C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch recommendation, please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 06:02 PM
TorqueWinsRaces
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Clutch recommendation, please.

The car is a driver with 3.90 gears and bolt-ons. I don't need anything crazy.

Thanks!

Master cylinder? Remote bleeder?

Last edited by TorqueWinsRaces; 02-23-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I have the Mantic ER2, I running about 550 RWHP, feels a little stiffer than stock. Mantic says its good to 650-700 RWHP.

As for master cylinder and remote bleeder I have Tick.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:28 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

mcleod and act are also good brands to look at... I highly suggest shying away from an oem clutch and going with a good aftermarket unit, you won't want to go back and do all the work over again when the pedal still sticks to the floor or you can't shift in high rpms with oem clutches... you might also consider getting a clutch that will hold more power than you have that way if your plans change you will have some room to grow into it
Old 02-23-2017, 11:32 PM
TorqueWinsRaces
Pro

Originally Posted by neutron82
mcleod and act are also good brands to look at... I highly suggest shying away from an oem clutch and going with a good aftermarket unit, you won't want to go back and do all the work over again when the pedal still sticks to the floor or you can't shift in high rpms with oem clutches... you might also consider getting a clutch that will hold more power than you have that way if your plans change you will have some room to grow into it
Are you seriously telling me that the pedal sticking to the floor thing hasn't been fixed? That happened in my 1999 Trans Am way back when. This 2001 Corvette had an aftermarket clutch when I bought it, so I've never had a problem with it. It actually still seems to grab fine, but I've put 100K miles on it and since I'm tearing all apart, I'm doing the clutch.

I thought for sure the answer was going to be a C6 Z06 clutch, or something like that. Damn.

So, Tick master and bleeder?
Old 02-24-2017, 09:51 PM
TorqueWinsRaces
Pro

I'm going to go with the Mantic clutch and flywheel. If it's good enough for ECS, it's good enough for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch recommendation, please.

Quick Reply: Clutch recommendation, please.