Sponsored by:

Hendrick-Cary, NC review

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 10:33 PM
most-wanted
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hendrick-Cary, NC review

All I can say is wow. What an amazing experience. I have been shopping for a 17 GS for weeks. Since this would be an addition I needed total OTD to be as minimal as possible. I came to grips with a 1LT because I just couldn't afford the 2LT. I really wanted white with PDR but everyone I found was loaded 2LT's. I was going to buy at MacMulkin but the whole no DMV title work but collect taxes and wait for reimbursement checks just didn't excite me. I negotiated a deal with Hendrick in NC even though it was slightly more(not much) on a red 1LT. From the start it was on point and easy going from promptly returned phone calls, etc. Asked to leave a deposit and they said not necessary, car has been pulled and keys are set aside. Looked online later that night to look at pics and they even pulled it from their website. Lots of dealers leave that stuff up for weeks just to pull interest. Flew in Sun. They picked me up early am at the hotel and we get the deal done. My hats off to the Hendrick team. So I know a lot of people look for these wholesale dealers but definitely consider the traditional guys like Hendrick because there is more to a deal than just the initial purchase price which in this case was on par even before they upgraded me. Sorry for the ramble but felt compelled to inform people how well cared for my deal became by the Hendrick Team.

Thank you Napolean Bonaparte, Bob Stevenson, and Tony the Head of Automall team for making it all happen. You went above and beyond any dealer I have ever seen in my 30 years of car buying experience. My hats off to you and I'll touch base in a few days to figure out a replacement for the wife A super happy Corvette owner....
Attached Images      

Last edited by most-wanted; 03-25-2017 at 05:58 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by most-wanted:
Foosh (01-19-2017), JerryU (01-18-2017), Landru (01-19-2017), Rebel Yell (01-19-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 10:56 PM
Skippydoo
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Wow....awesome story
Old 01-18-2017, 11:05 PM
most-wanted
Advanced

Originally Posted by Skippydoo
Wow....awesome story
Thanks. Hard to express the context and timing. But when your wife calls crying that someone just hit her and destroyed her car it puts you in panic mode. Then the vette had a glitch they were sorting out and then they hit me with we want to get you on the road and this is how we are gonna help you. It's amazing. Just had to share.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:34 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

I purchased my 2015 Silverado from the same place. They are easy to work with. Glad they made a sweet deal for you!
Old 01-18-2017, 11:56 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,624 Likes on 6,628 Posts

That is where I ordered my 2014 C7 in early 2013- before the prices were announced!

I was #9 in their order line. They were the only ones I found who were taking orders that early. I called several times to be sure I was still #9. Salesman said yes and you will be unless Jeff Gordon wants one then you'll move to # 10! I remained #9!

Great folks to do business with.

Last edited by JerryU; 01-19-2017 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:00 AM
most-wanted
Advanced

Originally Posted by JerryU
That is where I ordered my 2013 C7 in early 2013- before the prices were announced!

I was #9 in their order line. They were the only ones I found who were taking orders that early. I called several times to be sure I was still #9. Salesman said yes and you will be unless Jeff Gordon wants one then you'll move to # 10! I remained #9!

Great folks to do business with.
Too funny on JG. I am beyond impressed. Glad it worked out for you as well.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:14 AM
revilingfool
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I am super happy to hear that you had a great experience. I have been working there since march and 95% of the time I see the same experiences happen to customers.

It pains me to read all of the negative comments about dealers on this website sometimes, as I feel we are straight shooters.

Thank you for your comments, if you ever have questions or need a contact on this site feel free to PM me anytime, even if its just with previous purchase stuff. If this is your first c7, and there is so much tech packed into these vehicles now its difficult to remember everything upon delivery.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:22 AM
most-wanted
Advanced

Originally Posted by revilingfool
I am super happy to hear that you had a great experience. I have been working there since march and 95% of the time I see the same experiences happen to customers.

It pains me to read all of the negative comments about dealers on this website sometimes, as I feel we are straight shooters.

Thank you for your comments, if you ever have questions or need a contact on this site feel free to PM me anytime, even if its just with previous purchase stuff. If this is your first c7, and there is so much tech packed into these vehicles now its difficult to remember everything upon delivery.
Thanks. Yes this is my first C7. Had C6 Z06, not even close. But am an airline pilot and race cars so I better be able to figure this thing out even if I gotta read the books lol... In all seriousness, the car is awesome. And it's def a technical marvel. I really appreciate the offer. If I need anything I'll reach out. I was at Vengeance today with my buddy Ron going over some stuff and the car is just amazing from dash/gauge set ups etc. Truly impressive. I've gotta handle my wife's dilemma next few days/week but then will play with the vette more once I get her stuff sorted. May try and get back over there to get her a car. Gotta keep Momma happy Thanks for reaching out. Nothing but praise on my end.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:26 AM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Congrats on the gorgeous car! Glad you found a dealer to work with. That is truly an amazing experience. The 2lt features really make the car IMHO.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:16 AM
JC 2004
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

I used to be in the business and have to say Hendricks City Chevrolet in Charlotte NC is very well run as well.

They didn't upgrade me from my 2lz to a 3lz but they still were a pleasure to work with.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:12 AM
dbaker
Melting Slicks

Received 263 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by JC 2004
I used to be in the business and have to say Hendricks City Chevrolet in Charlotte NC is very well run as well.

