C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

04 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:22 PM
Cobber911
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 04 corvette

Alright so i decided to pull motor and forge bottom end this winter to get ready for a supercharger....everything went pretty well as far as the r&r i feel like everything is as it should be...got my baseline tune started car and immediately had a service abs and traction control light on...code is c1233...i have checked and double checkedmy wiring and cant find anything pinched or messed up anywhere...had an alignment done today hoping it would fix problem but no such luck....any thoughts on this issue something i am overlooking or need to try? Any help would be great car is running awesome just tired of idiot lights in my face
Old 02-26-2017, 04:09 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

C1233 is for the right front wheel speed sensor Not directly related to your engine work at all---UNLESS during the R/R you accidentally unplugged or fouled the RF wheel speed sensor circuit-----The wheel speed sensors are used for 2 things
1 The ABS uses this data to prevent the wheels from skidding on a hard stop
2 The traction control uses the data to prevent the rear wheels from spinning on a hard launch---( when TC button is ON )
Old 02-26-2017, 04:18 PM
Cobber911
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 04

Thanks man thats what i read online but not sure exactly what to do to fix the problem? Just replace the sensor?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:22 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

My guess is the ABS jumper wire is bad (the jumper wire connects the wheel speed sensor - wheel bearing - to the chassis wiring harness). Here's a quick and easy way to check the harness take the LF harness off and put it on the RF wheel, take the RF wheel harness and put it on the LF. If the code changes to a c1232 then you know that the issue is with the jumper harness - if it remains a C1233 then it's more thank likely the wheel bearing.

I have seen once where the issue was in the ABS module but more often than not it's either the harness or the bearing.

Get notified of new replies

To 04 corvette

Quick Reply: 04 corvette