Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1974 L-82 78K Miles by NCRS Member

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:29 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Default 1974 Black L-82 Convertible 78K Miles $27,000

SOLD.......

This Fully-equipped Factory L-82 "RestoMod" Beauty really catches the eye. From the near-perfect Black exterior paint to Tru-Spoke Chrome Wire Wheels, the distinctive look sets this vehicle apart from other C3s. All modifications were made over the years with increased functionality, eye appeal or performance in mind.

Features include:
• 78,000 original miles, only 23K in 26 years of ownership (55K when I bought it in 1991)
• L-82 factory Cowl Induction (Factory 250HP) with Quadrajet Carburetor.
• 2003 full engine/transmission rebuild added Edelbrock Performer intake, breakerless High Voltage Ignition, and updated cam, increasing HP to ~300HP
• M40 Turbo Hydra-Matic Automatic (Turbo 400) 3-speed transmission, 3.55 Rear End with very sharp shifts between gears.
• Original Dual pipe/muffler/resonator system with "patina" on pipes but no leaks.
• Original Custom Interior Trim, recent new interior carpets and stowed Black Soft top
• N37 Tilt and telescoping steering column, UF1 Map Light, working clock and an aftermarket AM/FM radio, amplifier and rear speakers protected by a passive alarm system (originally U58 AM/FM Stereo).
• N41 Power Steering, J50 Power Brakes and A31 Power Windows (a little slow rising up!)
• C60 Factory Air (compressor etc. removed during engine rebuild, but could easily be re-installed)

Although an NCRS Member, I did not ever plan to Flight this vehicle under NCRS rules. It was originally Blue/Black and the Black paint job remains in top shape after over 25 years (repainted the rear poly bumper due to cracking) thanks to preparation (removing seams and ripples) and application of a more modern paint. Anyone that has owned a Black vehicle knows how difficult it is to not have glaring issues due to poor preparation. This is not a “20 footer”….. you can see yourself clearly at two feet and only a few minor blemishes due to road rash at all minimizes the visual enjoyment. I am selling this car as I have an older Corvette and am upgrading to a C7 Z51 Convertible to replace this unit so that my 5’ 0” wife can comfortably co-exist with 6' 3" me as drivers using memory power seats and steering wheel.... gotta keep Mama happy! The pictures only give a hint of how well detailed and maintained this ’74 has been kept. I probably left out some details, but please contact me with questions or offers.... including a C7 Conv. trade. Asking $27,000 or best offer or C7 Convert. trade

Just a little more background....

* I purchased the car in April of 1991 with an original mileage of 55,604 when the repaint to the current black was done (remains flawless!), Headers and wire wheels already on car.
* In June of 2001 (65,565 miles) I replaced the tires, shocks, ball joints, control bushings and Strut rods and 4-wheel aligned it
* In March of 2003 (67,594 miles) I had the engine/heads and transmission rebuilt, changed to Edelbrock Intake, performance cam and removed the lackluster A/C compressor (easily restored with an original or updated compressor assy, if desired). Controls, ducts, etc. remain intact.
* Replaced the radiator in 2013 at 76K miles
* These mods/enhancements have been running for many years without any issue, including changing to aftermarket FM Stereo radio/cassette, amplifier and rear speakers 20+ years ago

This "RestoMod" would clearly not Flight in NCRS, but it runs like the proverbial top and if anything, is over-maintained over the 26+ years I have owned it...smile. As an NCRS member, I of course have receipts for all of the above maint. noted, and lots of "little" TLC things.

Some might take issue with the mods to the original version, but in terms of a sweet, fun, reliable and eye-catching ride, it is that.....smile.... so I feel no shame in making an already-modified vehicle my own with sensible and pragmatic improvements that have over time proven 100% more reliable than when I purchased it.

Last edited by lennykoll; 05-26-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Corkscrew
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to post a price, as per forum rules. Very nice looking car tho!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Originally Posted by Corkscrew
You need to post a price, as per forum rules. Very nice looking car tho!
Done.... usually had price in title but put miles instead.... $27K seems to be in line with NADA and Corvette Black Book Prices, and "comps" I have found..... thanks!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:13 PM
Vettedreamer74
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Just got my first Corvette last year and it's a '74 Coupe. Your Vert is beautiful!!
The following users liked this post:
lennykoll (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 08:09 AM
JohnnieUtah
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

One word...."Gorgeous".
Old 03-22-2017, 08:16 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnnieUtah
One word...."Gorgeous".
Aw shucks....smile....thanks for the kind words Johnnie and Dreamer. Kinda breaks my heart to part with "Blackie" as I have called him for many years but not getting any younger and the wife and I have plans for a new(er) C7..... still keeping our '63 RestoMod.... life moves on...."Onward and Upward" as we said in IBM......LOL....

Last edited by lennykoll; 03-24-2017 at 09:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Z06LMB (04-06-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 12:40 PM
Vettedreamer74
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, moving to a C7 will be awesome, so not really moving backwards!!
Old 03-25-2017, 09:17 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Default Feedback please

I have gotten 600+ plus views and only a few (very positive) comments and I am looking for HONEST feedback from fellow C3 Forum Members... do you think the price is ballpark for the vehicle and is there anything I am missing other than one serious buyer....smile.

It has only been on the market for a short time so I am not surprised a buyer has not emerged already, but I am in the car enjoyment business, not car selling business and value any and all feedback either posts or PMs..... I will be putting it into some local car shows that are coming up to give it exposure to enthusiasts but am waiting to sell this one before buying our new(er) C7.....thanks....

