C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

need help wondering if anyone experienced this and can it be tunes out completely

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Rtorevell
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help wondering if anyone experienced this and can it be tunes out completely

my problem is that i cant do a burn out or even brake the tires loose at any speed the traction controll button dont turn off or on nothing seems to be working properly i track this car and sometimes weekend warrior. i had it tuned and all is good but still cant do a freaking burnout push brake in car goes to 1800 rpm thats all and also wont launch by holding the brake and giving it gas and i was told the ebcm is bad and thats what is causing this by my tuner told be this.so what can i do to get rid of it do i have to tune it or can i do something re wire something etc to bypass it so it dont do anything like retard my timing set the brakes etc?? im literally losing my mind lol also what other issues would do this?? not allow me to do a burnout or launch the car taking any and all answers thanks wondering if i can play with the tq anagement settings and completely disable the whole traction controll retard timing deal and if that wil jsut get rid of my whole t/c button ebtcm etc... please someone hs to know what im talking about just ant to see if i can do this before spending 00 to unlock my computer and another 00 for the tuner time

cam,headers,stall, etc...
car amde cose to 400 whp

Last edited by Rtorevell; 01-19-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Do a search and fix the EBCM. There's dozens of threads on it.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:09 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

TQ management, abuse and some of the traction control related to the engine can be tuned out.

but you can't tune out the functioning of the brake portion of the traction control.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:42 AM
Rtorevell
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes your right many people have told me what to do and what to look for. I have code c1255 hc its the only one that comes back and that means malfunction internal ebcm. Or what ever i checked power and grounds already and all good. Still does it so im asking what can a guy GET IN THE TQ TABLES AND MESS WITH IT AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL ALLOW ME TO DOA BURNOT AND LAUNCH?

Last edited by Rtorevell; 01-20-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:27 AM
RedRiderZR1
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rtorevell
Yes your right many people have told me what to do and what to look for. I have code c1255 hc its the only one that comes back and that means malfunction internal ebcm. Or what ever i checked power and grounds already and all good. Still does it so im asking what can a guy GET IN THE TQ TABLES AND MESS WITH IT AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL ALLOW ME TO DOA BURNOT AND LAUNCH?
My car had a failed EBCM with the C1255 Code as well. Traction Control, Active Handling, ABS messages lighting up like a christmas tree. Had no issues getting the car loose at all. But all my Torque Management tables were maxed out, basically killing Traction Control. So your options are to fix the EBCM and turn the system off when you want too, or have someone go in and max out your Torque Management tables. Actually I would, and did, both.

Get notified of new replies

To need help wondering if anyone experienced this and can it be tunes out completely

Quick Reply: need help wondering if anyone experienced this and can it be tunes out completely