C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A moron in a Sol and my C7 almost hit it.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 09:50 AM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts
Default A moron in a Sol and my C7 almost hit it.

Man there is some dumb people out there. I was gassing up with me behind the hose facing forward. All of a sudden I heard a loud "STOP". What the heck so I turned around and see a Sol backing right towards the back of my C7. The guy that yelled stop was at the next pump over trying to stop the idiot. So I jump into action and start pounding on his glass saying "STOP STOP". But he doesn't and keeps backing up finally after massive pounding on the glass from me and the good Samiratan he stops 2 inches from the back of my car.

Then the guy pulls up about 5 ft and the starts backing again towards my car. Now me and the guy are really pounding as hard as we can on his back glass and the other saying put on the brake put it in park and the guy keeps backing. Again stopping a few inches away. I shake'd the good samaritan's hand thank you for helping you saved my car. Then I took off. On the way home I realized how bad the palms of my hands were stinging. They stung for about a couple of hours that's how hard I was slapping on the back glass of that stupid Sol.

I guess I should have gotten the guy out of his car and kicked his *** but I am trying to be a better Christian lately so I just left. But if he would have hit my car I might not have been a good Christian. There are some really stupid people out there.

Last edited by gixxerbill; 03-24-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Popular Reply

03-24-2017, 11:24 AM
dndrsn
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

Maybe the guy in the Soul was drinking Sol and if he had hit your car you would have been SOL.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 AM
falconhulk
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Man there is some dumb people out there. I was gassing up with me behind the hose facing forward. All of a sudden I heard a loud "STOP". What the heck so I turned around and see a Sol backing right towards the back of my C7. The guy that yelled stop was at the next pump over trying to stop the idiot. So I jump into action and start pounding on his glass saying "STOP STOP". But he doesn't and keeps backing up finally after massive pounding on the glass from me and the good Samiratan he stops 2 inches from the back of my car.

Then the guy pulls up about 5 ft and the starts backing again towards my car. Now me and the guy are really pounding as hard as we can on his back glass and the other saying put on the brake put it in park and the guy keeps backing. Again stopping a few inches away. I shake'd the good samaritan's hand thank you for helping you saved my car. Then I took off. On the way home I realized how bad the palms of my hands were stinging. They stung for about a couple of hours that's how hard I was slapping on the back glass of that stupid Sol.

I guess I should have gotten the guy out of his car and kicked his *** but I am trying to be a better Christian lately so I just left. But if he would have hit my car I might not have been a good Christian. There are some really stupid people out there.

What???? So the guy was ignoring people beating on his car? He never said a word?
Old 03-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,550 Likes on 529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by falconhulk
What???? So the guy was ignoring people beating on his car? He never said a word?
LOL that is exactly what I was going to say. Was the person blasting 2 12" subwoofers or some really old person? Did the person in the DEL SLOW say anything?
Old 03-24-2017, 10:33 AM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by falconhulk
nope. He didn't even put his hands up like saying sorry. I think he must have been drunk or on drugs. nobody can be that stupid straight hopefully.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:34 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

At the least a call to 911 would be appropriate so a check could be made for possible impaired driving or mental issues. A former LEO told me one of the funniest impaired driver episodes occurred when he was a young officer in northern WI and a call came in about an impaired driver trying to drive away from a local bar. When he got there during a heavy snowfall the driver had her car in drive with the bumper against the wall of the bar and told the officer through her open window that her car was stuck in the snow as she furiously spun the tires trying to drive forward.

Last edited by NSC5; 03-24-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:53 AM
dndrsn
Melting Slicks

What's a Sol? He could have been messing with you.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:01 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

honda I think from about 15+ yrs. ago.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:17 AM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by dndrsn
What's a Sol? He could have been messing with you.
whoops "Soul" guess I got it confused with my favorite mexican beer.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:18 AM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by NSC5
At the least a call to 911 would be appropriate so a check could be made for possible impaired driving or mental issues. A former LEO told me one of the funniest impaired driver episodes occurred when he was a young officer in northern WI and a call came in about an impaired driver trying to drive away from a local bar. When he got there during a heavy snowfall the driver had her car in drive with the bumper against the wall of the bar and told the officer through her open window that her car was stuck in the snow as she furiously spun the tires trying to drive forward.
lol to that story. You're right I should have called 911. I was just happy i didn't have to get my car fixed.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:20 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Sounds like he may have intoxicated
Old 03-24-2017, 11:21 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

whoops "Soul" guess I got it confused with my favorite mexican beer.
Oh, the Kia from the hamster commercial. I had a one way rental for the museum pickup of my Z06 and what Enterprise had for their one way trip car was a Soul. Even a slight rise in the interstate caused it to downshift two gears to try to maintain interstate speed. It was embarrassing to park it in the NCM parking lot and my daughter and I quickly distanced ourselves from it.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:24 AM
dndrsn
Melting Slicks

