C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How the bits and bobs are spoiling my experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Ostendadler
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default How the bits and bobs are spoiling my experience

Hi Guys,

I'm having the most annoying problem on my base model. My rear view mirror just "broke" and now cannot hold steady. Some bits and pieces broke off from inside and now I have to tape it to keep it from falling. World class!

I've seen people attempt to fix it but I don't think its the smart way to go for me as its just postponing the inevitable.

The Chevy dealer in Dubai is as always asking me 5 times the price of the mirror to order the part so i'm considering ordering online.

Also my driver door switch cover is dented (my fault) and it looks like trash. I've been looking for the cap but can't find the part number. Do you guys know what it is? I've searched quite extensively and only get the full thing not the cap only.

Not sure if this would fall in tech since its purely "interior". Apologies if it is.

Last edited by Ostendadler; 01-21-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:58 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Ostendadler
Hi Guys,

I'm having the most annoying problem on my base model. My rear view mirror just "broke" and now cannot hold steady. Some bits and pieces broke off from inside and now I have to tape it to keep it from falling. World class!

I've seen people attempt to fix it but I don't think its the smart way to go for me as its just postponing the inevitable.

The Chevy dealer in Dubai is as always asking me 5 times the price of the mirror to order the part so i'm considering ordering online.

Also my driver door switch cover is dented (my fault) and it looks like trash. I've been looking for the cap but can't find the part number. Do you guys know what it is? I've searched quite extensively and only get the full thing not the cap only.

Not sure if this would fall in tech since its purely "interior". Apologies if it is.
I'm not sure what year your car is, but I got some part numbers for 2009-2011, but i would think they would be similar for all the years since it's a common panel.
It appears that the part number for the door lock switch bezel is:15895469
They are available from most places that sell parts electronically on the internet.
Example
RELEASE SWITCH BEZEL - GM (15895469)
List Price: $47.97
You Save: $15.74 (33% off)
Sale Price: $32.23

Here are the door panel component Part numbers;

Here is a link to GM part numbers for further info:

http://www.autoricambi-euroamerica.c...ofessional.pdf
Old 01-22-2017, 01:26 AM
Ostendadler
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here are the suspects:

Those damages where inherited from the first owner ( a woman with nails used the buttons a lot).

As the for the mirror I have no idea what could have caused that "used effect". I'm glad to let it go.

I'm not a native english speaker so I want to make sure i'm ordering the right thing here. I have the impression that the bezel is this:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Old 01-22-2017, 02:02 AM
HK770
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/auto...indshield-scat

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/auto...trim-door-scat

Maybe call .... best I found.....luck
Old 01-22-2017, 04:49 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Ostendadler
Here are the suspects:

Those damages where inherited from the first owner ( a woman with nails used the buttons a lot).

As the for the mirror I have no idea what could have caused that "used effect". I'm glad to let it go.

I'm not a native english speaker so I want to make sure i'm ordering the right thing here. I have the impression that the bezel is this:

YES/ that is the bezel (#15 in the diagram) but will look like the next picture below

Spoiler

THIS BEZEL is what #15 Bezel looks like
Spoiler

This is the buttons for the climate control GM Part # 25938052 . The entire unit has to be replaced, the buttons are not replaceable.

Spoiler

Part # 15218747

See Above in RED

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 01-22-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To How the bits and bobs are spoiling my experience

Quick Reply: How the bits and bobs are spoiling my experience