C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b2723 Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 03:32 PM
bairdc3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b2723 Car won't start

Here is the steps I have done and before I start removing the dash and replacing parts want to narrow this down.

Code is B2723 and is a H and C code Current

Both my spare key and current key have the same ohm reading.

With key in ignition the security light blinks.

With key in ignition and in the on position. The security light remains on let sit for 10+ minutes the security light never goes out.

Removed the TDR relay and jumped purple to red with no key, and the starter will turn the car over. (Did not attempt to start car)
Old 01-21-2017, 11:46 PM
bairdc3
Intermediate

I think it is the rollers in the picture you sent I took the cylinder lock out and got as close as I could and if that picture is a bad one, then mine is worse. Before I spend the 75+ and locksmith, I thought I would just daisy chain some resistor together and close the loop with the right resistance to match my keys.

I also tried wrapping aluminum foil around the key at the pellet to no avail.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:48 AM
bairdc3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
I'm not a fan of bypassing the C5's security system but if that is what you want to do, here is a chart of the resistance ranges for the 15 possible keys for the C5. You need to have a resistance in the range for your key in series between the ends of the wires in the connector :

Me neither, but merely a $3.00 test to ensure that I am going to be replacing the right part.

Thanks for the table, I built my resistance module tonight and I was concerned I could get close to my key but not exactly I was within a 75ohms, but now that I read the table I am over 100ohms past the min threshold.

Unfortunately can't test it started raining and my car is in the driveway from being dropped off last night from the tow company. Hopefully that is it, and if so I am all queued up with a $75 ignition cylinder with a brand new pellet sensor (if that is what it is called). I may go ahead and buy a few new keys and get them done while at the locksmith. Hopefully I can find one that can rekey the cylinder.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:56 AM
bairdc3
Intermediate

So creating resistor bypass worked and the lock cylinder was the problem. THanks for your help, now off to order a new ignition cylinder.

Get notified of new replies

To b2723 Car won't start

Quick Reply: b2723 Car won't start