Maybe the guy in the Soul was drinking Sol and if he had hit your car you would have been SOL.
The following 9 users liked this post by dndrsn:
jclarksnakes (03-24-2017), Judgment Day (03-24-2017), MikeyTX (03-25-2017), NSC5 (03-24-2017), owc6 (03-24-2017), speed4tu (03-24-2017), USMCVader (03-25-2017), vbdenny (03-24-2017), Z0Sick6 (03-24-2017) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-24-2017, 11:40 AM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by dndrsn

Oh, the Kia from the hamster commercial. I had a one way rental for the museum pickup of my Z06 and what Enterprise had for their one way trip car was a Soul. Even a slight rise in the interstate caused it to downshift two gears to try to maintain interstate speed. It was embarrassing to park it in the NCM parking lot and my daughter and I quickly distanced ourselves from it.
Yep that's it the hamster car. Was it hard to drive? Micro foot pedals or a weird shifter? I just can't believe how retarded the guy was.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-24-2017 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner (middle icon) to make your reply look like this
Old 03-24-2017, 11:51 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

I know the feeling except my car was actually hit. My car got backed into. It seriously sucked.

My friend was driving and I was in the passenger seat. We were stopped with the parking brake on so no time to get out of the way. Got to watch and feel the whole thing. Got a check from Progressive for $1400 without a fight. Busted the grill behind the aero license plate bracket (which was somehow undamaged) and subtle cracks in the paint.

I never fixed it because you probably wouldn't notice the damage unless I pointed it out in person. Can't really see it in pics. Scored a free grill from my dad, and I'll worry about perfecting the paint when it get a little more beat up by rock chips.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:53 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep that's it the hamster car. Was it hard to drive? Micro foot pedals or a weird shifter? I just can't believe how retarded the guy was.
Normal pedals and shifter as I recall, just incredibly under-powered. Central IL is VERY flat but a rise in the interstate was enough to make it downshift. It was easy, but embarrassing, to drive. Going from that Soul one way rental to a Z06 was like hopping off an aging mule onto a young thoroughbred racehorse.

Maybe the owner couldn't see what was around him because he was crouched down low in the seat so none of his friends would see him driving a Soul.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:26 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

At the least a call to 911 would be appropriate so a check could be made for possible impaired driving or mental issues.
My thought too.
The guy was a danger to humanity.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:29 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

I remember heading up a parking ramp when this old gentleman slowly backed right into my new Audi bumper. I got out to look and, since it was the days of a real bumper, no damage at all. The geezer got out, looked at it and said "it was bumper to bumper--better back up or i'll do it again"

PS: I am approaching geezer status, but not their yet.

Get notified of new replies

To A moron in a Sol and my C7 almost hit it.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:32 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Normal pedals and shifter as I recall, just incredibly under-powered. Central IL is VERY flat but a rise in the interstate was enough to make it downshift. It was easy, but embarrassing, to drive. Going from that Soul one way rental to a Z06 was like hopping off an aging mule onto a young thoroughbred racehorse.

Maybe the owner couldn't see what was around him because he was crouched down low in the seat so none of his friends would see him driving a Soul.
lol that is awesome at least you were going up. . But you know what would really suck is going from a z06 to a soul.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:33 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

lol that is awesome at least you were going up. . But you know what would really suck is going from a z06 to a soul.
I am glad you didn't post this late at night before I went to sleep because that is classic nightmare material!
Old 03-24-2017, 12:35 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

I am glad you didn't post this late at night before I went to sleep because that is classic nightmare material!
from rags to riches to foreign pos rags.

Quick Reply: A moron in a Sol and my C7 almost hit it.