C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight halo ring diameters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:33 PM
Craig Giordano
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight halo ring diameters?

Ive searched high and low to the ends of the earth and nowhere can i find the diameters of the rings in the headlights. Plenty of write ups and videos on oracle installs but no specs. Id prefer to order the rings prior to taking my lights apart. So if any of you have a open headlight or a pair of halo/angel eyes laying around and could measure the diameters that would be great!

Thanks and advance.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:11 AM
zryder07
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Darn.. I recently finished my Oracle brand halo C6 install. Wish I took a measurement but it's all done and installed. I do have the fog light kit still uninstalled. If you would like those measurements, I can easily do that.

PS- It took me 3 oven runs on each headlight as I was very careful and the factory sealant cools off kinda quick. I also had to slightly grind my chrome bezels so I may correctly route the wires to where they are not visible at all and have the LED ring mount flush flat. Was a fun project and I get many compliments on the white LED halo look. They are clearly visible in mid day also! Post pics when done too!
Old 05-16-2017, 10:48 PM
SloVette05
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever find out the dimensions? Curious myself for the same reason.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:18 AM
Corsair79
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zryder07
PS- It took me 3 oven runs on each headlight as I was very careful and the factory sealant cools off kinda quick. I also had to slightly grind my chrome bezels so I may correctly route the wires to where they are not visible at all and have the LED ring mount flush flat. Was a fun project and I get many compliments on the white LED halo look. They are clearly visible in mid day also! Post pics when done too!
I've had some Orion V2 halos that I am finally getting ready to install and have everything disassembled. You mentioned you ground your chrome bezels - how exactly did you route your wires? Unfortunately my LED rings have the wires coming out vertical rather than out the back of the ring. Did you drill a hole in the housing to route the wires or did you pull the wires through the chrome bezel? Also, where did you mount or secure the controller boxes?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2019, 08:42 AM
Corsair79
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Ended up grinding the chrome bezels to make room. Fairly simple job and happy how it turned out.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight halo ring diameters?

Quick Reply: Headlight halo ring diameters?