C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Body clip question AND an electrical question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 01:10 PM
vigman
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default A Body clip question AND an electrical question

Well I'm REALLY enjoying my 07 Theft recovery ride... but there are 2 NAGGING items.

1) The body shop did a GREAT job on my nose EXCEPT they didn't have the proper clips to hold the nose flush to the hood, fight in the inside corners where the headlight , rubber bumper cover & hood meet up. I went to the GM dealer 2X and I THINK I have the " correct clips". So can anyone chime in and say YEA or NAY ?

2) On my Pass side seat there SHOULD be a 3 pin connector that attaches to the seat belt latch. My car is an 07, the seats are out of an 05. I just bought a USED seat harness, for an 07 for 65 bucks ( E bay ) and the DEALER stated it was the "correct " harness if I didn't have heated seats, so my plan was to graft the 1 connector into the existing harness. I just got the harness today and it DOESN'T have the connector I needed. SO I'm at a loss on my next move. The harness I got was a 88898529 which SHOULD BE the exact same as a 88895328... but the "29" doesn't support heated seats..

Is it POSSIBLE that this 3 pin connector is NOT part of the seat harness but s separate plug ?????
Attached Images     

Last edited by vigman; 03-25-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:13 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

retainer is correct
The following users liked this post:
vigman (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 01:50 PM
vigman
Instructor

OK well after a HARD look thru the schematics It's NOT a pass side seat belt switch ... it's the Pre tensioner.. Which is a bit confusing the parts sheet ( fig 39 ) states pre tensioner AND switch, but the schematic has no mention of a pass side seat belt switch.... Plot thickens
All the PRE TENSIONER and seat belt latch are on the inboard side of the seats

Correction.. the connector is on the OPPOSITE side.. derp...
I'm not even sure what this " sensor " is doing.... Or what it's called....
Attached Images  

Last edited by vigman; 03-26-2017 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:29 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by vigman
I THINK I have the " correct clips". So can anyone chime in and say YEA or NAY ?
The other clip on the front fascia is a 11609871

The second pic is courtesy of Paul (LV2TOUR)

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590940277

Last edited by jft69z; 03-25-2017 at 05:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
vigman (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 11:29 PM
vigman
Instructor

OK that was a great post ! NOW I get it... back to the dealer Monday.....
Still head scratching over the electrical issues...... I do not want to pull the seat without a game plan, that makes sense !
Old 03-27-2017, 12:39 PM
vigman
Instructor

When all else fails, start at the beginning...
So I have a code B0092
Pass Presence system 1
( Whatever that is )
So now back to the books...
I think my manual is incomplete, it keeps referring to the seat belt diagrams but I have yet to find that bit.

back to the research ~
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2017, 01:25 PM
vigman
Instructor

Ok I had identified the 3 wires ( in the book ) go from the PPS module...
7) Dark Green to pin A of the 3 pin ( Crkt 5609 ) Sensor V ref
6) Yellow to pin B of the 3 pin ( Crkt 5608 ) Sensor signal out
15) Gray to pin C of the 3 pin ( Crkt 5610 ) Sensor low ref

PPS module is in the drivers DOOR Brilliant.....

Last edited by vigman; 03-28-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:54 AM
vigman
Instructor

OK I THINK the PPS crkt is NOT in the 18 way seat connector BUT in the yellow air bag connectors.. back to the drawing board !
Old 03-30-2017, 01:25 PM
vigman
Instructor

Default Seat wiring progress

Faith in Humanity RESTORED....
Old Parts guys ROCK...
So a contact in another Corvette connection said Hit up Ken .. He love these electrical puzzles. Ken understood my issue but was at a loss to point me in the right way.. But He told me to call Bob at Ridge Rock chevy in Washington... Bob took a few minutes got a grip on my issue ... he did not have access to the info I needed BUT called the GM TECH hotline.. got 21 pages sent to him Via e mail of the WHOLE PPS system AND all the updates to that system including schematics of the " mods "... BUT the harness I need is NO LONGER AVAILABLE... BUT he had a 5 year old seat stashed ( warranty repair ) with the full harness INCLUDING the connector needed for 50 bucks !!!!!! HUAZAH It' went in the mail TUESDAY !
Attached Images   
Old 03-30-2017, 01:28 PM
vigman
Instructor

It's a MANUAL 07 seat BUT the connector I need is by the stud ( left side lower pix ) but I get ALL the wiring & modules + schematics so NOW it should be a slam dunk !
Old 03-30-2017, 09:20 PM
porschev
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vigman
It's a MANUAL 07 seat BUT the connector I need is by the stud ( left side lower pix ) but I get ALL the wiring & modules + schematics so NOW it should be a slam dunk !
if you have removed the seat with integrated airbag you will need the yellow connector with resistor to fool the system into thinking the seat airbag is present. Vetteworksonline sells them and they work perfectly. The grey and purple plug you are holding goes to the Passenger Presence Weight Sensor which tells the system to arm or disarm the passenger side dash and seat airbags in the event of a crash. The sensor and system is calibrated to distinguish the weight difference between a child seat and older passengers. The sensor is actually a bladder filled with silicone mounted in the base of the seat. if you don't plan to reuse the PPS function you can remove the bladder and tightly roll it up with zip ties to fool and arm the system. You can also purchase a simulator as I did from Airbag360 in Ireland. The simulators from Vetteworks and Airbag360 all worked perfectly and clear the alarms. oh, if you rollup the bladder or use the airbag360 simulator you will need to latch the seat belt harness or buy a insert from Vetteworks. good luck.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:28 AM
vigman
Instructor

Ok the harness & module and 22 sheets came in today.. the module is a 18 pin going to 2 3 ways ( seat belt ) and I ASSUME the someone is in the seat membrane. This leaves 5 wires, 3 are pink for power and 2 for signal that go the MAIN 18 pin seat power connector, THEN off to the drivers door for the PPS system. The 05 seat is missing all this stuff EXCEPT the seat membrane, SO I'm hoping that this will do the trick. I have the new harness untaped and waiting for a de pin tool....

Get notified of new replies

To A Body clip question AND an electrical question

Quick Reply: A Body clip question AND an electrical question