C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Smoother Touring Mode-DSC controller or Chevy Rough Track Calibration or others?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 09:17 AM
ffr1352
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Smoother Touring Mode-DSC controller or Chevy Rough Track Calibration or others?

I would like to have a smoother ride when in touring mode for attenuating those highway expansion joints/bumps/etc., and although going with non runflat tires at 30 psi has helped, wanted to see what other options may work.

Has anyone tried the Chevy Performance Parts Corvette rough surface track suspension calibration 2016 models p/n 23396303, and is it better than using touring mode at the track to tune out bumps?

Anyone try the DSC Controller for retuning touring mode so it is Cadillac smooth?

I tried setting the car in track mode and then "wet setting" but didn't find the ride any different than touring mode and it killed engine power.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

DSC Controller does make a noticeable difference when cruising down the highway but it doesn't help with expansion joint or pothole type hits but that is the beauty of the system, you should be able to tune it for that as well.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:42 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I believe the chevy rough track only makes track mode a bit smoother. It wouldn't do anything for your tour.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:52 AM
vntgmbk
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ffr1352
I would like to have a smoother ride when in touring mode for attenuating those highway expansion joints/bumps/etc., and although going with non runflat tires at 30 psi has helped, wanted to see what other options may work.

Has anyone tried the Chevy Performance Parts Corvette rough surface track suspension calibration 2016 models p/n 23396303, and is it better than using touring mode at the track to tune out bumps?

Anyone try the DSC Controller for retuning touring mode so it is Cadillac smooth?

I tried setting the car in track mode and then "wet setting" but didn't find the ride any different than touring mode and it killed engine power.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Do you have a 15/16 or a 17? The engineers at Carlisle claimed this was being addressed in the 17 model and they were supposed to make a larger ride quality delta between sport and touring mode in the 17 models so I was curious if you have a 17 or not?
Old 01-08-2017, 12:50 PM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Received 6,143 Likes on 3,377 Posts

I seems there is a real opportunity out there for DSC and it's distributors to provide a table oriented to those that are looking for the smoothest ride in touring mode. Could increase sales.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Davidryan1987
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Does The Dsc Controller Void Powertrain Warranty?
Old 01-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Not sure how much rough track mode smooths the ride Vs making it easier for the tires to hook up when exposed to a bumpy surface. I know I started thinking about the rough track calibration when I was at CMP in October where I was getting rear wheel spin at WOT in 3rd gear when hitting bumps on the track at two track locations. These bumps were not pot holes but raised or lowered points in the surface and the rear wheels had trouble following the pavement surface. I really couldn't see them that well but I knew when I hit them.

Bill
Old 01-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidryan1987
Does The Dsc Controller Void Powertrain Warranty?
I don't think anybody can say for sure but my car has been in for several warranty repairs since I installed the controller. They were all related to the airbag system, exhaust, and trans and I never heard a peep about the controller. Truthfully unless you start having suspension control module issues I doubt anybody would notice. If you do have issues the throw the stock controller back in.
The following 2 users liked this post by Poor-sha:
cvp33 (01-09-2017), Rookieracer (01-09-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 03:17 AM
MacManInfi
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the DSC controller and have modified the touring tables for a smoother ride according to DSC's recommendations and holy crap is it smooth!!! I'm happy to share the file with anyone who wants a smoother ride in tour. It's the only table I have modified. I can also post the changes for anyone who wants to duplicate it. Cadillac smooth, no joke. Easy to adjust and tune to your liking.

I'm 110% happy with the DSC unit. The best purchase I have made for the car so far.
Uploading the new suspension tune through a USB cable.

Last edited by MacManInfi; 01-10-2017 at 03:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
65sohc (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 10:53 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

MacMan, great work , send me your file to review it, and have you used the setting tab and gone into Zero Travel? if not do its simple
1a Make sure you are on a level surface check air in the tires driver wt on seat then follow:
1 key on
2 plug in USB
3 go into setting tab
4 press Zero Travel
5 follow dialog it will show in hex all four dampers say OK
6 thats it

Originally Posted by MacManInfi
I have the DSC controller and have modified the touring tables for a smoother ride according to DSC's recommendations and holy crap is it smooth!!! I'm happy to share the file with anyone who wants a smoother ride in tour. It's the only table I have modified. I can also post the changes for anyone who wants to duplicate it. Cadillac smooth, no joke. Easy to adjust and tune to your liking.

