Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Info about Jacksonville, FL

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:36 PM
enjoytheview
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info about Jacksonville, FL

Hi all, my name is Adam. I currently live in NJ, but might be moving to the jacksonville area for work. Just wanted to see if anyone had any info on the area. Also any advice on areas to look for apartments and areas to stay away from. Would be nice to drive my car more often and enjoy the weather compared to jersey. Anyway, thanks in advance for any info and if i make the move i look forward to meeting some of you guys from the southeast.

Adam
Old 02-11-2009, 12:34 AM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

You don't want to be in certain parts of the northside or the westside. Orange Park area to the south is super congested but less expensive. Beaches area is OK but can be pricey. Generally speaking, note GENERALLY, southside and Mandarin areas are decent. Every area has it's good and bad sections like any other city. Depends on your price point, again, like any other city.

I would suggest doing what we did. Get a decent apartment out at the beach or rent a house and then take some time to figure out where you want to buy.

If you auto-x or road race North Florida Corvette Association is for you. We're NCCC affliated. If you're a waxer, Jacksonville Corvette Club is what you want. SCCA is the Buccaneer region.

We've been here for about 11 years now and it's gotten much better over time. It's not cutting edge but it's a decent place.

Don't expect Miami weather all the time. It was in the high teens this past Saturday night. It usually doesn't get that cold but if it does it typically doesn't last long. It was around 70 today.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Olustee bus
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You will love it in Jax or the surrounding area. AS you are in Toms River, you may enjoy Fernandina Beach or St. Augustine but it is a long commute. Closer into town, San Marco and San Jose are nice places also. I had a little bungalow off Hendrix avenue (Peachtree Circle) that I would love to have now. It backed up to a forest that was wetlands so no one could build behind me.

The far southside, off Butler Boulevard or 9A is a good area. It is mostly all new with a lot of conveniences.

Join a vette club. You will get to know people and places real quick. I was a member of North Florida Corvette Association years ago and loved it. I understand it is still a good organization of folks.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Irish Whiskey
Melting Slicks

Cars and Coffee Jacksonville (look on internet) meet at 95 and Airport Rd. every second Saturday of the month in the morning - great collection of exotics, etc - worth your while - same as the California group that has been featured on the Speed Channel.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:55 AM
enjoytheview
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks guys, very helpful info. If i take the job i probably wouldn't be there for more than a year or two, so I would be looking to rent. I've seen some nice places online around fruit cove and bartram park. I'm a sales rep so I would most likely be traveling around the entire jacksonville area, which helps to allow me to live where I want. I'll be sure to check out some of these events if i take the position.

Thanks again,
Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Olustee bus
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You may not want to leave.

Get notified of new replies

To Info about Jacksonville, FL

Quick Reply: Info about Jacksonville, FL