Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

New Corvette Club in Charlotte NC

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:03 PM
MY PROZAC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Corvette Club in Charlotte NC

We would like to take this opportunity to introduce everyone to the newest Corvette club in the Charlotte, NC area

Generations Corvette Club--We are a club founded on fun, and the love of the greatest sports car in the world--the Corvette!

We would like to invite you all to visit our web site www.GenerationsCorvetteClub.com

Please remember to sign our "yearbook"

Thank you

Generations Corvette Club
Old 01-29-2008, 08:34 PM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes the response has been overwhealming and has confirmed our feelings about starting a club based on fun and a club FOR the members NOT just a club for the members to join. Our members own the club as well as their cars.

Mark Curtis (Vice President of Automotive)
Old 01-29-2008, 10:48 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by SunsetC6
Yes the response has been overwhelming and has confirmed our feelings about starting a club based on fun and a club FOR the members NOT just a club for the members to join. Our members own the club as well as their cars.

Mark Curtis (Vice President of Automotive)
How exactly does your club differ from the clubs that already exist in the area?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:26 PM
MY PROZAC
Advanced

I am glad you asked!

We are a club that is run by the members! As a member you do not belong to the club, you own the club!

Each member is encouraged to take their ideas from the drawing board, to the planning stage, to running the event. The board does not tell the memebers what they are going to do; but are there to help and assist the members in what is done.

Our meetings are different in the fact they are tied to an activity, not just sitting and listening to business. If you do not want to attend a business meeting the time of the activity will be posted so you can show up at the time the fun starts.

The Board meetings are open to the members and are held just before the Business meetings. There are no secrets.

Each member will have their car featured on the club web site.

Nothing will ever be based on the age, mileage, type, or number of Corvette a person owns.

We are trying to get back to the old school style car club, rather then a social club that is slowed by politics.

At Generations Corvette Club, "the cars gets you here, but the people keep you here!"

Chris Patton
President
Old 01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Motime
Advanced

Awesome website!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:42 PM
only59
Pro

Nice website

Last edited by only59; 01-30-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Motime
Awesome website!
Thank you very much. I appreciate the comment. I am really proud of the way it turned out. It has been alot of work and I cannot thank the officers and members enough for thier contributions to the site. There will more as the membership grows. Keep watching as it will be changing and updated each week.

Sincerely, Mark Curtis (V.P. of Automotive and Webmaster)
Old 01-30-2008, 07:11 PM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by only59
Nice website
Thank you very much. I appreciate the comment. I am really proud of the way it turned out. It has been alot of work and I cannot thank the officers and members enough for thier contributions to the site. There will more as the membership grows. Keep watching as it will be changing and updated each week.

Sincerely, Mark Curtis (V.P. of Automotive and Webmaster)
Old 02-01-2008, 01:01 PM
crox
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris,,,,

I have some interest in this new Corvette club and have sent Bart the membership form, primarily so you folks have my email address so I can get in the loop on any meetings or outtings. Enjoyed the golf outting out at Emerald Lake and playing with Ron/Becky.

Mark,,,,
Great job on the website. I was unaware that you also had the C1. Nice car.

look forward to more information...
Ron G.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
MY PROZAC
Advanced

Our meeting will always be tied to an event, our very first event is going to be on the 23rd of Feb caravaning down to the Liberty Tap Room in Greenville SC.

Look on the "Gettin Around" page of the web site to see all about this trip and to let us know if you will be attending!

We are going to be putting some golfing events together as soon as the weather breaks!

Chris
Old 02-01-2008, 04:24 PM
C3 Jones
Racer

Location: You think your hauling gass then you Then you Look in your Mirror and Oops there I am

Default Membership

I have a problem joining any club that I have to fill out an Application wait for approval and and pay dues to.

Our Club Metrolina Corvetts Club is free and you dont have to join or pay to play with our group.

Nice web site...need to loose the auto Play music it will get you busted when checking out the site at work.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
MY PROZAC
Advanced

Default Membership

I am sorry that you feel that way but you are very much entitiled to your own opinion.

The application will be used for information and demographic record keeping. If you look and the appilcation you will see that we have asked for birthdays and anniversays. This is so our members can be recognized as being a vital part of the group and so the rest of us will be able to celebrate with them. This is something that the dues will be used for. On the application we also asked for and emergency contact person, so we will be able to act responsible and with forethought.

The dues are only $60 per year or $15 per quarter. The group decided to collect dues rather then ask for donations at every turn. I also know that the dues will be given back to the members ten times over. In addition this lets the members have equal ownership of the club; and no one person donated any more the anybody else.

"Members do not belong to the Generations Corvette Club; they own the club."

Chris Patton
President
"The car gets you here; the people will keep you here"
Old 02-04-2008, 01:26 PM
C3 Jones
Racer

Location: You think your hauling gass then you Then you Look in your Mirror and Oops there I am

Originally Posted by MY PROZAC
I am sorry that you feel that way but you are very much entitiled to your own opinion.