I'm 110% happy with the DSC unit. The best purchase I have made for the car so far.
Uploading the new suspension tune through a USB cable.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:42 PM
MacManInfi
Racer

I tried to zero the travel but didn't realize the car needed to be on. I'll go back and do that.

Here is a link to the file. The only thing I modified was the shock calibration table, setting the shocks to full soft up to 15%.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B86...ew?usp=sharing
BEZ06 (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 01:10 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

...Here is a link to the file. The only thing I modified was the shock calibration table, setting the shocks to full soft up to 15%.

Thanks very much!!!

I just took a look at your calibration file, and I'm pretty sure from looking at it that I know the answer.

Do you have OE shocks, or Tractive shocks??

Looking at your shock table I see 1ma for 0%-15.6%, up to 1000ma at 100%.

As I understand it, the stock shocks are full soft at 0ma (or the 1ma in your file) - is that correct?

I believe the Tractive shocks are opposite that - with full stiffness at 0ma.

In that case your table is for the OE shocks - is that right??

Just want to make sure I can upload to my car with stock shocks!!

I haven't downloaded and saved the standard DSC file that's in my car now, so I'll need to do that before loading yours in - or, simply change my shock table to mirror yours and rename it similar to yours.

TIA

Last edited by BEZ06; 01-10-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:22 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

on our site you will find both the tractive and mag pdts files you want the mag file. you have what i think is the stock shock not the tractive
yes they are opposite in the shock cal send me your email ill email you the files if you want from my laptop

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Thanks very much!!!

I just took a look at your calibration file, and I'm pretty sure from looking at it that I know the answer.

As I understand it, the stock shocks are full soft at 0ma (or the 1ma in your file) - is that correct?

I haven't downloaded and saved the standard DSC file that's in my car now, so I'll need to do that before loading yours in - or, simply change my shock table to mirror yours and rename it similar to yours.

TIA

BEZ06 (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 01:41 PM
MacManInfi
Racer

You are correct! That's good to point out. My file is for OE shocks. I only bought the controller.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:34 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Im sorry I did not see the attachment brilliant good job. Im attaching a modification to your shock cal table and also look at sensativity in the Gtable
i went softer globally by interpolating from 10% back to 100%
as well the sensitivity is increased you may find a better ride yet
Let me Know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQ...ew?usp=sharing

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Thanks very much!!!

TIA

Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2017, 02:41 PM
MacManInfi
Racer

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
you may find a better ride yet
Let me Know.g[/url]
Cool! I'll give it a shot once it stops raining. Hopefully this weekend.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:42 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

try my updated file look at sensitivity and shock cal

I tried to zero the travel but didn't realize the car needed to be on. I'll go back and do that.

Here is a link to the file. The only thing I modified was the shock calibration table, setting the shocks to full soft up to 15%.

Get notified of new replies

To Smoother Touring Mode-DSC controller or Chevy Rough Track Calibration or others?

Old 01-10-2017, 02:59 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

sorry i did not have the permissions tuned on try this

fleming23 (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 03:11 PM
wstaab
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 129 Posts

Does the record function allow data logging to a PC while driving the vehicle?
Going to the track Friday (71 degrees) to test the controller, 2016 Z06/Z07 configuration.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:43 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

yes first setup the what you want to log in switched inputs then send that close and go into the record. use the buttons to operate the recorder. you must stop the recording before closing or the program will crash. also to save the recording follow the prompt at the bottom of the recorder under save. then when you want to view open the recorder and play back.

Originally Posted by wstaab
Does the record function allow data logging to a PC while driving the vehicle?
Going to the track Friday (71 degrees) to test the controller, 2016 Z06/Z07 configuration.
MacManInfi (01-10-2017)

Quick Reply: Smoother Touring Mode-DSC controller or Chevy Rough Track Calibration or others?