C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Dash problems gauges/dash turning off while driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:53 PM
KostaT26
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default HELP!!! Dash problems gauges/dash turning off while driving

Backstory
This problem started happening right after ecs 1500/longtubeheaders/alky/tune install
At first I was getting a service battery msg at random times it would go on and off
Then that stopped now my dash and gauges turn off at random while driving but car still runs good

I'm scared to take it to dealer , because I don't want them messing up my tune and alky control . Today I had a friend that owns a shop run my codes and try to figure it out

These are the codes i had
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2016, 07:55 PM
KostaT26
Instructor

This the other page
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2016, 08:05 AM
KostaT26
Instructor

No1 has any ideas��
Old 12-07-2016, 09:26 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Call ECS and see how they wired the meth into your car. Most shops will do wiring the same way all the time, That way it is like a one step thing.

If they didn't wire into nothing that works the dash wiring, I really don't see that from the meth install, plus sure not from install of the LT headers. I would take it into the dealer tell them headers and the meth was added. To please look at under warr work and for sure not to mess with the tune on the car. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 12-07-2016 at 05:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KostaT26 (12-07-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 10:14 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

We do all the meth wiring in the back of the car, take the rear cover off and see if anything looks loose. Of course you're more then welcome to come here anytime at your convenience and we'll take a look for you.

Also take a look at the fuse box to mounted properly, that has to get removed when doing headers.
KostaT26 (12-07-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 10:38 AM
KostaT26
Instructor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We do all the meth wiring in the back of the car, take the rear cover off and see if anything looks loose. Of course you're more then welcome to come here anytime at your convenience and we'll take a look for you.

Also take a look at the fuse box to mounted properly, that has to get removed when doing headers.
I went over the whole wiring and re did the meth install step by step that way I could check all the wiring everything works and seems fine. Also checked most of the grounds while doing my wide body conversion everything is nice and tight... I'm thinking I might have a bad battery because before my dash problems when I got my car back my battery would get random spikes and throw random service battery codes then when all that stopped that's when my dash problems started happening. And it usually does it after heavy acceleration cause I think my system is trying to recharge the battery and spikes the voltage messing with the bcm
Old 12-07-2016, 10:42 AM
KostaT26
Instructor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS

Doug also I've been trying to see if I could swap to a novi2200 unit or maybe pulley change but every time I've called the secretary gets my info and I never get a call back I'm 3 phone calls in I gave up trying to call if u can pm me with how I can go about swapping my unit out and sending mine back as a core if that's an option I would appreciate it . I have like 2k miles on my 1500
Old 12-07-2016, 03:49 PM
KostaT26
Instructor

So my battery is good had it checked with my brights on ac up and rpm at 3-4K my alternator showing 15.5 16 the guy said that the alternator is overcharging my battery? Is that normal with a supercharger or supercharger doesn't effect alternator charging ? Possibly need new alternator ? At 10k miles
Old 12-07-2016, 05:22 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KostaT26
So my battery is good had it checked with my brights on ac up and rpm at 3-4K my alternator showing 15.5 16 the guy said that the alternator is overcharging my battery? Is that normal with a supercharger or supercharger doesn't effect alternator charging ? Possibly need new alternator ? At 10k miles
Buddy I think the reading from the alt will read like this but will be lower at the batt reading in these cars.. I don't think it will be your alternator.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

I would look for a loose ground wire. Check the grounds that hooks to the frame on the driverside just in front of the electric vacuum pump. I've seen a few guys leave one of those loose and cause weird electrical gremlins.
KostaT26 (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 11:37 AM
KostaT26
Instructor

I checked all the grounds on driver side and passenger side frame inside engine bay took out the fuse box and everything around it to check the grounds underneath grounds inside car and back of car all harnesses and grounds all wires around headers everything is nice and tight and not melted ..... I found one harness underneath my headers by oil filter that prolly went to an 02 sensor I'm guessing it doesn't reach to anything I can see visible that can be plugged in (pic attached)
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2016, 09:28 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

Rear r front 02 sensor hook up you are correct. from above statement on the ground did you play with the ground wires to make sure not loose. Like really made sure the nut is really good and bolted down.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:18 AM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

If you can't figure it out I would remove the meth kit connections to your cars power and see if you can still replicate the issue. Can you replicate with out full throttle? If you are tuned for meth don't go wot with out it
Old 12-11-2016, 01:40 AM
KostaT26
Instructor

Update changed my alternator and car is charging normal now drove about 100 miles today with no issues. Voltage regulator in alternator went bad I guess at 10k miles.... idk why it would go bad that early. I'm thinking the heat from my long tube headers. THinking about making sone kind of heat shield for the back of the alternator to prevent from new one going bad

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!!! Dash problems gauges/dash turning off while driving

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Dash problems gauges/dash turning off while driving