They didn't upgrade me from my 2lz to a 3lz but they still were a pleasure to work with.
I bought my '17 Z51 from City Chev in Charlotte.I got the best price of the big dealers and they beat it on an ordered car.

Very happy with my experience as well.

\db2
Attached Images  

Last edited by dbaker; 01-19-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Hrlyrdr22
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Cool story, glad you found a dealer that took care of you!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:57 AM
gpmarsha
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my '15 3LT vert Museum Delivery from City Chev in Charlotte. You don't get a large as Hendricks with poor customer care.
Very happy with my experience as well.

Last edited by gpmarsha; 01-19-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:14 AM
undercooked chicken
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on your beauty! Looks awesome. I almost bought a 2016 Z06 from them. They advertised $11k off than they started hitting me with hidden fees like a trade in rebate, finance rebate and a $698 processing fee. That $11k started to shrink real fast. Dumped them and went elsewhere to buy my Z06. I'm glad you had a better experience.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:22 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,924 Likes on 4,809 Posts

Very impressive customer service. They really know how to treat people and can certainly understand your becoming a loyal customer.
I deal with a smaller local dealership Van Bortel Chevrolet. I pay a bit more but it is worth it to me. Outstanding service in all areas and no worries when I bring it in for service.
Your new Vette looks super, congratulations and enjoy it.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Blue666's
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Glad your experience was so positive! Hope your wife is ok too. I went to the same dealership and was looking at GS's. Talked to a black salesman that was really nice, and as soon as I said I was interested in a GS, he said, "I'm their Corvette expert here and we'll beat any price on a new GS". I then replied, "cool, I had originally been talking to MacMulkin, so I'm glad I can keep my money local!" At that moment he began back-tracking so fast he almost fell and hurt himself.

They wouldn't come within $3,000 of the MacMulkin price. (And this would be a custom-order, they would have no capital tied up in inventory) And I'm sorry, any dealer that charges a $699 'administration fee' needs to re-examine their business model. That sort of charge is simply insulting. I'll be ordering from MacMulkin and avoiding all the BS.

Congrats on your new car, though. Hope you have many trouble-free miles!
Old 01-19-2017, 12:03 PM
siglite
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Man those white C7s look good. I bought a black one. But I just wanted a Z06 because I'm a performance junkie. I wouldn't have cared if it was snot green, because the price was right, so I went for it. But ohhhhh do I wish it looked like that.

Last edited by siglite; 01-19-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hendrick-Cary, NC review

Old 01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

most-wanted,
I too started my C7 search with Hendrick at the same location. While they were helpful and courteous, price wise they were several thousand higher than the competition and would not negotiate although I tried to keep the money spent local. Landed up going to one of the big east coast Corvette dealers. That was one year ago. From your thread and others I've talked to, I think the Cary NC dealership has had a change in tactics and are trying to be more competitive price wise than they were.
However, I do take my C7 to Hendrick of Cary for all it's maintenance work. We'll see what happens next time I'm in the market.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:55 PM
most-wanted
Advanced

Thanks for all the compliments. I only have a few things to say about Macmulkin which I wasn't going to mention but feel the need after some of the comments. While Macmulkin advertises great prices they changed the price by over $1000 on me in 3 days. One time they didn't return a call and the tags changed so the price jumped $1000. Then they said they would work with me but said I had til noon to pay for the car in full. Then they don't take credit cards to hold. They take full tax money but don't do any of the paperwork so you are stuck either double paying until the return check arrives or you just wait it out. Then add in $1500 for shipping and it just didn't make sense. I know they sell cheap but they do nothing paperwork wise and just roll it on to the truck. Here are the facts. My 1lt car deal with Hendrick was identical to Macmulkin after figuring in the $1500 for shipping vs flying up NC and driving it home. Once my deal changed due to Hendrick going above and beyond my deal ended up several thousand cheaper than Macmulkin on an identical 2lt. Take it for what it's worth but the general saying you get what you pay for applies here. Let me mention one other thing I forgot. They threw in 6 oil changes and tire/wheel protection package for free. I couldn't even get Macmulkin to respond to emails or phone calls They seem like nice guys but the advertised deal wasn't the actual price in my situation and for me adding in the freight and tax hurdle made it a no brainer to go with Hendrick. I recommend everyone just look at their deals closely and take everything into consideration and go from there. Everyone's deals are different with location etc. basic car buying 101 really. Once my wife's car is fixed I'll go to Hendrick and get the wife either a MB, RangeRover, or Lexus to show my appreciation.

As for a few other mentioned things. My wife and son are fine. Damage isn't terrible but it needs a front bumper cover, headlight, left fender, left ft tire, and possibly a few other things. It gets fixed Monday.

And thanks for the compliments on the car. I love the white. Did the black badges today so appearance is done other than lowering it slightlynext week and then goes to Vengeance for mods It will see Daytona, Sebring, and other tracks soon enough.
Attached Images     

Last edited by most-wanted; 01-19-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:20 PM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm glad your experience was good.

I bought my 15 Z51 from Hendrick Durham and got an 'OK' price at the time. They have provided me with good service and pricing on parts. Nobody even bothered to talk to me when I was looking at Cary's inventory, so I left. IIRC, all their 2015 C7's had markups on them at the time as well (9/14).

When shopping for full size pickups, they lost my business. All their trucks are tacked-on with silly, over-priced add-ons. When I asked why they were all configured like that, the salesman said, 'because that's how people want them.'

Right.

Quick Reply: Hendrick-Cary, NC review