C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Column Lock, no code/dic

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:17 AM
Swoop Dogg
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Column Lock, no code/dic

Tonight my car had the dreaded column lock. I know the answer for this is to get a CLB and I do plan on getting one, but tonight was different. The car showed no codes, did not see pull key on DIC either. After trying a couple times, I finally heard the "buzz" noise unlocking it, but this was after the key sat in the ignition. Has anyone had this happen? again, i know I need to pick up a CLB, but this was weird. google didnt return anything.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Swoop Dogg
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Good information thank you. Yeah I was actively pulling it and I also pulled after it worked. It was definitely odd, as I expected a message or a code but nothing. Come to think of it, it's done this once before (no code, no message on dic) so I will definitely be looking into the lmc5. Thanks again!
Old 03-23-2017, 02:08 PM
deepcj7
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default coulmn lock

With the LCM5 or any CLB, will the column lock be totally disabled so it wont work as intended or does it just make it work better?

Get notified of new replies

To Column Lock, no code/dic

Quick Reply: Column Lock, no code/dic