C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger Intercooler Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 08:53 PM
KKC7
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ProCharger Intercooler Question

I was going to try to purchase a used ProCharger unit that came off a 2014 C7. I own a 2016. Both cars are automatics and are non z51. He was told in order to work a smaller idler pulley and a small v bracket to water pump would need to be order as these things change from the different year models. As I was calling to figure out the price of these parts the rep from ProCharger told me that only the vertical intercooler would work on my car. This is what I don't get as if I would order a new ProCharger it gives me the option for a vertical or horizontal unit and does not state that a vertical will only fit. Is there something I am missing from what he said or did we not understand each other? I was preferring the horizontal unit all along and am puzzled why it will not work..

Last edited by KKC7; 03-23-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:08 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by KKC7
I was going to try to purchase a used ProCharger unit that came off a 2014 C7. I own a 2016. Both cars are automatics and are non z51. He was told in order to work a smaller idler pulley and a small v bracket to water pump would need to be order as these things change from the different year models. As I was calling to figure out the price of these parts the rep from ProCharger told me that only the vertical intercooler would work on my car. This is what I don't get as if I would order a new ProCharger it gives me the option for a vertical or horizontal unit and does not state that a vertical will only fit. Is there something I am missing from what he said or did we not understand each other? I was preferring the horizontal unit all along and am puzzled why it will not work..
Does your car have cooler where the horizontal intercooler would go? Simple as that.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:42 PM
Max Bet
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

When I ordered my Procharger kit for my 2016 Base from one of our online vendors, I ordered the kit with a horizontal intercooler. When it arrived, it had a vertical intercooler. I messaged both Procharger and my vendor and they both told me that only the vertical intercooler would work on my application. I didn't question it and so far no issues with it.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:19 AM
RpeterK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Non Z51 auto's do not seem to have the front horizontally mounted trans cooler.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:20 AM
Max Bet
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RpeterK
Non Z51 auto's do not seem to have the front horizontally mounted trans cooler.
That's correct. They don't. My kit came with a relocation kit which I did not use.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:20 AM
KKC7
Instructor

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
Does your car have cooler where the horizontal intercooler would go? Simple as that.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​I haven't bother checking yet. I just got the car back yesterday from getting a new rear differential.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:24 AM
KKC7
Instructor

Thanks guys for the responses. By the time I get the parts for the conversion unfortunately I will just be looking at the price of a new one. It's either wait till something pops up or just buy a new one. I guess I will find out how patient I am.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:49 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

You probably don't plan on running laps in your car. That and living in 110 degree weather are the only reason to go horizontal so don't worry about it.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 03-24-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To ProCharger Intercooler Question

Quick Reply: ProCharger Intercooler Question