C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atomic Orange At Sunrise

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 10:07 PM
ForceFedC4
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Atomic Orange At Sunrise

On the way to work this morning I felt compelled to stop and take a picture as the sunrise presented a worthwhile photo-op.

On the way home I was hoping for a nice sunset to get some photos with a huge rock formation as the backdrop but some guy in a Chrysler 200 had other plans. Guy gets mad that he couldn't pass me / cut me off on a merge so he rides my bumper and throws up the middle finger while screaming.. I could see him literally screaming at the top of his lungs and signaling for me to "pull over."

I wasn't going to entertain this idea as the irate driver was trying to crash into my car, and proceeded to "brake check" me after I let him pass me. He decided to try and follow me later, which probably wouldn't end well for him considering I was armed and work in the field of law enforcement. So.. maybe I'll get those sunset photos next time.

People sure are funny aren't they?
The following users liked this post:
ocboy (02-22-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 10:12 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Beautiful pic!
Old 02-21-2017, 11:58 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Cool pic I think I'd been tempted to be a few minutes late to work and just stay there taking more shots until the sun peaked over the trees. Then again, keeping the job is a concern, but the setting is perfect.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:15 AM
ocboy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice! I don't get to see the sunrise that often as I'm usually asleep. Good job on keeping your cool. Road rage is no joke. Reminds me of an incident about a year ago when two guys were road raging in Arizona. One guy shot at the other guy and killed the little girl in the back seat. He also had a little boy that was fortunately unharmed. Imagine losing your life, or worse, your kid's life over some stupid road rage. Not worth it.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:50 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Nice shot!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:59 AM
ForceFedC4
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ocboy
Nice! I don't get to see the sunrise that often as I'm usually asleep. Good job on keeping your cool. Road rage is no joke. Reminds me of an incident about a year ago when two guys were road raging in Arizona. One guy shot at the other guy and killed the little girl in the back seat. He also had a little boy that was fortunately unharmed. Imagine losing your life, or worse, your kid's life over some stupid road rage. Not worth it.
That's heart breaking to hear as I have a 5 year old daughter.. I can't imagine what I'd do without her. Part of my job is to handle people who are upset, angry, or not thinking clearly. No matter how often I come across this sort of behavior it always frightens me. I can't understand how their minds work in the moment, you know? One second the person is driving recklessly, the next second they are making choices that are life changing.. all over not being able to get in front of somebody on the highway.

I took these photos at different times - the locations are all places near where I live and the backdrops for photo shoots are endless. My goal is to get the vette in photos with weather evens such as lightning, or animals such as a bear, or something unusual. It's just a hobby but between work and play I get to see a lot of incredible things. The image of the vette was taken with my cell phone - I'll be sure to use the real camera for any planned photos in the future.

Last edited by ForceFedC4; 02-22-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Pretty sunrise. Thanks for sharing
Old 02-22-2017, 09:36 AM
itomh
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Nice!!
Old 02-22-2017, 12:25 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by ForceFedC4
That's heart breaking to hear as I have a 5 year old daughter.. I can't imagine what I'd do without her. Part of my job is to handle people who are upset, angry, or not thinking clearly. No matter how often I come across this sort of behavior it always frightens me. I can't understand how their minds work in the moment, you know? One second the person is driving recklessly, the next second they are making choices that are life changing.. all over not being able to get in front of somebody on the highway.

I took these photos at different times - the locations are all places near where I live and the backdrops for photo shoots are endless. My goal is to get the vette in photos with weather evens such as lightning, or animals such as a bear, or something unusual. It's just a hobby but between work and play I get to see a lot of incredible things. The image of the vette was taken with my cell phone - I'll be sure to use the real camera for any planned photos in the future.
Wow, those settings are priceless.

Get notified of new replies

To Atomic Orange At Sunrise

Quick Reply: Atomic Orange At Sunrise