Last edited by lennykoll; 03-25-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:46 PM
lennykoll
Racer

Almost a thousand views and only a few (very positive) comments thus far. Seems unlike Forum members not to offer SOME sage advice about maybe it is overpriced, some details are missing or..... something....smile. All comments are requested and welcome......
Old 04-03-2017, 12:35 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Seems like a great price considering the car and the condition. All about timing

The car has a TH-400 transmission...right? But you say it is a 4 speed automatic? I had to install a 700- R4 to get a 4-speed automatic on my 74 vert.

Last edited by Alwyn678; 04-03-2017 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:41 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Originally Posted by Alwyn678
Seems like a great price considering the car and the condition. All about timing

The car has a TH-400 transmission...right? But you say it is a 4 speed automatic? I had to install a 700- R4 to get a 4-speed automatic on my 74 vert.
Thanks.... Good Catch....I had not caught the typo before.... it IS a 3 not 4 speed (changed it in ads). I believe the M40 was the only THM transmission used in the '74 Corvette production....
Old 04-08-2017, 01:19 PM
lennykoll
Racer

Still looking for an offer.... great buy for someone that wants a great looking and running auto 'vert with most things ready to drive or show.... optional updates I call them....smile...
Old 04-16-2017, 09:56 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Old 04-16-2017, 10:47 AM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Great car,love the black but, spokes on a Corvette? It's not a big deal..Aftermarket wheels for a C-3 and rally's are pretty abundant..
Old 04-16-2017, 12:17 PM
lennykoll
Racer

Nice looking '73 ride. Had the spokes when I bought it and they grew on me.... lots of positive comments generally... these tru-spokes are rare and if someone wanted to change them it is not a huge issue given the rest of the car.....smile...

Last edited by lennykoll; 04-16-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Hemi John
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

I am not a big "spoke" fan as it takes a certain car to pull it off. A very classy, elegant look. with that said, I do think your car pulls it off and looks great with the spokes. Just my opinion and I'm a cragar SS guy lol!

I do think your car is worth every penny as it looks like a beautiful car. I did a double take, its THAT nice! But.... you're competing price wise with some very nice chrome bumper cars and basically theres alot of nice cars in that price range. A lot of people look down on the rubber bumper cars, but your car just proves to me that I can never say I wouldnt take any specific year C3. I see too many fine examples that I would love to own, yours being a prime candidate!

I think it may take some time just to find the right buyer. If you watch the classifieds on this board, you'll see it taking some time for some cars to sell. Sellers reposting after months or even years sometimes! Only thing I can figure is probably most of the members on this board already own a vette. Possibly come here AFTER they bought one. Possibly look for another sale outlet such as Ebay or AutoTrader if theres a definite sale deadline. More exposure. Just my opinion on all of this trying to help a fellow C3 owner. Good luck with the sale
Old 04-16-2017, 02:11 PM
lennykoll
Racer

Originally Posted by Hemi John
I am not a big "spoke" fan as it takes a certain car to pull it off. A very classy, elegant look. with that said, I do think your car pulls it off and looks great with the spokes. Just my opinion and I'm a cragar SS guy lol!

I do think your car is worth every penny as it looks like a beautiful car. I did a double take, its THAT nice! But.... you're competing price wise with some very nice chrome bumper cars and basically theres alot of nice cars in that price range. A lot of people look down on the rubber bumper cars, but your car just proves to me that I can never say I wouldnt take any specific year C3. I see too many fine examples that I would love to own, yours being a prime candidate!

I think it may take some time just to find the right buyer. If you watch the classifieds on this board, you'll see it taking some time for some cars to sell. Sellers reposting after months or even years sometimes! Only thing I can figure is probably most of the members on this board already own a vette. Possibly come here AFTER they bought one. Possibly look for another sale outlet such as Ebay or AutoTrader if theres a definite sale deadline. More exposure. Just my opinion on all of this trying to help a fellow C3 owner. Good luck with the sale
Many thanks, John. I live in a smallish town 100 miles north of Phoenix (Prescott) and there are a lot of 'Vette fans...Spring car shows about to take place so can showcase it in person.... better looking than in pictures and hopefully the right person will fall in love with it.... just have to find one buyer.....grin.

Get notified of new replies

To 1974 L-82 78K Miles by NCRS Member

Old 04-16-2017, 02:20 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

Originally Posted by lennykoll
Almost a thousand views and only a few (very positive) comments thus far. Seems unlike Forum members not to offer SOME sage advice about maybe it is overpriced, some details are missing or..... something....smile. All comments are requested and welcome......
Just so you understand, it's actually specifically against forum rules for members to offer comments about it being overpriced or other criticisms, so don't take the lack of that as a negative.

Since you specifically asked for feedback, positive or negative, more people will feel more comfortable to do that. Many people, myself included, prefer to offer "suggestions" by PM rather than post, as it doesn't really help the sales thread.

Pretty black car. Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:00 PM
lennykoll
Racer

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Just so you understand, it's actually specifically against forum rules for members to offer comments about it being overpriced or other criticisms, so don't take the lack of that as a negative.

Since you specifically asked for feedback, positive or negative, more people will feel more comfortable to do that. Many people, myself included, prefer to offer "suggestions" by PM rather than post, as it doesn't really help the sales thread.

Pretty black car. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks. I would be surprised if it WERE actually overpriced but I did open the door to all comments....PMs welcomed... I have thick skin...LOL
Old 04-17-2017, 03:45 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 598 Likes on 485 Posts

Beautiful car, I say get some more pictures of the frame and mounts.

Quick Reply: FS: 1974 L-82 78K Miles by NCRS Member