner please help!