C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Side Door Lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:27 AM
68 Big Block
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Door Lock Issue

I've seen several threads on this, but none describe my specific issue.
When I use the key fob or the door switches to lock/unlock the doors. It will lock the passenger side door, but it won't unlock it. The only way to unlock the passenger side door is to actually use the "flipper" handle on the door.
It locks every time with the fob, and with either electrical switch, but it won't unlock electrically at all. I'm guessing it must be the solenoid, but I'd like some input. There are no codes showing up on the DIC.

Regards,
Merle

BTW, thanks to all for the help. This forum is invaluable to all of us who like to maintain our own cars.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:50 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

I never took notice on my Vette but, when I use the unlock on my key fob of my 03 Silverado I have to press the unlock button twice to unlock both doors. If i only press it once the drivers door unlocks only.

AND.......I reread your post....Yes, as 8VETTE7 said, could very well be the unlock relay

Last edited by SG Lou; 03-30-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:32 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by SG Lou
I never took notice on my Vette but, when I use the unlock on my key fob of my 03 Silverado I have to press the unlock button twice to unlock both doors. If i only press it once the drivers door unlocks only.

AND.......I reread your post....Yes, as 8VETTE7 said, could very well be the unlock relay
If I remember reading the manual correctly, this is the way the door unlock functions are supposed to work.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:28 PM
nate544R
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This seems to be a common issue with quite a few GM products of this era.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger Side Door Lock Issue

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Door Lock Issue