Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Curious: Any mod friendly dealers around tampa?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:07 PM
PolishDude
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Curious: Any mod friendly dealers around tampa?

I have an 08 and one of the primary reasons i got it was due to a warranty. Id like to get an intake and headers eventually. The intake I am not so worried about but the headers a little, are the chevrolet dealers in and around tampa mod friendly?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Z06_Joe
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by PolishDude
I have an 08 and one of the primary reasons i got it was due to a warranty. Id like to get an intake and headers eventually. The intake I am not so worried about but the headers a little, are the chevrolet dealers in and around tampa mod friendly?
I have been taking my car to Maher Chevrolet in St.Petersburg. I spoke with a few of the guys there and this how it all boils down. If you bring you car there lets say with water in the headlight and you have headers and an intake. Well that has nothing to do with the headlight so your ok. If you go in there with a rod hanging out of your block then you might have a problem. Dealers cannot void your warranty for no reason at all. If that was the case the aftermarket parts business would go down the tubes. I came right out and even told them what I will be doing to the car. They said no problem as they were working on a the power seat of a vert with LG headers, intake, lowered, and B&B exhaust right in front of me. The only thing they dont like are the O2 simulators. They will give you the evil eye if they see them on the car. You can get around that by having your car tuned properly though.

My Z has been there for over a week for warranty work. Maher test drove the car and management there belives there is something wrong with the way the car shifts. They went through all of the proper steps and have decided to pull the complete drivetrain and replace the complete clutch assembly consisting of: pressure plate, disk, throwout bearing, master & slave as well as a few gaskets in the trans. GM very rarely replaces a clutch on their dime as it is considered a wear item. Maher also did my roof for me as it was delaminating last month. They did a great job and you cannot even tell the roof was replaced. Paint looks flawless.

I'm getting it back this afternoon and already have my AR headers, hurricane intake, stainless brake lines and also QM600 cam. When your looking for someone to install your parts shoot me a PM.

Joe
Old 02-09-2008, 01:29 AM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The guy who used to be the service manager at Maher is John.

He recently switched over to another dealership in Tampa.

He is an awesome mechanic and can be reached at 727-481-3322.

He can hook you up with anything you need. He has worked on my Vettes for 5+ years.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:03 AM
STREETKNIGHT
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Ferman...see Tommy

Get notified of new replies

To Curious: Any mod friendly dealers around tampa?

Quick Reply: Curious: Any mod friendly dealers around tampa?