The application will be used for information and demographic record keeping. If you look and the appilcation you will see that we have asked for birthdays and anniversays. This is so our members can be recognized as being a vital part of the group and so the rest of us will be able to celebrate with them. This is something that the dues will be used for. On the application we also asked for and emergency contact person, so we will be able to act responsible and with forethought.

The dues are only $60 per year or $15 per quarter. The group decided to collect dues rather then ask for donations at every turn. I also know that the dues will be given back to the members ten times over. In addition this lets the members have equal ownership of the club; and no one person donated any more the anybody else.

"Members do not belong to the Generations Corvette Club; they own the club."

Chris Patton
President
"The car gets you here; the people will keep you here"
Hi Chirs and Generations Corvette Club Members
I'm sorry if I hurt anyones feelings voicing MY opinion it was MY opinion only and not that of MCC's
I thank you for the explanation for the Application and Dues.
I hope in the future your club and ours can get together for some fun runs and meetings.
I too hope to meet you personaly and apologize for sounding rude. It was not my intention to **** off anyone I just call it like I see it and sometimes i **** off people in the process.
The remark about the music autoplay was just a heads up I did not get in trouble cause I own the place but my employees would have if I heard the music from their computer on my time.
Again Sorry if I made anyone mad but not sorry for my opinion.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
VetteMonkey
Instructor

Hey Guys! Great Web site Mark! Something the others are lacking for sure! An impressive start. Got your phone call. We'll be in touch.

Ed
Old 02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by C3 Jones
MY opinion it was MY opinion only and not that of MCC's
Is someone telling you what to say Jeff? I'm sure that Chris values all input, not just remarks that are favorable to Generations.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VetteMonkey
Hey Guys! Great Web site Mark! Something the others are lacking for sure! An impressive start. Got your phone call. We'll be in touch.

Ed
Thanks Ed. Good to hear from you and hope you can join us sometime. Took Jackie's 14 year old son to Road Atlanta and he had a blast. The kid is addicted to Corvette's and Corvette Racing now. You are going to have to get down there with all of us sometime. Have a great evening and keep in touch.

Mark
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM
ZexZo6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey great site!!! Looks like you guys got a good thing going on here. Good music too, lol! It's very important everyone is having fun and gets along good which seems to radiate off of you all from the look of the website. You got a true group of Enthusiasts. I'm sure I will meet most of you within the year or so.......

Joe Olejniczak
President, Neuse River Corvette Club

Get notified of new replies

To New Corvette Club in Charlotte NC

Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZexZo6
Hey great site!!! Looks like you guys got a good thing going on here. Good music too, lol! It's very important everyone is having fun and gets along good which seems to radiate off of you all from the look of the website. You got a true group of Enthusiasts. I'm sure I will meet most of you within the year or so.......

Joe Olejniczak
Thanks for the kind comments. We are hoping this really grows as we go along. The website was just launched a week ago on Sunday the 27th. The club has been in development since late Nov. early Dec. It has really came along well and the response has been teriffic so far. It is alot of work to get one up and running and I cannot say enough about how hard the other officers have worked and the brain storming sessions we have endured along with a few bottles of Advil. We are really trying to get back to the old school type of car club.

Mark Curtis
V.P. of Automotive and Webmaster
Old 02-05-2008, 09:44 AM
MY PROZAC
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZexZo6

Joe Olejniczak

Thanks! We are really trying hard to keep everthing fun and light hearted. We have a great group of members that have kept us going in the right direction.

I have met some of your club members at an airshow last year. I hope when we are in your neck of the woods we can all get together.

Chris Patton
President
"The car gets you here; our people keep you here!"
Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
MY PROZAC
Advanced

Originally Posted by C3 Jones
Hi Chirs and Generations Corvette Club Members
I'm sorry if I hurt anyones feelings voicing MY opinion it was MY opinion only and not that of MCC's
I thank you for the explanation for the Application and Dues.
I hope in the future your club and ours can get together for some fun runs and meetings.
I too hope to meet you personaly and apologize for sounding rude. It was not my intention to **** off anyone I just call it like I see it and sometimes i **** off people in the process.
The remark about the music autoplay was just a heads up I did not get in trouble cause I own the place but my employees would have if I heard the music from their computer on my time.
Hey, its all good! No harm no foul! We value every persons opinion.

I would be crazy to think that Generations Corvette Club is for every person out there. We are just wanting to let every Corvette owner out there know that there is a new club on the block in the Charlotte area.

We will be doing some cruises; weekend trips and car shows, and we want to let everyone know that they are welcome anytime to take a ride with us and check us out.

I will be stopping by to see the MCC gang at breakfast in Mt. Holly before you all go out and burn up some pavement on Saturday.

See you then!

Chris Patton
President
"The car get you here; The people keep you here"

Last edited by MY PROZAC; 02-05-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: New Corvette Club in Charlotte NC