Go Back   Corvette Forum > Upcoming Events and Regional Discussion > Southeast
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Southeast
Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
RedLS1GTO
CF Senior Member

Default Paint in Hampton Roads

Well... all of you in the area remember the wonderful hailstorm we had a little while ago. My Z got caught in a parking lot for the duration and has some damage as a result. Tiny little paint chips (down to the white) are all over the roof and hood. Somehow I don't see any on the trunk, don't quite know why. Has anybody had any really good experiences with body shops around here?? I'm trying to decide on a touch-up or a complete repaint. It seems from a few threads in other forums that prices are all over the map for a re-paint. Any idea what can be expected here? I have dealt with 3 different body shops in the area with my GTO and not one of them did a job that I was happy with. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
Lowcash
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redls1gto View Post
Well... all of you in the area remember the wonderful hailstorm we had a little while ago. My Z got caught in a parking lot for the duration and has some damage as a result. Tiny little paint chips (down to the white) are all over the roof and hood. Somehow I don't see any on the trunk, don't quite know why. Has anybody had any really good experiences with body shops around here?? I'm trying to decide on a touch-up or a complete repaint. It seems from a few threads in other forums that prices are all over the map for a re-paint. Any idea what can be expected here? I have dealt with 3 different body shops in the area with my GTO and not one of them did a job that I was happy with. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
PM Gary (GBVette) or Casey (CS Vette). They have both used Nansemound River Auto Body (I think that is the name).

Lowcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
obxfunn
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09

Send a message via AIM to obxfunn

Yes, that is the name and I heard from Casey they do a great job. You can also email Cobra4B, Brian. He left me a message the other day about a shop that just repainted his car after one screwed it up. He soad he was really happy with the job they did on his yellow Vette.
obxfunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
RedLS1GTO
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxfunn View Post
Yes, that is the name and I heard from Casey they do a great job. You can also email Cobra4B, Brian. He left me a message the other day about a shop that just repainted his car after one screwed it up. He soad he was really happy with the job they did on his yellow Vette.
Thanks guys! OBXFUNN, you really need to change your avatar. I see it and I want one! Since the hood is going to be repainted anyway...
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
obxfunn
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09

Send a message via AIM to obxfunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by redls1gto View Post
Thanks guys! OBXFUNN, you really need to change your avatar. I see it and I want one! Since the hood is going to be repainted anyway...
Yep now would be the time to get one. I love it!!
Old 05-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
CS Vette
CF Senior Member

Yep, Barry Moore at Nansemond Auto Body. PM sent.
CS Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:16 PM   #7
Lowcash
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS Vette View Post
Yep, Barry Moore at Nansemond Auto Body. PM sent.
Lowcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:16 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Upcoming Events and Regional Discussion > Southeast
Reload this Page Paint in Hampton Roads

Tags
auto, barry, body, forum, hampton, job, moore, nansmond, paint, river, roads, touch