C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

al knoch seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 11:30 AM
20round
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
Default al knoch seat covers?

hey guys, I just got my new 65 seat covers and foam.. nice stuff! I have a question though with the covers, there was 2 pieces of a heavy black material that I do not understand where it goes? it was not the same material as the covers. I will try and get some pics if need be..thanks troy
Old 03-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Call Al Knocks and ask them where they go.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:33 PM
20round
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Call Al Knocks and ask them where they go.
I guess so thank you mike.. but my problem is I cant use phones while on duty 12on 12off. and only have limited access to a computer. so it will be several days before I make it too a phone during business hours for them. so that is why I was hoping someone might know?..thanks troy
Old 03-27-2017, 07:31 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 275 Posts

Do you plan on installing them yourself. If so good luck. On my 62 I purchased all the items needed from al knoch thinking I could do it but got nowhere. After taking the seats to 3 different upholstery shops and them telling me they would have to trim down the foam to get it to fit and would have to make some other modifications, I decided to ship all items back to Knoch and have them do the work. Of course it turned out perfect. If you know a shop that does midyear covers then you are probably OK but if it's just a mom and pop shop, you may run into trouble.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:00 PM
20round
Drifting

Originally Posted by MOXIE62
Do you plan on installing them yourself. If so good luck. On my 62 I purchased all the items needed from al knoch thinking I could do it but got nowhere. After taking the seats to 3 different upholstery shops and them telling me they would have to trim down the foam to get it to fit and would have to make some other modifications, I decided to ship all items back to Knoch and have them do the work. Of course it turned out perfect. If you know a shop that does midyear covers then you are probably OK but if it's just a mom and pop shop, you may run into trouble.
i have recovered seats before on chevelles and camaros. i dont think i will have a issue. i have done a crap load of reserch on the differences between them and the corvette. youtube is great..but thank you moxie.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:06 PM
20round
Drifting

Originally Posted by MOXIE62
i have recovered seats before on chevelles and camaros. i dont think i will have a issue. i have done a crap load of reserch on the differences between them and the corvette. youtube is great..but thank you moxie.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:34 PM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

It might just be protective material. Al Knoch supplies the seat covers with the installation kit already installed. They may be using scrap material to protect the seat covers from being scratch during shipment.
I have done many 65 seat installations. They should just include the covers, foam and installation kit.
The following users liked this post:
20round (03-28-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To al knoch seat covers?

Quick Reply: al knoch seat covers?